Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Looking for a game...
Looking for a game...
2006-04-13, 8:21 PM #1
I was wondering if any one of you folks know of an mmo where you can fly ships? I don't mean a space fighting mmo, I mean, an mmo where you can walk around a ship, and fly it, use turrets, live on it, etc etc... but also you can walk around planets and make your living there as well... any one know of thing along these lines?

EDIT: Something like Serenity would be nice.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-04-13, 8:27 PM #2
Would be nice if there was one. But I don't think there is. :(
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-04-13, 8:29 PM #3
Well, techically Noctis fit's the bill.

Space Ships: Check
Walk around ship: Check
Walk around Planets: Check

The problem is, that's about it. No combat, no story. Just you, a space ship, and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of planets.
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2006-04-13, 8:29 PM #4
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:

Lol, the dream of every Firefly fan.
I don't know of anything but that would be really cool, something between freelancer and oblivion.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-04-13, 8:34 PM #5
EVE Online?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-04-13, 8:35 PM #6
[QUOTE=West Wind]Well, techically Noctis fit's the bill.

The problem is, that's about it. No combat, no story. Just you, a space ship, and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of planets.[/QUOTE]

And it's really hard to learn to play.
I'm just a little boy.
2006-04-13, 8:37 PM #7
[QUOTE=West Wind]Well, techically Noctis fit's the bill.

The problem is, that's about it. No combat, no story. Just you, a space ship, and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of planets.[/QUOTE]

My goodness! Thank you!!! Thats a great start really... some day this might become a great game. I'm posting this because I just saw Serenity for my first time, I've always imagined a game where it has a serenity type of feeling to it.
2006-04-13, 8:44 PM #8
Originally posted by genk:
EVE Online?

No walking around... just space ships... that gets boring when one wants to virtually stretch their legs...
2006-04-13, 8:57 PM #9
Just make one.
2006-04-13, 9:00 PM #10
Originally posted by tofu:
Just make one.

Don't go there tofu. He made a good, respectful thread.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-13, 9:04 PM #11
Theres supposed to be a Star Trek mmo coming out, since it's Star Trek you should be able to expect that sort of interaction. However, nothing's really been said about it AFAIK except the announcement that it's planned.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-04-13, 9:05 PM #12
Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
Theres supposed to be a Star Trek mmo coming out, since it's Star Trek you should be able to expect that sort of interaction. However, nothing's really been said about it AFAIK except the announcement that it's planned.

Hmmm that should be interesting... recently I've become some what fond of Star Trek, yet I know nothing about it.
2006-04-13, 9:14 PM #13
Hey folks... I just looked at the Star Trek mmo... and it looks great! Also, I say that their beta program could start as early as this July... that was when the faq was realeased last year, and they said that atleast a year would go by... but it could be more. My hopes are up for this.
2006-04-13, 9:27 PM #14
july... sweet.... hope i can play it (both system-whise and..... any other way)... be awesome to command a Constitution-class starship, in my opinion :)
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2006-04-13, 9:44 PM #15
[QUOTE=Admiral Zarn]july... sweet.... hope i can play it (both system-whise and..... any other way)... be awesome to command a Constitution-class starship, in my opinion :)[/QUOTE]

ya me too... how ever the people on the forums say they expect it for late 2007 :(
2006-04-13, 9:44 PM #16
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
I was wondering if any one of you folks know of an mmo where you can fly ships? I don't mean a space fighting mmo, I mean, an mmo where you can walk around a ship, and fly it, use turrets, live on it, etc etc... but also you can walk around planets and make your living there as well... any one know of thing along these lines?

As sad as it sounds, Star Wars Galaxies meets every guideline of that description.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-04-13, 9:53 PM #17
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
As sad as it sounds, Star Wars Galaxies meets every guideline of that description.

You can fly ships? That must be new, I thought the ships were just 'get on, select destination, arrive at destination'.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-04-13, 9:53 PM #18
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:

Oh nooo... that was a waste of my hard drive when I played it... and its dying faster than a ship that is sinking. My life has too much Star Wars in it... especially now with the fan film project... I need too loosen up before I totally lose.
2006-04-13, 10:08 PM #19
Originally posted by genk:
EVE Online?

I tried the 14 day trial a while ago. Bored me to tears. I didn't even finish the tutorial before I decided to uninstall it.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-04-13, 10:09 PM #20
I'll be waiting to see how the Stargate mmo turns out.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-13, 10:10 PM #21
Originally posted by Spook:
You can fly ships? That must be new, I thought the ships were just 'get on, select destination, arrive at destination'.

You must had played before the lightspeed expansion. That expansion added the spaceship aspect of the game, allowing you to pilot your own starfighter and fly around space. I heard it's now consider free for anyone with a SWG account.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-04-14, 11:08 AM #22
Well, I'm surprised nobody's mentiond X3. Ithat fits the bill, It's not online thogh, but it's still good, deep and beautiful.

↑ Up to the top!