Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A funny game
A funny game
2006-04-27, 1:40 PM #1
The rules are simple. Type something. A sentence or two works. Alternatively, you may select a random post from a different thread. After you've got something, use a thesaurus to make it sound as pretentious as possible. There are some good online thesauruses such as http://thesaurus.reference.com/ and http://www.m-w.com/.

Here are some tips: don't mess with idioms and cliches because you'll lose the original meaning of the statement. Stay away from Jon`C's stuff. I doubt you'll be able to make any significant changes to it. Finally, thesauruses can't read your minds. While they will provide you with potential candidates, many of them will not work in your sentences. Your sentences must be coherent, even if you don't know what all the words in them mean. A dictionary is helpful for determining if a word choice makes sense. Don't trust your thesauruses blindly.

Here's an example.

I dont think you understand the seriousness of the situation. Your nuts would be gone. That would mean no future little Yoshi's running around...

becomes

I surmise you don't fathom the solemnity of the status quo. Your gonads would be defunct. That would connote an absense of forthcoming junior Yoshis scampering about.

:D
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-27, 1:43 PM #2
Can the above give a sentence for the below poster to change it? It seems more interesting that way.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-27, 1:44 PM #3
Sure. That sounds good.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-27, 1:45 PM #4
Maybe I'll start:

The dog was running down the street really excited and hit his head on a milk truck.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-27, 1:54 PM #5
The canine was skedaddling down the thoroughfare unquestionably enthusiastically and walloped his cranium on a milk buggy.

I had the best experience of my life when I was a young kid. I went to an amusement park in another state. I was so excited the night before, I couldn't sleep.
2006-04-27, 3:26 PM #6
You create a vacuum.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-04-27, 5:08 PM #7
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I had the best experience of my life when I was a young kid. I went to an amusement park in another state. I was so excited the night before, I couldn't sleep.

"When I was but a small child I experienced the most elation I have ever had the privilege of enduring. I journeyed to a park meant for the amusements of all peoples, in a yonder faraway state. My excitement was so overwhelming that for a full twenty four hours before the trip I could not seem to get an ounce of rest."
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton

↑ Up to the top!