Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Myspace just saved lives!
Myspace just saved lives!
2006-04-21, 9:04 AM #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060421/ap_on_re_us/foiled_plot

Discuss.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-04-21, 9:17 AM #2
This thread is lacking heavily in your personal opinion.

Discuss.
2006-04-21, 9:20 AM #3
Originally posted by Shintock:
Discuss.
Discuss.
2006-04-21, 9:21 AM #4
And the one line that will cause the most commotion..
Quote:
...investigators had learned the suspects liked violent video games.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-21, 9:22 AM #5
Just read the link and talk about it.

If you're too lazy, here's a small bit of it:

Quote:
RIVERTON, Kan. - Five teenage boys fully intended to go on a shooting spree at their high school but were stopped after one of them discussed the plot on a Web site, law enforcement and school officials said.
ADVERTISEMENT

The boys, ranging in age from 16 to 18, were arrested Thursday, the anniversary of the Columbine massacre, just hours before they planned to shoot fellow students and school employees, authorities said.
2006-04-21, 9:32 AM #6
Wow. They're not too bright.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-21, 9:40 AM #7
Great, now every damn school in this area's probably going to freak out and go on lockdown. Glad I'm out of highschool.

Edit: Holy ****! Four of them are in the juvie less than a mile away from where I'm sitting.
2006-04-21, 9:40 AM #8
Thankfully so, Avenger.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-04-21, 9:43 AM #9
Indeed.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-21, 10:51 AM #10
That video game statement is incredibly out of place. It's like I'm reading a news article then something completely random comes up, then they finish the article. Weird.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-21, 11:08 AM #11
****, poor ****ed up kids...
/fluffle
2006-04-21, 11:55 AM #12
OMQ, THEY PLAYED TEH VIOLUNT VIDEEOW GAMEZ!!111 TEHY MUST BEE KOLD BLUDDED KILLATRZZzz!!111

...seriously, what's even the point of saying that? 99% of teenagers in America enjoy violent video games. That'd be like saying "It's also reported that the teens breathed oxygen."
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-04-21, 11:57 AM #13
OMG! We must destroy the oxygen in the atmosphere because it's causing shooting rampages!!!111
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-21, 12:03 PM #14
Quote:
Norman also mentioned bullying and said investigators had learned the suspects enjoyed Krispy Kremes donuts.

2006-04-21, 12:04 PM #15
Uh oh, I like violent video games and oxygen :em321:

Edit: and Krispy Kremes donuts
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-04-21, 12:39 PM #16
I agree with Freelancer.

Quote:
Norman also mentioned bullying and said investigators had learned the suspects liked violent video games.

Those idiots give a bad name for video gamers.
2006-04-21, 12:54 PM #17
Quote:
"It's kind of scary to know that people from a little town like this would even try anything like that."

Of course because all people who would ever even THINK about shooting up a school/etc live in the same town.

I wish for once a FEMALE would be involved in this type of event. But *why* would females play violent video games which of course effect the hormones of teenage boys and tell them they must kill everyone.

They always seem so suprised when it's the "oddball" kid who everyone else at school hates. High school plays a large part in the emotional development of teens. I now know, no matter how ****ty things in life may get, nothing will be worse than high school.

Pfft. I'm going to go back to stealing cars and killing hookers.
i've died a thousand deaths in a thousand beautiful places that don't exist, because when you reach utopia, there's nowhere else to go..."

Boku wa kimi no okazu
2006-04-21, 12:54 PM #18
Quote:
Norman also mentioned bullying and said investigators had learned the suspects liked violent video games.

Of course, they have to play the violent video game card. Get your heads out of your asses, America. Games don't cause people to do stupid ****, unless they were stupid to begin with and then they were bound to do something stupid in any case.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-04-21, 12:54 PM #19
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
Uh oh, I like violent video games and oxygen :em321:

Edit: and Krispy Kremes donuts

Oh NOES!!11 Don't DO IT!!1/1 YUO HAEV FRENDS TAHT KAER ABOTE YUO@!11/
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-04-21, 1:28 PM #20
There was an incident yesterday near here.
Kid, 9th grade, killed his dad and was reportedly going to shoot up the school. why do the crazies do things on aniversaries?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-04-21, 1:32 PM #21
Originally posted by genk:
why do the crazies do things on aniversaries?

