Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Which game controller?
Which game controller?
2006-04-23, 7:12 AM #1
I want to be able to play some PS2 game ports on my PC (specifically: MGS2, Onimusha3), and trying to do so with keyboard and mouse is quite a *****. Which controller would you recommend?

A dual-analog one I saw at a store yestereday looked pretty good, and it costs under $25, too.

There were a few Logitech ones as well, but those seemed much more expensive.
幻術
2006-04-23, 7:22 AM #2
I have a Wingman Cordless and I love the thing.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-23, 7:23 AM #3
i'd just get a ps2 one and a converter
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-04-23, 7:51 AM #4
Logitech has a bunch of PS2 gamepad clones to look at:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/productlist/US/EN,crid=2216,categoryid=429
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-04-23, 8:07 AM #5
Originally posted by Detty:
i'd just get a ps2 one and a converter

That's exactly what I did. I love the PS2 controller.
2006-04-23, 8:20 AM #6
I never heard of a converter before. Never saw one on sale anywhere around here, either. Do they sell those things in hardware shops?
幻術
2006-04-23, 8:23 AM #7
An adapter might be a better description. Something like this, except I'm assuming you'll need to find a US site that sells them.
2006-04-23, 8:25 AM #8
they usually sell shedloads of those adaptors on ebay
2006-04-23, 11:09 AM #9
The Xbox360 controller for Windows IMO is perfect. I can use it all day and my hands won't get tired. Plus the build quality is amazing. A bit expensive, but its a awesome controller.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-04-23, 11:16 AM #10
I plug my Xbox controller in. I have a PS2 shaped controller for my pc, but it's really flimsy. I love the Xbox controller S. It even has rumble in games that support. (i.e. N64 roms)
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-04-23, 12:10 PM #11
Originally posted by Koobie:
I never heard of a converter before. Never saw one on sale anywhere around here, either. Do they sell those things in hardware shops?

They're all over the place on the intarweb.

http://www.lik-sang.com/comparison.php?item_grp_id=2

There's a nice comparison on the Lik-sang import site.

↑ Up to the top!