Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ok, can't take it anymore....
Ok, can't take it anymore....
2006-04-22, 8:56 PM #1
I made the mistake of watching Jurassic park III on TNT tonight, and I just can't take how horrible the ending to the movie is. It's so incredibly awful, that I can't think a of a movie with a worse finish. Can you?
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-04-22, 8:58 PM #2
How did it end? I don't even remember. Must have been so bad that I repressed the memory.
Stuff
2006-04-22, 8:59 PM #3
hal- oh wait, movie
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-04-22, 8:59 PM #4
Haha, that ending was so hilarious. It seemed like the middle of the movie, and suddenly they just burst out onto the beach and then the marines were there and the guy who got killed by birdosaurs was there and still alive and everyone left .
2006-04-22, 11:15 PM #5
I've never seen more than a couple of minutes of the movie.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-22, 11:39 PM #6
I'm afraid Star Wars is one of the only trilogies in which all three movies rock.

I'm talking about the original movies, of course. :p
2006-04-22, 11:46 PM #7
Originally posted by Delphian:
I'm afraid Star Wars is one of the only trilogies in which all three movies rock.

ANH
2006-04-22, 11:51 PM #8
Movie with a bad ending? The Matrix Revolutions.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-04-23, 12:16 AM #9
OPEN WATER
Moo.
2006-04-23, 12:28 AM #10
Come on - Matrix Revolutions had an awesome ending. There is no way the humans could have survived without compromise!
2006-04-23, 12:40 AM #11
Even the original Matrix had a stupid ending. The superman flying into the sky part should have been edited away. Even if it served the later episodes. But if you don't care that much for later episodes, removing the flying from the first would have made it perfect.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-04-23, 12:49 AM #12
I think nothing beats the bad ending to the movie A.I.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-23, 12:58 AM #13
Originally posted by Jon`C:
ANH

What's your point? ANH carries the trilogy.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-23, 3:00 AM #14
Originally posted by Delphian:

The Terminator trilogy is great still - I know the 3rd wasn't quite up to the standard of the other two, but it's still great (and the ending is actually surprisingly good).
2006-04-23, 6:13 AM #15
We have a word for the ending to Jurassic Park III

...Corny
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-04-23, 6:22 AM #16
*hollow cell phone tune*

Ruuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-23, 7:00 AM #17
Originally posted by Echoman:
I think nothing beats the bad ending to the movie A.I.

Oh God, that movie was horrid.
2006-04-23, 7:03 AM #18
Originally posted by Martyn:
The Terminator trilogy is great still - I know the 3rd wasn't quite up to the standard of the other two, but it's still great (and the ending is actually surprisingly good).

Oh, I agree.

As for bad endings, Knights of the Old Republic 2. But that's not a movie /_\
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-23, 7:22 AM #19
Or every third level of Super Mario Bros.

Oh Daisy!

Oh Mario!

*Daisy turns into something evil and hops away*
2006-04-23, 7:23 AM #20
I always thought the ending to Gangs of New Work was aweful. The movie was outstanding until the end. It fit historical facts, but it unrolled too fast and we didn't get to see Amsterdam and Bill go at it much. Smoke bit was cool though.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-23, 8:35 AM #21
Originally posted by Martyn:

I loved the first one to no end, the second one was good (but not as good as the first for me, contrary to what most people's preference), and the 3rd one was fairly poop from what I remember, but still better than the average sequel that has come out in the last 5 years.

It's kind of funny though, if you think about it, because they could just keep making sequels and saying "oh well, they killed the last terminator, so we're just going to send another one back in time, and keep delaying the end of the world for a few years - 2003, 2008, 2013, etc." :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-04-23, 8:46 AM #22
Originally posted by Jepman:
I always thought the ending to Gangs of New Work was aweful. The movie was outstanding until the end. It fit historical facts, but it unrolled too fast and we didn't get to see Amsterdam and Bill go at it much. Smoke bit was cool though.

Indeed, I have the same problem with that film.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-04-23, 10:40 AM #23
Originally posted by Jepman:

Yeah, same here
2006-04-23, 11:04 AM #24
i thought the ending was good.

kinda like "**** your gangs, its a load of petty crap, we're in charge"
2006-04-23, 1:46 PM #25
Planet of the Apes (2001)
2006-04-23, 2:04 PM #26
I thought this was a suicide thread and when I saw Jurassic Park III I feared the worst.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-04-23, 4:47 PM #27
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
I loved the first one to no end, the second one was good (but not as good as the first for me, contrary to what most people's preference), and the 3rd one was fairly poop from what I remember, but still better than the average sequel that has come out in the last 5 years.

It's kind of funny though, if you think about it, because they could just keep making sequels and saying "oh well, they killed the last terminator, so we're just going to send another one back in time, and keep delaying the end of the world for a few years - 2003, 2008, 2013, etc." :p

except T3 actually had the whole end of the world thing happen... the only way to make a sequel is to show the actual war
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-04-23, 6:34 PM #28
Planet of the Apes (original)
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-04-23, 7:34 PM #29
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
except T3 actually had the whole end of the world thing happen... the only way to make a sequel is to show the actual war

Oh, yeah, I suppose it did. I forgot about that. :o
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-04-23, 7:44 PM #30
I thought T3 was really good. The storyline was awesome. Tx was stupid. Not the same film James Cameron would have made, but I'm not sure if I would have liked it as much if it had been James Cameron shooting it.
>>untie shoes
2006-04-23, 7:45 PM #31
Originally posted by genk:
hal- oh wait, movie

If you were going to say Halo, or Halo 2, if you really wanted to get technical... halo is a continuing series... its like Lord of the Rings... You can't say that The Two Towers had a bad ending because it isn't supposed to be an ending.
(But yes, the end of Halo 2 is annoying, you don't find out what happens...)
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-04-23, 7:49 PM #32
halo ending - oh look, the ring is blown up, wooh
halo2 ending - I wonder how Johnson's getting out of it this time...
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!