Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → More fun with fire! (this time with flaming arrows)
More fun with fire! (this time with flaming arrows)
2006-04-23, 4:31 PM #1
Flaming arrows + butane filled balloons = PWN. Fire is so fun. I need bigger balloons though. Water baloons are way to small, and the fireball is so tiny. >.> I have another video where the arrow actually hits the balloons, but google hasnt verified it yet. I'll post it in the thread later.

o.0
2006-04-23, 4:35 PM #2
Be sure to post the video of that building burning down later on. ;)
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-04-23, 4:40 PM #3
Yes, I need a better thing to shoot at. Perhaps placing the chunk of plywood in the middle of my yard would work better>.>

o.0
2006-04-23, 5:24 PM #4
Heh, you couldn't hit 'em from 5 feet. :)
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-04-23, 6:07 PM #5
The arrows were dull, and bounced off. Needed a direct hit to a balloon to get them to pop, and the video was one of the last rounds. We were tired of retrying, so the arrow became a torch>.> The other video that still isnt verified shows a direct balloon hit, and the fireball thereafter.

o.0
2006-04-23, 6:23 PM #6
You should have filled the balloons with hydrogen.

Also, I seem to recall them blowing up gasoline cans with flaming arrows in that crappy Dukes of Hazzard movie.
Stuff
2006-04-23, 6:24 PM #7
Originally posted by kyle90:
You should have filled the balloons with hydrogen.

Also, I seem to recall them blowing up gasoline cans with flaming arrows in that crappy Dukes of Hazzard movie.

Dude, that movie rocked.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-23, 7:22 PM #8
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Dude, that movie rocked.

C'mon Zloc, we all know you were looking at Jessica Simpson's breasts :p

Anyways, I agree with Kyle, hydrogen can really get the job done.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-04-23, 7:53 PM #9
Originally posted by petmc20:
C'mon Zloc, we all know you were looking at Jessica Simpson's breasts :p

Man...I can't help it I'm going through puberty! I can't control these things!

I DID like the movie though, but being 13, explosions, fast car chases, and Jessica Simpson appeal to me. The whole redneck/southern setting didn't hurt, either.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-23, 7:55 PM #10
Originally posted by petmc20:
Anyways, I agree with Kyle, hydrogen can really get the job done.

We did that in chemistry! Aparently, back in the old days, they filled a huge balloon with hydrogen and went around the corner where there are no windows...

My chem teacher called it a recreation of the hindenburg...
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-04-23, 8:06 PM #11
The great thing about hydrogen ballons, of course, is that they float. Even better than helium, actually. So lots of fun can by had by tying a string to them, soaking the string in alcohol, lighting it, and then letting the balloon go.

I don't recommend doing this indoors, however.
Stuff
2006-04-23, 8:20 PM #12
Serously, is there anything you haven't done yet in the field of chemistry, kyle90?
DO NOT WANT.
2006-04-23, 8:34 PM #13
I dont know where to get hydrogen:< The floating balloon thing with a flaming arrow that actually was sharp would be pretty awesome.

o.0
2006-04-23, 8:35 PM #14
Well I've been wanting to move into nuclear chemistry for some time now, but those damn government regulations make it so hard to get useful quantities of radioactive stuff. I might just end up having to buy a whole bunch of smoke detectors and gas lantern bags.

EDIT: @ Greenboy: I don't think you can buy hydrogen anywhere like you can with helium, but it's pretty easy to produce by reacting hydrochloric acid with certain types of metals (can't remember which ones work right now, but I think simple stuff like iron will do). The metal combines with the chlorine and displaces the hydrogen which comes out as gas. You can buy hydrochloric acid at harware stores; it's usually labeled "muriatic acid".
Stuff
2006-04-24, 9:29 AM #15
All you need to get hydrogen is water and electricity. :p
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-24, 10:00 AM #16
Well sure, if you wanna take three days filling up a balloon.
Stuff
2006-04-24, 11:03 PM #17
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7893894637397054798

Google finally accepted that video. Pwnage. The flaming arrow actually hits in this one, it was one of the first ones we did though, thus the "oh crap". Yeah.. Fun stuff. Its too bad we didnt have sharp arrows though, so they wouldnt bounce off:<

o.0

↑ Up to the top!