Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → JK lightsaber
JK lightsaber
2006-04-27, 10:19 PM #1
I just played through Jedi Knight on Hard using nothing but the saber (except for shooting exploding stuff which I used the st rifle, and killing the AT-ST's which I used the Rail det). I started at level one and used the all weapons cheat, then switched to the saber and used it the whole time.

It was rather difficult at parts, especially before I got force pull. However, one thing I noticed is that the bosses were EASY. I mean super easy. I killed every boss without dying a single time (except Jerec. With Jerec I died about 4 or 5 times). I thought about it and realized that since I've been playing a lot on the internet with sabers, I got used to playing against fast moving opponents who jumped a lot. The bosses, though they had more health, didn't move that fast and rarely jumped (except Boc who jumped so much that it was predictable).

Anyway, regale me with your JK tales, and everyone dust off your JK and play through the single player with just the saber (at the very beginning type "red5" into the console to get all the weapons, then switch to the saber to advance. now that you have all those weapons you're on your honor to not use them. :p)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-04-27, 10:24 PM #2
hmmmm... I'll have to try that.

I once played through JK while drinking. I was practically drunk for most of it -- I remember that I died a lot, mostly stupid stuff like falling. :p
2006-04-27, 10:58 PM #3
yeh, I think falling would be my main problem if I was drunk. There's lots of spots to fall from.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-04-28, 1:59 AM #4
ok i'm gonna regret saying this but....

I went through the game dressed as the dark emperor.

I used the cheat to have maxiumum lightning and other powers of darkness, and... I put a dark blanket over my head like the emperor had :( I outstretched my hands when i used lightning. :(

I'm not proud of what i did.

Oh yeh, i should also mention i was 17 when I did this

/me kills himself :p
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-04-28, 3:02 AM #5
I think the best fun with JK that I could ever recall was using the Concussion rifle and developed this bad habit of killing myself with it. Daft to be honest. Also it was funny when Force Pull used to weapons from stormtoopers and they run around saying 'get back to your posts'.

The other point to make about JK is that Jerec was a difficult enemy for the last level, and this means you have adopt a way of preventing him from healing himself. At lest he put up a fight not like the Alora's, Desann's and Tavion's of JO and JA. With those games it less exciting and not kind of adrealine rush when playing JK. I have to try going through the game using the lightsaber, but I'll do with Shadow X's SBX Saber Mod (great fun ahead) :)
2006-04-28, 4:15 AM #6
Yeah, going through the game on hard can be tough.

I remember the first time I had bought JK and played through the game.

The first time I ever saw a kell dragon, I was like "ooohhhh s***"

But the level I absolutley HATED was the valley of the jedi level where you fight about 4 kells in the dark and can't see anything, even with the fieldlight.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-04-28, 6:17 AM #7
I'm definitely going to go through the entire JK with just saber. It seems so ... 1337. If you can take down a guy with a range weapon with close combat, you got the skills.

I have never beat JK without cheats, thus another reason to play through the awesome MP again.
2006-04-28, 6:21 AM #8
bah, i beat jk on hard several times, i'm awesome.
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-04-28, 6:45 AM #9
Originally posted by Ruthven:

"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-04-28, 7:53 AM #10
Originally posted by petmc20:

But the level I absolutley HATED was the valley of the jedi level where you fight about 4 kells in the dark and can't see anything, even with the fieldlight.

Force Seeing ftw.
2006-04-28, 7:53 AM #11
Originally posted by Ruthven:

W00t, this means I'm awesome, too!

The 4 kells were hard for the first time. But once you realize the truth, that there is no sp... I mean, that they are really slow, they're a piece of cake.
And I love cake.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-04-28, 8:02 AM #12
I hated Boc just jumping around like a damn rabbit.

I beat JK on hard with no cheats or anything when I was like 12, so I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to do again! Also beat MotS on hard, and that was a lot more challenging IMO - especially the last level.

Those were the times... :(
2006-04-28, 8:42 AM #13
Originally posted by Gondaggle:
The other point to make about JK is that Jerec was a difficult enemy for the last level, and this means you have adopt a way of preventing him from healing himself. At lest he put up a fight not like the Alora's, Desann's and Tavion's of JO and JA. With those games it less exciting and not kind of adrealine rush when playing JK.

