Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New evidence for creationism: the banana!
New evidence for creationism: the banana!
2006-04-28, 11:27 PM #1
BEHOLD!

Warning: thatvideosite.com contains nsfw videos. However, if you don't go looking for them, you won't find any.
一个大西瓜
2006-04-28, 11:32 PM #2
I cannot believe in a God that would create the banana. It is a disgusting fruit and the work of Satan.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-04-28, 11:34 PM #3
Aww, but the banana likes you.
The banana wants to be eaten.
See? the banana is crying because you said that.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-04-28, 11:37 PM #4
GOD MADE PIGS DELICIOUS!
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-28, 11:56 PM #5
I don't get it. Because a banana fits in the human hand comfortably, it was divinely created?

The banana trees evolved that way so monkeys would eat it and spread the seeds in their poopie.

PS: Kirk Cameron is hot.
2006-04-29, 12:06 AM #6
:confused:
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-04-29, 12:28 AM #7
Damn, Kirk Cameron got old.
2006-04-29, 12:29 AM #8
What was funny was that they supported evolution more than creationism.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2006-04-29, 1:29 AM #9
God created the banana in his own image.
2006-04-29, 2:52 AM #10
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]I don't get it. Because a banana fits in the human hand comfortably, it was divinely created?[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me, like this is the final clinching proof of the nonexistence of God.
The argument goes something like this:

'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing.'

'But,' said man, 'the banana is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't, q.e.d.'

'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that.' And promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-04-29, 6:25 AM #11
I need to find the radio series of that again...
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-04-29, 7:18 AM #12
This video proves bananas have teeth.

http://www.rathergood.com/bananas/
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-29, 7:55 AM #13
Originally posted by Impi:
Sounds to me, like this is the final clinching proof of the nonexistence of God.
The argument goes something like this:

'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing.'

'But,' said man, 'the banana is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't, q.e.d.'

'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that.' And promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

BUT!

"That was an easy one" said man, and for an encore went to prove that black is white and was promptly killed at the next zebra crossing.
Seishun da!
2006-04-29, 9:50 AM #14
And God said unto ye:

"Thy proof is in yonder pudding."
-Hell Raiser
2006-04-29, 11:07 AM #15
Also, by his logic, I'm supposed to grab other men's penises.
2006-04-29, 11:12 AM #16
Or your own. :p
-Hell Raiser
2006-04-29, 12:49 PM #17
why don't nanners have bones?
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2006-04-29, 1:43 PM #18
It's funny because humans and bananas are, according to DNA, 80 some percent the same. Creationists are cute.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-29, 3:43 PM #19
God knows Mary Ann is sterile.
2006-04-29, 3:56 PM #20
Originally posted by Reid:

I think I'm the only one who didn't laugh at that video...
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-29, 4:08 PM #21
Originally posted by JediKirby:
It's funny because humans and bananas are, according to DNA, 80 some percent the same. Creationists are cute.

Dogs and Humans, 98%+ I believe. That's so hardcore :D.
2006-04-29, 4:56 PM #22
No no and no. They have just completed mapping the entire human genome within the last few years, they have not done so with anything else. No one can yet say "human genomes are whatever% similar to whatever" because they're compairing a very small amount of genomes of that other organism to a very small percentage of human genomes.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-29, 8:19 PM #23
Actually, they have done so, I know they've done it with some fly species, and either did it, or are doing it with mice. Just because it doesn't make headlines doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
Council of 14
2006-04-29, 8:24 PM #24
Originally posted by KyleKatarn7:
Actually, they have done so, I know they've done it with some fly species, and either did it, or are doing it with mice. Just because it doesn't make headlines doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Ok, they've done it with a bug, and are getting close to doing so with mice, not with dogs or primates. So, unless you're going to compair how similar we are to a fly, I don't want to hear the "statistics."
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-29, 8:29 PM #25
Originally posted by TwistedSoul:
why don't nanners have bones?

A banana become a bone? Now, that's just silly.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-29, 8:48 PM #26
No, this is silly.
2006-04-29, 9:04 PM #27
:cool:
Attachment: 11594/bananas.jpg (98,799 bytes)
2006-04-29, 9:26 PM #28
Originally posted by Reid:

That line alone makes me laugh hystarically. I loved that video. I think I'll go watch it now, in fact. Perfect comedic timing.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-29, 10:29 PM #29
Oh thank you. I was completely unaware of what a genome is, how can I thank you for educating me as to what the biological definition of a genome is?!...

And no, you're missing my point. Too many people throw around these figures of "humans are whatever% similar to whatever genetically, isn't that kewl?!" when those figures come from results from around 100 genomes from one organism compaired to a very small percent from human genomes. Yay, they've mapped lab animals. They've mapped them in the last 2 years. And yet, I've never ever seen a conclusive report after these mappings as to how "similar" we are to such-and-such creature. It's because, biologists realize that far more than just matching GCAT sequences are grounds for determining how "similar" we are to an ear of corn. It's what those genes do for that specific organsim or its close relatives that's important. But no, seriously, please, continue to educate me as to what genes are and whatnot, I swear, I have no idea what you're talking about...
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-30, 5:44 AM #30
Originally posted by Roach:
No no and no. They have just completed mapping the entire human genome within the last few years, they have not done so with anything else. No one can yet say "human genomes are whatever% similar to whatever" because they're compairing a very small amount of genomes of that other organism to a very small percentage of human genomes.

I'm pretty sure they've mapped a few organisms already. You don't just plunge into the deep end and map the human genome first, you start with things like prokaryotes or even viruses and then move on to simple multi-celled organisms. I know they've mapped at least one bacterium, a yeast, the fruit fly, a nematode worm and the common house mouse (which to my knowledge was completed just before the human genome project). More recently they mapped the SARS virus or at least a similar form of virus. Most of these animals are being sequenced because of their laboratory use. I'm pretty sure the zebrafish is next on the list if it isn't underway already.
2006-04-30, 2:45 PM #31
Right, and how many of those have they finished the mapping and came out and said "Look at how similar we are to these organism!"?
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-30, 3:25 PM #32
Banana Waffles

Ingredients:

* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 3 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 pinch ground nutmeg
* 1 cup 1% milk
* 1 egg
* 2 ripe bananas, sliced

Directions:

1. Preheat waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in milk and eggs until mixture is smooth.

2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour two tablespoons of the waffle batter onto the hot waffle iron. Place two slices of banana on top of the batter and then spoon another two tablespoons of batter on top of the banana. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
2006-04-30, 3:34 PM #33
Originally posted by Roach:
Right, and how many of those have they finished the mapping and came out and said "Look at how similar we are to these organism!"?

Okay, maybe I was just being a bit anal. I don't think you can actually measure the differences between species by some strange percentage. I just found it strange to hear you say that the only species to have been sequenced was the human being when there have been several of them, three of which I knew off the top of my head.
2006-04-30, 3:45 PM #34
Right, I probably should have researched exactly what they had mapped. I was just trying to say that there's no basis for the "humans are 97% similar to raccoons!" kind of comments. That said, even if in the future they discover that bananas' genomes share a 68% sequence similarity to that of humans', that one would have to take into account that combinations of genes do different tasks in different species, which would make the similarity mostly meaningless.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-30, 4:01 PM #35
Clearly since it hasnt been posted yet, it needs to be:

[http://www.funfilesandsmiles.com/smilies/133.gif]
Creationism!
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."

↑ Up to the top!