Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mammoth
Mammoth
2006-04-16, 3:08 PM #1
Anyone heard of THIS?

It's got Summer Glau who played River in Firefly & Serenity.
It looks like a pretty standard scifi flick but I might watch it just to see how she does in a different role.

What do yall think?
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-04-16, 3:13 PM #2
I think Summer Glau could/should do better .'/

edit: oh, and http://www.scifi.com/mammoth/gallery/index.php?cat=gallery_01&sid=pic_11
2006-04-16, 3:18 PM #3
Ugh.. SciFi's flicks...
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-04-16, 3:18 PM #4
Holy suck
2006-04-16, 4:08 PM #5
Sci Fi Channel flicks are...odd. They pick the wierdest (and dumbest?) monsters and creatures for movies.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-16, 7:32 PM #6
yeah they do, I think idea may be "lets do something that hasn't been done before."
Which is a good approch, if only they'd stop and ask if there's a reason knowone's done that before.
They seem to favor snakes aswell.
but either way,
When ever I see something like firefly that I really like and the actors appear to be really good, I always like to see other things they've done to see if they are any good in anything besides that one role.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-04-16, 7:36 PM #7
Yahoo, Nathan Fillion was in Saving Private Ryan!!!
2006-04-16, 7:40 PM #8
the only thing sci fi does is take normal animals, makes them radioactive and/or really big, and then unleashes them on a small town/native village/military complex in the middle of nowehere. it's the same thing over and over again.

and it looks like she doesnt have much of an acting range from the trailer i saw.

but.. ill calm down.. and remember.. it's a scifi channel movie.
2006-04-16, 8:01 PM #9
Originally posted by Cazor:
and it looks like she doesnt have much of an acting range from the trailer i saw.

Yeah I saw that too, but that was only a small little bit, I'm going to keep my hope for her (not the movie) up for now.
2006-04-16, 8:10 PM #10
So... why would you need special forces to take out a Mammoth?
2006-04-16, 8:17 PM #11
well, mamoths arent elephant sized, obi, as a lot of people assume. just recently didnt some reasearchers find a frozen one who's head alone was something around 25 feet wide (not with the trunks, juust the skull)? so about a classroom size.
2006-04-16, 8:27 PM #12
Good lord, how bored were they?
2006-04-17, 5:38 AM #13
Originally posted by Delphian:
Good lord, how bored were they?

Considering the average quality of SciFi's flicks, not very.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2006-04-17, 6:27 AM #14
I actually thought this was about Mammoth Tanks first. :rolleyes:

Or did I? :p
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-17, 7:39 PM #15
Originally posted by Echoman:
Sci Fi Channel flicks are...odd. They pick the wierdest (and dumbest?) monsters and creatures for movies.

Frankenfish Versus Pinata coming soon.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-04-17, 8:01 PM #16
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
I actually thought this was about Mammoth Tanks first. :rolleyes:

Or did I? :p

That would be infinitely better. :p
2006-04-17, 9:35 PM #17
Aargh, here they go again.

When sci-fi makes a film about a cockatrice invasion, I'll be interested.
2006-04-17, 9:40 PM #18
Originally posted by money•bie:
Holy suck

+1

↑ Up to the top!