Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mexico, not just for underage drinking anymore...
Mexico, not just for underage drinking anymore...
2006-04-29, 9:46 AM #1
Pretty soon, if you're in Mexico, you'll be allowed to possess 'small quantities of marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine and even heroin for personal use'

How fun. O_o

Maybe that'll keep some of the illegal aliens there. :em321:

They say it's to help law enforcement to concentrate on the bigger busts. Maybe they should do that in the US?
-Hell Raiser
2006-04-29, 10:18 AM #2
I'm actually curious what would happen if all drug laws were repealed.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-04-29, 10:28 AM #3
Nothing would get done and society would slip into a big puff of smoke. :p

Or utopia....
-Hell Raiser
2006-04-29, 10:31 AM #4
Originally posted by JediGandalf:

Everyone would die of meth overdoses, except for a few religious cults that would then rule the world and kill any of the survivors.
2006-04-29, 10:38 AM #5
This isn't going to do anything much, unfortunately. You're allowed to carry a bit of marijuana here in India, but anyone who does carry some always carries more than that and still get busted.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-04-29, 10:40 AM #6
No, more likely, all the illegal aliens will continue to come to the US, while all the Americans will begin to migrate to Mexico. :rolleyes:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-04-29, 10:46 AM #7
Mexico: Vacancy, drugs ok. =S
-Hell Raiser
2006-04-29, 11:15 AM #8
Originally posted by SMOCK!:
This isn't going to do anything much, unfortunately. You're allowed to carry a bit of marijuana here in India, but anyone who does carry some always carries more than that and still get busted.

Doesn't that have something to do with letting saddhus (i think that's the name for them) smoke the stuff for their meditation?
2006-04-29, 12:20 PM #9
This won't change anything.
2006-04-29, 2:18 PM #10
There will be no posts about SF_Gold in here. At all.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-04-29, 5:27 PM #11
Finally... 10% of what I do daily is actually going to be ok with the law now. Not that we needed it to be ok with the law before.

Originally posted by Yecti:
There will be no posts about SF_Gold in here. At all.

O rIlY?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-04-29, 5:31 PM #12
Word to silly Mexican boy, I said ABOUT you. Not from you.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-04-29, 5:35 PM #13
A self-unfilling prophecy?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-04-29, 5:37 PM #14
Well I no longer have to give out tips to the cops.
2006-04-29, 5:39 PM #15
Attachment: 11592/untitled.JPG (19,044 bytes)
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-04-29, 6:14 PM #16
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:

Your waiters are cops?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-04-29, 6:15 PM #17
Originally posted by Wolfy:
Your waiters are cops?

mexicans have cash?
2006-04-29, 6:26 PM #18
Originally posted by Wolfy:
Your waiters are cops?

Mexico can afford cops?
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-04-29, 6:42 PM #19

Bribes? Or are you an informant? :confused: :p
Pissed Off?
2006-04-29, 6:58 PM #20
OMG, VENGY, DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO YETTI?!
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-29, 7:46 PM #21
Originally posted by Avenger:
Bribes? Or are you an informant? :confused: :p

BRIBES! I mean't bribes, I just forgot the word... and thats where I pour all my money into.
2006-04-29, 8:51 PM #22
Yecti.....:(
2006-04-29, 10:16 PM #23
Agreed...he sets himself up for such responses...
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-29, 10:25 PM #24
Originally posted by KnightRider2000:
Mexico can afford cops?

they are the cheap rent-a-cops that you see outside of malls roving in their uber-1337 "security" trucks
yay for not posting much ever
2006-04-29, 11:24 PM #25
Originally posted by Roach:
OMG, VENGY, DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO YETTI?!

Yecti made the first post about SF_Gold. So... :p
2006-04-30, 12:27 AM #26
Originally posted by JediGandalf:

We'd be swimming in money. Drug use would decline. We would lose a sizable chunk of bureaucratic overhead involved in the enforcement, litigation, and incarceration of drug offenders.

Basically, it would solve a lot of problems.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-30, 12:28 AM #27
No I didn't... You've got admin login, read the deleted posts silly head!! :p
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-04-30, 3:00 AM #28
Originally posted by Freelancer:
We'd be swimming in money. Drug use would decline. We would lose a sizable chunk of bureaucratic overhead involved in the enforcement, litigation, and incarceration of drug offenders.

Basically, it would solve a lot of problems.

