Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What time do you take your showers?
What time do you take your showers?
2006-04-22, 9:27 AM #1
I found it interesting many people are split on this subject.

I'm a night-taker. I can't stand go to bed all dirty, that's just nasty. So how about you?
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-04-22, 9:28 AM #2
Morning.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-04-22, 9:29 AM #3
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
Morning.

Wo, posted when I was still making the poll.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-04-22, 9:43 AM #4
Morning. We're cheap, so we rarely run the A/C. In the summer, I can get rather sweaty, so I need to get myself all clean and nice-like for the day.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-04-22, 9:47 AM #5
Morning. It's disgusting to sleep, sweat, get dirty from your bed (face it, no matter how much you clean it it's never 100% or even close), then go out and meet your friends and whatnot for the day. Not to mention my hair gets all greasy the next day if I take it at night. Stupid long hair.
D E A T H
2006-04-22, 9:53 AM #6
I used to go to shower on mornings, then I switched to nights, then late evenings... and now it's getting earlier again. Perhaps back to square one.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-22, 9:54 AM #7
night
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-04-22, 10:03 AM #8
Morning. It helps wake me up. (I'm a really bad morning person). Also, I used to have long hair that would go completely crazy if I slept with it wet.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-04-22, 10:52 AM #9
Every morning, but occasionally other times too.
2006-04-22, 11:03 AM #10
Originally posted by Martyn:
Every morning, but occasionally other times too.

like all good-natured people
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-04-22, 11:23 AM #11
usually in the evening, once every 2-3 days. I don't sweat a lot, and my hair gets dried out if I shower too often.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-04-22, 11:35 AM #12
The real question is...

Do you shampoo facial/body hair?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-04-22, 11:37 AM #13
That's disgusting Sarn.

I don't sleep well if I feel all dirty and sweaty and greasy from the day's activities. I have to get into my sheets clean and fresh.

In summers though, or after active nights :p, I'll take an additional morning shower.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2006-04-22, 11:41 AM #14
I shower two to 3 times a day...

Once in the morning, after working out if I work out that day, and once before I go to bed.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-04-22, 11:50 AM #15
Morning, wakes me up and the aformentioned long hair issue.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-04-22, 11:54 AM #16
Nights...I don't have time in the mornings. :(
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-04-22, 11:59 AM #17
Morning.

But like once a month, I will be really lazy and not shower at all for a day.
2006-04-22, 12:03 PM #18
Once in the morning always, or else my hair will be all straight and boring throughout the day, then after I get back from the gym as well.
2006-04-22, 1:19 PM #19
I usually shower in the morning unless I'm:

a) late

b) having a day off, and being REALLY lazy

Otherwise it's always shower in the morning though occsaionally at night too.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2006-04-22, 1:22 PM #20
Usually in the middle of the day, like 1 or 2 pm.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-22, 1:40 PM #21
The poll assumes you get up and sleep like a normal person... <_<

Normally, I take a shower when I first wake up. I feel gross when I wake up, and I need something to wake me up too.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-04-22, 2:30 PM #22
It depends on when I wake up.

For school days, I take it in the morning.
For days where I wake up at like 11AM/Noon, I take it in the afternoon.
Usually if I'm crashing at someone elses house, I'll take it the night before so I don't have to wake up earlier and take it in the morning.

I don't like to take showers at night all that much, because when I wake up in the morning, I feel sweaty and my hair is all messed up, so I'd have to take a shower again. I'm a very hard sleeper. I will take showers at night though if I've been playing basketball at night, but I'll usually showr again in the morning.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-04-22, 2:37 PM #23
As far as what Sarn says... that's not neccessarily gross. I shower every day (morning), but I only wash my hair every other day or so. The more you wash your hair, the more you strip it of its natural oils and the quicker it replaces those oils. Thus, hair that gets nasty by the end of the day when you shower in the morning. If you ween yourself off of washing your hair every day, your scalp will stop compensating so much and your hair won't get greasy nearly as quickly.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-04-22, 2:56 PM #24
Most people I know with long hair only wash it once every two days.

