Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → All of the enjoyable, intoxicating effects of alcohol without unpleasant side-effects
All of the enjoyable, intoxicating effects of alcohol without unpleasant side-effects
2006-04-18, 8:30 PM #1
Synthehol

At least, an interesting idea for it. I guess time will only tell rather it's truly possible.
"The solution is simple."
2006-04-18, 8:32 PM #2
No more hangovers would be pretty sweet.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-18, 8:34 PM #3
You can get the same effect by drinking in a hypobaric chamber. Drunk off one beer, and once you leave the chamber, well, you've only drank one beer so you can instantly sober up and not have a hangover.

I can't vouch for how safe this would be though.
Stuff
2006-04-18, 9:15 PM #4
lol, Professor Nutt.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-04-18, 9:35 PM #5
Or people could just stop drinking so much altogether?

British females for one. They're gonna regret it when they're middle aged.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-04-18, 9:50 PM #6
I'd prefer not to drink, as I like my judgment and don't desire to impare it. :p
2006-04-18, 10:02 PM #7
HREFA.
HEY.
<

PROGRESFOR NUTT IS RIGHT

iwant hangoverfgree booze.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-04-18, 10:22 PM #8
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
lol, Professor Nutt.

Yeah, sadly that's like the first thing I noticed, haha
一个大西瓜
2006-04-19, 12:57 PM #9
Finally, science benefits humanity.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-19, 1:10 PM #10
Just how many of the unpleasant effects are we talking about eliminating here? Does this mean there'll be no upper limit on the number of drinks you can have before vomiting? Does it mean that a very small person like me can get infinitely drunk (or at least so drunk that I'm no longer able to get a glass to my mouth) with no consequences for my health, apart from injuries sustained when I find a way to trip over my own neck?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-04-19, 6:16 PM #11
[QUOTE=Michael MacFarlane]Just how many of the unpleasant effects are we talking about eliminating here? Does this mean there'll be no upper limit on the number of drinks you can have before vomiting? Does it mean that a very small person like me can get infinitely drunk (or at least so drunk that I'm no longer able to get a glass to my mouth) with no consequences for my health, apart from injuries sustained when I find a way to trip over my own neck?[/QUOTE]No.

The only difference is that you'd sober up faster.

The world governments aren't going to legalize anything like this, though. You aren't talking about a naturally-occuring chemical that can very easily be called "food", like alcohol or caffeine. You're talking about an artificial and deliberate psychoactive chemical additive.
2006-04-19, 6:19 PM #12
Originally posted by Echoman:

...wrote Echoman on his computer. :p
2006-04-19, 6:20 PM #13
Originally posted by Echoman:

So the stuff Jonas Salk made wasn't considered science... :p
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-04-19, 6:43 PM #14
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
So the stuff Jonas Salk made wasn't considered science... :p

Or it didn't benefit humanity... :em321:
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!