Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A story of employment, manure, and a single day of work
A story of employment, manure, and a single day of work
2006-04-19, 2:19 PM #1
I have a funny story, it's of employment, or rather, my lack therof. Because as of today, I quit a job after working for 1 day.

Let me preface by saying that several months ago, unbeknownst to the general massassi public, I broke my arm, after falling off the hood of a moving car (Explination of why and how would require it's own thread). The break was so bad, that I required surgery to reset the bone, and put a plate and screws over the bone, which would get me out of the cast faster, and keep me from suffering and permenent elbow or wrist damage from being in a cast and sling for 8 weeks. I did the surgery, and such, physical therapy to repair the muscles, all that jazz. After a couple months, it seemed my arm was back to it's full potential, and I was able to lift things around the house and such, so I thought it was all good.

About the time my arm was all uber and more importantly, a cyborg arm, I was looking for a job, since I need money for prom / beach week / buying sweet sweet hookers. I heard that a local garden center WHOSE NAME WILL BE LEFT UNMENTIONED was hiring loaders. This position including putting heavy bags of mulch, manure, soil, etc in people's cars. Since my arm was at it's seemingly full potential, I signed up for said job. They gave me the job, uniform, loading belt, and I was all ready for the first day.

Now this job was not rocket science, customer comes up with a ticket, I put stuff in their car. Simple as that. As the day began, everything was going fine. Around 3 hours into my 6 hour shift, my arm started feeling like it was about to fall off. I could not lift with my arms anymore, and was having to lift entirely with my back, putting immense ammounts of stress on my back. By the end of the shift, I was hunched over like Quasimoto, and my arm hurt so bad I had to get the sling out of the back of my car for the first time in 5 months.

I called in first thing next morning, and said the job just wouldnt work out, because of my arm, she said she had seen the scar when I had the interview (Honestly, an interview? I was putting s**t, litterally the fecal matter of a bovine, in Mexican's 25 year old camaros), and was very understanding, and as such, was going to take me off the schedule. She then told me that the uniform and loading belt would still be deducted from my check, and I told her to keep the check, as the ammount would be negligible. However, I found out just a few minutes ago, that the NAMELESS GARDEN CENTER, just direct deposited $3.13 to my account.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-04-19, 2:48 PM #2
That's a fortune! :eek:
2006-04-19, 2:48 PM #3
buy a case of pop! HOIST IT INTO THE AAAAAAAAIR
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-04-19, 2:55 PM #4
You are weak!!! Just kidding. Just because you rehabbed doesn't mean you arm is back to full strength. It can take a while after rehab to really get things back to normal.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-19, 3:37 PM #5
Is it a bad scar?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-19, 3:40 PM #6
Knock yourself out!
Attachment: 11469/gukm.jpg (6,296 bytes)
2006-04-19, 3:55 PM #7
Quote:
She then told me that the uniform and loading belt would still be deducted from my check

WTH? They suck!
woot!
2006-04-19, 4:12 PM #8
you mean you couldn't i dunno... return that stuff to them?

and i need to see this scar
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-04-19, 8:00 PM #9
Ill get a picture tomorrow, and I've been trying for months to get copies of the Xrays of the cyborg arm.

And they told me when I signed up that it would be deducted from my paycheck, so I was expecting that.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!