I usually shower in the morning, and again in the evening if I'm going out for the night.
2006-04-22, 3:15 PM #25
Originally posted by Achelois:
As far as what Sarn says... that's not neccessarily gross. I shower every day (morning), but I only wash my hair every other day or so. The more you wash your hair, the more you strip it of its natural oils and the quicker it replaces those oils. Thus, hair that gets nasty by the end of the day when you shower in the morning. If you ween yourself off of washing your hair every day, your scalp will stop compensating so much and your hair won't get greasy nearly as quickly.

Sound logic but for my case biology works too quickly. See the oils produce on my hair in abundance. Sometimes I've ran fingers through hair only to see said fingers glisten. This has been all throughout my life.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-04-22, 4:31 PM #26
I just step outside when it rains with a bar of soap in hand. The neighbours don't like it, but they got used to it. I sometimes put on a little show just incase they are acually peeking through their blinds.

;)
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-04-22, 4:34 PM #27
i take a shower before work so... night... usually ~9PM
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-04-22, 4:58 PM #28
I am very bad about showering. I shower anywhere from every other day to once a week. :o
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-04-22, 5:03 PM #29
Does 4 a.m. count as early morning or late night??
i've died a thousand deaths in a thousand beautiful places that don't exist, because when you reach utopia, there's nowhere else to go..."

Boku wa kimi no okazu
2006-04-22, 5:20 PM #30
night...

Originally posted by ore_sama:

uh....er..... middle?! :o
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2006-04-22, 5:57 PM #31

That depends on whether it's before you go to sleep, or after you wake up.

I shower every morning, and again at night if I've done something to get sweaty or dirty.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-04-22, 6:03 PM #32

What you doing up @ 4 AM??
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-04-22, 6:14 PM #33
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
What you doing up @ 4 AM??

I'm pretty much an insomniac.
my average bedtime is between 5 - 6 a.m.
i've died a thousand deaths in a thousand beautiful places that don't exist, because when you reach utopia, there's nowhere else to go..."

Boku wa kimi no okazu
2006-04-22, 6:16 PM #34
[QUOTE=Michael MacFarlane]That depends on whether it's before you go to sleep, or after you wake up.

I shower every morning, and again at night if I've done something to get sweaty or dirty.[/QUOTE]

That's a good habit. College has made me realize it's not that important if you don't shower everyday. Laziness has hit an all time low for me and Sugarless (I'm sure she won't admit it!!).

Well normally I shower then as a break from studying/video games when it's the most quite in my hall. Again the insomniac thing...

Boku wa kimi no okazu
2006-04-22, 6:29 PM #35
I shower whenever I:

a) feel dirty and like I need a shower
b) am going to be around someone who I actually care if they think im smelly
c) ummm, there is no c.... DO A BARREL ROLL.

and I usually "feel dirty" every other day, and usually shower at night time.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-04-22, 7:18 PM #36
At night because I like to be clean when I go to bed. Sometimes I take more than one shower a day, depending on what I'm doing.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-22, 7:34 PM #37
I take a regular shower at night, because I don't like going to bed all dirty and crap. Then in the morning, I take a shorter shower just to wash my face and shampoo.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-04-22, 8:34 PM #38
Morning. I can't stand getting up and going to school all oily and scruffy. I must be clean. I MUST BE CLEAN.
2006-04-22, 8:48 PM #39
I take it in the morning if I have time. It helps me wake up. If I don't have the time (like when I wake up too late), I just rinse my hair in the sink and pray my deordorant is strong enough to cover up any ordor I might have. Sometimes I'll take a shower at night though If I feel like it.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-04-22, 8:54 PM #40
I shower yearly.

And when I shower, I shower...IN THE NUDE. Is this odd?

haha...I'm such a kidder...note the sarcasm in my prior statement about showering in the nude. Everyone knows you shower with your most expensive 3 piece suit on.
I had a blog. It sucked.

↑ Up to the top!