I thought the saber battles in JO/JA were much more dynamic and exciting than in JK. :/
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-28, 8:54 AM #14
Originally posted by Echoman:
I thought the saber battles in JO/JA were much more dynamic and exciting than in JK. :/

Think about applying the game technology used in JO/JA to the battles in JK and the experience will definitely be more comparable.
2006-04-28, 9:08 AM #15
It's quite fun to play JK through with SBX. Unfortunately it modifies other weapons like the bowcaster and concussion rifle, so it doesn't let you play with the story properly. It's still tons of fun, however.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-04-28, 11:27 AM #16
The first time I played, I killed Boc using nothing but the rail detonator, just cause he was pissing me off.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-04-28, 11:33 AM #17
Have you guys ever watched the JK speed run? That dude killed all the dark jedi instantaneously with mines.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-28, 11:42 AM #18
hmm. I gotta try that some time...

2006-04-28, 12:06 PM #19
It's nice that the JK website actually starts talking about JK. :)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-04-28, 12:08 PM #20
so anyway.... girls.
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-04-28, 12:09 PM #21
have boobily things.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-04-28, 12:13 PM #22
I decided that I'll play through DF, JK, MotS, JO and JA probably when some high-res pack for JK gets released. Perhaps earlier, but at least then.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-28, 2:58 PM #23
You had to use a Rail Det for the AT-STs? They're mad easy to take down with the saber.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-04-28, 4:41 PM #24
I just beat JK for the first time a few weeks ago, haven't really played MotS though. It's harder, IMO. Second level, that big wide open area right near the start, that's hard.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-28, 4:46 PM #25
Originally posted by Acharjay:
You had to use a Rail Det for the AT-STs? They're mad easy to take down with the saber.

You can kill them with a saber? Didn't even know that.. Can you just swing at their legs?

Now I'm gonna create a dflt box with a couple AT-ST's and kill em with the saber. :D

2006-04-28, 4:47 PM #26
Originally posted by Echoman:

I agree 100%

I was relaxed and not too nervous the first time I fought Jerec.

By the time I finally killed Desann in JO on Master difficulty, I was sweating.

JO was the FIRST GAME EVER to make me sweat.

JO and JA feel more like the movies and get your heart pumping more than JK.

In terms of the big duels anyway, I can't really say about the rest of the gameplay
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-04-28, 6:01 PM #27
JK's a lot of fun.
I remember the first time I ever heard about it.
I had just gotten... what was it... Racer. Yeah. I had just gotten Star Wars Racer, and my computer wasn't up to playing it. No 3d card, you know. Hated that.
Well, I spent a lot of time reading the manuals and everything that came with it, and, if you remember, back in those days Lucasarts put those big, fat, catalogues filled with all their games in every box so you could see what else they had. Oh man, they had some cool looking stuff. Anyways, I was reading through this catalogue, and the one title that just screamed "Buy Me" was Jedi Knight because it promised something that I had just never seen: a full Force User experience, you know? And I just knew that I had to have it.
So, a year goes by, I finally got a new video card, and I was enjoying Racer (for, like, a week) and my Birthday comes around and I ask my grandma for Star Wars, Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight. And she gets it! and by this time the game had been out of print for, like, 3 years or something, I dunno. I dunno where she got it...
And I played it and it was just so much damn fun...

-Dammit, I'm gonna re-install that mother****er.
2006-04-28, 6:36 PM #28
Haha, awesome. I actually always finish the game on hard, with saber only. Without cheats, but with only the lightsaber from the moment you get it in game. I only used guns the first time I played the SP campaign. Same for MotS. I like playing JK Co-op with SBX on. Only disadvantage is that battling the dark Jedi in SP is extremely glitchy with SBX on. Some kind of conflict in the sabers and Force system... so yeah, I skip those levels in that case.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-04-28, 8:42 PM #29
I played JK...

IN 1999.
2006-04-29, 3:20 PM #30
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
I just beat JK for the first time a few weeks ago, haven't really played MotS though. It's harder, IMO. Second level, that big wide open area right near the start, that's hard.

Get the scope and shoot the turrets with it. 2 hit kill.
2006-04-29, 11:47 PM #31
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Have you guys ever watched the JK speed run? That dude killed all the dark jedi instantaneously with mines.

I've got that on my harddrive. In fact, I watched it just the other day. Pretty insane. The guy beat the whole game in 30 minutes, and killed Sariss, Boc, and Jerec with mines in a single blast! :eek:
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-04-30, 12:20 AM #32
I'm guessing they die not from the mine blasts, but from hitting the wall at 90,125,582 miles per hour. :p
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-30, 12:33 AM #33
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I'm guessing they die not from the mine blasts, but from hitting the wall at 90,125,582 miles per hour. :p

Correction, TNT has a power of 2,250,000 lbs per square inch. they would be going alot faster.

↑ Up to the top!