Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → M:i:III
M:i:III
2006-04-18, 9:13 AM #1
Official Site

IMDB Website

So who is planning on seeing the movie? I really liked the first one, didn't care for the second much, but am looking forward to this one, especially since Philip Seymour Hoffman is the villain. So looking past Tom's latest antics, it could actually be pretty good.

Also, notice on the IMDB web page there is a somewhat amusing error:
Quote:
Plot Outline: Secret Agent Ethan Hawke comes face to to face with a dangerous and sadistic arms dealer while trying to keep his identity secret in order to protect his girlfriend.

I think they mean Ethan HUNT. Ethan Hawke is another well known actor. Whoever was writing it must have been confused. :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-04-18, 9:17 AM #2
roflz, it even says Ethan Hunt next to Tom Cruise's name.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-04-18, 9:24 AM #3
I only really want to see the movie for Hoffman and that one shot in the trailer when Cruise gets blown into the side of the car.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-04-18, 9:26 AM #4
blows.
Pie.
2006-04-18, 9:28 AM #5
I like the theme music.

At least from movie one.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-18, 9:42 AM #6
Not directed by John Woo? Then I don't care. And wow, this new director has only directed TV shows in his all-too-short past in his directing career.

I am not filled with confidence.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-04-18, 9:47 AM #7
It looks more stupid than the first two. That is saying something too.
2006-04-18, 9:47 AM #8
Wait, wait... John Woo didn't do great a job directing the second... why be disappointed. This new dude could pull something out of it.
2006-04-18, 11:29 AM #9
Originally posted by Whelly:
Not directed by John Woo? Then I don't care. And wow, this new director has only directed TV shows in his all-too-short past in his directing career.

I am not filled with confidence.

WOW. ONLY TV SHOWS! That obviously means he has no idea what he's doing! It's not like doing one series of a major television show is equivalent to at least 4 movies in length. And being that he directed Lost. I would say that's equivalent to 4 MAJOR movies for each season.

And the movie looks pretty sweet.
>>untie shoes
2006-04-18, 11:48 AM #10
Even though I really like the first part, after the horrible piece of rubbish the second was, I'm not too thrilled.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2006-04-18, 11:54 AM #11
I'm more looking forward to X3.

>.>
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-04-18, 12:00 PM #12
On one hand I'm like "Eh Tom Cruise."

On the other hand the Mission Impossible theme always gets me pumped.
2006-04-18, 1:01 PM #13
It has just been announced that Oprah will be playing one of Cruise's adversaries, and she will be killed via electrocution.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-04-18, 1:04 PM #14
Originally posted by Homicide:
It has just been announced that Oprah will be playing one of Cruise's adversaries, and she will be killed via electrocution.

Wheeeeee!

[http://www.briansherrill.com/images/oprah.jpg]
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-18, 1:14 PM #15
I heard that he is giving all the money he makes from this movie to scientology (probably just a rumor though)

If that's the case, I don't want to support it. (Not like it looks really good anyway)
2006-04-18, 1:21 PM #16
I support scientology and other things that piss god off.
2006-04-18, 1:25 PM #17
Originally posted by Homicide:
I support scientology and other things that piss god off.

you support cults?

Scientology seems to be worse than christianity when it comes to radicalness
2006-04-18, 1:32 PM #18
I'm not going to bother seeing it. Trailer looks crappy, second movie was crappy.
nope.
2006-04-18, 1:47 PM #19
Originally posted by TSM_Bguitar:
you support cults?

Scientology seems to be worse than christianity when it comes to radicalness

I have no problem with cults. All I do is watch from the sidelines. People are stupid enough to give them money, sucks for them.

Also, I should clarify: I have no problem with god, it's just his fan club I can't stand.
2006-04-18, 1:55 PM #20
Originally posted by Bill:
WOW. ONLY TV SHOWS! That obviously means he has no idea what he's doing! It's not like doing one series of a major television show is equivalent to at least 4 movies in length. And being that he directed Lost. I would say that's equivalent to 4 MAJOR movies for each season.

Um, if you think that directing a TV show is the same as directing a movie, then you're an idiot. I hate his style in Alias and Lost, and I'm sure his inexperience and crappy style will permeate through M:I3.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-04-18, 2:52 PM #21
Yeah, I'll see it. I enjoyed the other two, although the second one was a formula action movie in comparison to the first.
2006-04-18, 3:00 PM #22
The first one is an awesome movie, the second one sucked donkey balls and this one looks much like the second one. Doesnt look very promising.

But it's not like I wont go see it the first week it's out.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-04-18, 3:09 PM #23
Philip Seymour Hoffman is my boy. I'll see anything that he is in
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-04-18, 3:14 PM #24
I'm actually interested in seeing Silent Hill. That movie looks good, and I usually don't go for horror movies.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!