I wouldn't worry too much about those. The truly crazy ones make anniversaries. ;)
2006-04-21, 1:34 PM #22
As a tribute to other dumbasses such as themselves
2006-04-21, 1:45 PM #23
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Oh NOES!!11 Don't DO IT!!1/1 YUO HAEV FRENDS TAHT KAER ABOTE YUO@!11/

You'll never take away my donuts! [http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Space_Bandit/rlp_smilie_312.gif]
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-04-21, 1:47 PM #24
who knows if they actually had the balls to go through with the plan..

if you really felt like killing a bunch of people, you wouldn't tell everyone on myspace... but its too bad these kids feel like they need to kill people.. highschool is just a phase.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-04-21, 1:48 PM #25
Originally posted by ore_sama:
Of course because all people who would ever even THINK about shooting up a school/etc live in the same town.

I wish for once a FEMALE would be involved in this type of event. But *why* would females play violent video games which of course effect the hormones of teenage boys and tell them they must kill everyone.

They always seem so suprised when it's the "oddball" kid who everyone else at school hates. High school plays a large part in the emotional development of teens. I now know, no matter how ****ty things in life may get, nothing will be worse than high school.

Why oh why do you have to make my laugh until my internal organs hurt!!!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-21, 1:59 PM #26
they forgot to mention rock music.

I remember there was some guy who did a lot of damage of somesort, and then they blamed it on Manson. It was a big thing a few years back...
can't really remember what it really was about but a few years ago rock/metal music was blamed for this. now i see they changed to video games.

wonder what's gonna be next, cheese?
Pie.
2006-04-21, 2:29 PM #27
Originally posted by Nitropenguin:
wonder what's gonna be next, cheese?

Massassi
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-04-21, 6:26 PM #28
Myspace....I viewed some people's pages there and it's full of goths and emos. Most of them are messed up in the head.
2006-04-21, 6:50 PM #29
i have a myspace. Am i goth/emo?

NO!

Lots of normal people have myspace.

So shush your face.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-04-21, 7:01 PM #30
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
OMQ, THEY PLAYED TEH VIOLUNT VIDEEOW GAMEZ!!111 TEHY MUST BEE KOLD BLUDDED KILLATRZZzz!!111

...seriously, what's even the point of saying that? 99% of teenagers in America enjoy violent video games. That'd be like saying "It's also reported that the teens breathed oxygen."

Wow, I didn't know 99% of the teenager population were nerds.
2006-04-21, 8:11 PM #31
Originally posted by SavageX378:
Wow, I didn't know 99% of the teenager population were nerds.

Not everyone who plays videogames is a nerd. Practically everyone I know plays computer or video games, and less than a third of them would be considered nerds by society's standards.
Moo.
2006-04-22, 5:25 AM #32
"USD 404 Superintendent David Walters"
I bet he can't be found... :rolleyes:
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-04-22, 5:39 AM #33
I'm no nerd, *snort* pushes glasses up
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-22, 6:21 AM #34
Originally posted by ore_sama:

Screw that -- start cutting down bushes and breaking pots to steal people's money. Give into your rampant kleptomania!

I love the Grand List of Console RPG Cliches. :D
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-04-22, 8:20 AM #35
Originally posted by Gebohq:

My hair is pretty outrageous...purple....:o and I do have an infinite love for fencing(ohhh shiny swords)....MAYBE I'M THE MAIN CHARACTER IN ONE OF MY RPGS!

Though, I'd want to be Kadaj~
He's pretty and psychotic. Best combination.
i've died a thousand deaths in a thousand beautiful places that don't exist, because when you reach utopia, there's nowhere else to go..."

Boku wa kimi no okazu
2006-04-22, 9:53 AM #36
Parents: Kill your kids. It's apparent that children are linked to violence.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-22, 9:55 AM #37
God I hate Kansas.
D E A T H
2006-04-22, 1:27 PM #38
Quote:
Myspace just saved lives!

While continuing to ruin the Internet daily... :(
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-04-22, 1:37 PM #39
And the students at school didn't care. The article makes it seem as though life at school went on as normal and while the staff may have been shaken, the kids didn't change anything. "He was an oddball, anyway, nobody likes him. Let's keep making fun of people." I think what it would take would actually be a shooting for them to have a wake-up call. gah, such jadedness and they're not even through highschool.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-04-22, 1:39 PM #40
Originally posted by Impi:
"USD 404 Superintendent David Walters"
I bet he can't be found... :rolleyes:

Super Nintendo Chalmers!!!
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!