Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → mIRC problems...
mIRC problems...
2004-06-17, 5:07 PM #1
a) You have to buy it? man...

b) how do i get to the massassi server? step by step plz?

------------------
Why Did the Chicken Cross The Road?

>>The Bible's Answer:
And God came down from the heavens, and He said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road." And the chicken crossed the road, and there was much rejoicing.
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2004-06-17, 5:21 PM #2
You dont have to buy it to use it, but you should because it rocks.

1. After filling in your desired username, email, etc, you should be presented with a blank window.
2. Type in, "/server irc.holonet.org" (without the quotes obviously) and hit enter.
3. Wait for mIRC to connect. When lines stop scrolling past the screen, then you're probably connected. You should see a message of the day (motd) and a few other things.
4. Type "/join #massassi" and hit enter.
5. You're done!

If you plan on being a #massassi regular, I highly suggest you register your name. Someone in the chat will probably help you with this when you want to do it.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage

[This message has been edited by DSettahr (edited June 17, 2004).]
2004-06-18, 6:37 AM #3
Wait, do I have to use money? Cause the last thing I want is to use money...

------------------

>>The Bible's Answer:
And God came down from the heavens, and He said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road." And the chicken crossed the road, and there was much rejoicing.
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2004-06-18, 6:46 AM #4
Nope, no money unless you want to buy it.

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged
2004-06-18, 10:33 AM #5
...awesome....

------------------

>>The Bible's Answer:
2004-06-18, 10:52 AM #6
Of course, you could do as I did and download mIRC 6.03 off of OldVersion and do it that way.

------------------
[ Massassiism ] [ Cynicism ] [ Fanaticism ]
Sell your soul for a cookie?
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-06-18, 11:00 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by - Tony -:
Of course, you could do as I did and download mIRC 6.03 off of OldVersion and do it that way.

</font>

I would advise against using any version prior to 6.12, as there are several security flaws in the older versions. They are fixable with scripts, but still I dont see why you wouldnt just use the latest version.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage

[This message has been edited by DSettahr (edited June 18, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!