And then there's the (possible) rampant spread of use which, after 20 or so years, takes our nation into a nosedive because all people want to do is get ****ed up from different drugs.

And it IS a possibility. The fact that it's a possibility is the very reason why legislators never really consider legalization--they're not really trying to stop drug use (at least not as actively or forcefully as they'd have you think), they're just trying to keep people from thinking it's okay to use drugs.
D E A T H
2006-05-01, 11:08 AM #29
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]And then there's the (possible) rampant spread of use which, after 20 or so years, takes our nation into a nosedive because all people want to do is get ****ed up from different drugs.

And it IS a possibility. The fact that it's a possibility is the very reason why legislators never really consider legalization--they're not really trying to stop drug use (at least not as actively or forcefully as they'd have you think), they're just trying to keep people from thinking it's okay to use drugs.[/QUOTE]

Opium Wars, Redux!
2006-05-01, 11:11 AM #30
[QUOTE=Hell Raiser]Pretty soon, if you're in Mexico, you'll be allowed to possess 'small quantities of marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine and even heroin for personal use'[/QUOTE]

Psh. You could just go to Denver.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-05-01, 11:21 AM #31
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Everyone would die of meth overdoses, except for a few religious cults that would then rule the world and kill any of the survivors.

Yes, because everyone is currently dying from alcohol poisoning.

The suggestion that legalising drugs would suddenly turn the entire planet into drug addicts is ridiculous.

(This was actually aimed more at DJ Yoshi, it's just that your post was easier to reply to)
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-05-01, 12:26 PM #32
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]And then there's the (possible) rampant spread of use which, after 20 or so years, takes our nation into a nosedive because all people want to do is get ****ed up from different drugs.

And it IS a possibility. The fact that it's a possibility is the very reason why legislators never really consider legalization--they're not really trying to stop drug use (at least not as actively or forcefully as they'd have you think), they're just trying to keep people from thinking it's okay to use drugs.[/QUOTE]

That's highly unlikely. Real world case studies show a clear trend of 'overdose taboo' when restrictions are lifted.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-05-01, 12:48 PM #33
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Everyone would die of meth overdoses, except for a few religious cults that would then rule the world and kill any of the survivors.

Meth is crap.

I'd just end up going to work smoking a blunt is all that would change for me.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-05-01, 1:28 PM #34
Originally posted by maevie:
Yes, because everyone is currently dying from alcohol poisoning.

The suggestion that legalising drugs would suddenly turn the entire planet into drug addicts is ridiculous.

(This was actually aimed more at DJ Yoshi, it's just that your post was easier to reply to)

Except alcohol is actually fairly hard to get addicted to. Meth, Cocaine, Heroin, Crack, Benzodiazepine, Opiates, and other Amphetamines aren't.

Truth is, there'll never be any conclusive evidence one way or the other as to the effect legalization will have. You guys can speculate all you want, take your 20 person test groups and flaunt the results all you want, but when 300 million lives hang in the balance, the results will be just a BIT different than that of even a 100 or 1000 person test group.
D E A T H
2006-05-01, 1:38 PM #35
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Truth is, there'll never be any conclusive evidence one way or the other as to the effect legalization will have.[/QUOTE]

I would call looking at Mexico in 5 or 10 years conclusive evidence.
2006-05-01, 2:05 PM #36
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I would call looking at Mexico in 5 or 10 years conclusive evidence.

Not really. It's a collapsed economy with a very ineffective, unstable government, full of people looking for a way out. The situation there is NOTHING like the situation in the states.
D E A T H
2006-05-01, 2:12 PM #37
Finally... 10% of what I do daily is actually going to be ok with the law now.
Sinner.
2006-05-01, 2:25 PM #38
Something similar should be passed in America, it's quite ridicilous that some go to jail for longer for drugs than murderes.

I heard (it's probably false but..) that 80% of prisioners are in jail for drugs.

Got to love the "War on Drugs"
2006-05-01, 2:37 PM #39
Here is my stand point and view on drugs:
-You should not force or convince some one into taking drugs
-You should not abuse drugs
-I believe people should try to evade taking drugs if not medicaly prescribed
-Drugs are no excuse to not take respsonsability for any of your actions

and no, I don't consume drugs, even though I have the means to do so. The above posts of me doing so is just pillow talk.
2006-05-01, 2:45 PM #40
and no, I don't consume drugs, even though I have the means to do so. The above posts of me doing so is just pillow talk.
When you say "pillow talk", you mean "a lie" right?

↑ Up to the top!