Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wow, I love these..
Wow, I love these..
2006-04-15, 10:28 PM #1
From an e-mail I just got:
Quote:
Hi everybody, this was sent to me through contacts... I'm sure you've been hearing a lot about this, so I'll leave it up to you what you do with it... This is 100% true. The use of msn and hotmail will cost money from summer 2006. If you send this message to 18 different people from your list your little msn icon will become blue and that will make it free for you. If you dont believe me go on ([url]www.msn.com[/url]) and see it yourself. Dont foward this message, copy paste it so people will actually read

I just love getting these so much, don't you? :rolleyes:
2006-04-15, 10:30 PM #2
I remember getting one saying if I forwarded this message to even one person, Bill Gates would send me $100 and then more for the people they send it on to, and then more for the people those people send it to.

I think it was total BS.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-15, 10:46 PM #3
You "think" so.
2006-04-15, 10:54 PM #4
Of course, because it has that oh-so-reliable testimony at the bottom from someone who received a check in the mail!
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-15, 10:58 PM #5
When I get my $100 check in the mail I'll change that statement.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-15, 11:28 PM #6
http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=40698

They make me want to hurt people.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-04-16, 1:56 AM #7
Why don't you just silently delete that stuff?
2006-04-16, 2:21 AM #8
I never understood those e-mails; at least spam has some sort of purpose in being sent... I guess it must be a social experiment of some sort.

And the fact that they're still getting around decades after the invention of e-mail proves that people are, on average, ****ing idiots.
Stuff
2006-04-16, 4:38 AM #9
i could understand someone wanting to start a chain letter that he could see had been round the world and got back - but if REALLY wanted to do that, I'd start an email basically saying so. In fact, I might just do that:

Dear person,

My name is Martyn, and I'd quite like to see this chain email get all over the world and back to me again in a few months. There are no rules, no silly promises of money, good luck, bad luck or anything retarded like that - all I'd like you to do is forward this on (delete all the gubbins that most email clients generate - it looks untidy) to as many people as you can, especially those likely to forward it to someone else.

Many thanks,

Martyn
2006-04-16, 5:02 AM #10
People who send me such mails irrevocably end up on my blacklist. No matter if they are friends or family.

[edit] After that it's vital to notify them of this fact and remove them from your blacklist after a harsh talk. They'll think twice before ever sending me spam ever again.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2006-04-16, 5:05 AM #11
I just ignore or autodelete spam. If I got something like the one I drafted there I might think twice about forwarding it though - only to the girls who send me crap like that in the first place though ;)
2006-04-16, 8:15 AM #12
I had a girl send me a chain letter, right? I go and make some stupid one (Monoxide was in on this, he spread it around to his friends) and send it to her and a few friends. This girl comes to school the next day PISSED OFF. I don't know why...it was a joke, but she was PISSED.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-16, 10:02 AM #13
Originally posted by kyle90:
And the fact that they're still getting around decades after the invention of e-mail proves that people are, on average, ****ing idiots.

What scarier is when you think about someone of average intelligence, then realize there's 3 billion people dumber than them :(
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-16, 10:51 AM #14
You can view spam but don't download and run the attachments, especially if the file is named F***YOU.EXE!
2006-04-16, 1:45 PM #15
I've been sent that one about MSN cosing money about 15 million times. I love how they say check [url]www.msn.com[/url], but if you do it says nothing about it costing money.

****s.
nope.
2006-04-16, 1:50 PM #16
if you're like me and want to save your spam to see how long it takes beforeyou fill your inbox, hotmail breaks after 4000 or so messages. Its was only about 25% of the 250megs of space
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-04-16, 1:54 PM #17
I get NO hotmail spam.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-16, 1:55 PM #18
Haha, even scripts hate you.
nope.
2006-04-16, 2:34 PM #19
Actually, this wasn't even really spam in the sense of mass mailing lists, it was a forward I got from a friend. I just love how many people actually believe this.

↑ Up to the top!