Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Roller Coasters == WIN
Roller Coasters == WIN
2004-06-18, 9:35 PM #1
Six Flags Magic Mountain is AWESOME! I spent the whole day there to--yesterday and I loved the rides. Two of them scared me off...although one I will tackle now that I've subjugated my fear of heights a bit. Although I won't go on Goliath just yet for hardened riders coming back with tales of nearly or actually blacking out. The other one was Déjà Vu. That was mainly because of height fright but, if/when I go back, I'm going to tackle that. The new ride that Magic Mountain has, named X, is by far the best. It is well worth the hour and thirty we had to wait. It's like a normal coaster only your seat twists itself. For instance, you start off lying flat and backwards as you climb upwards. As you literally drop straight down, the chairs tilt so you get this feeling like you are going to smack straight into the ground. Not to mention all the barrel rolls and loops it has at 80 MPH. Oh it was GREAT.

So y'all have any favorite roller coaster rides?

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-06-18, 10:22 PM #2
Acrophobia is fun... Skimpy and I went on that (at 6 Flags, Atlanta) when I was visiting him in bama...

------------------
Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
http://www.writings-emag.net The next big thing since individually wrapped cheese slices (coming soon).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-06-18, 10:39 PM #3
My favorite must be the good old "Vuoristorata" (Finnish for roller coaster) at Linnanmäki here in Helsinki. It's not wild and twisting and turning, it's just pure nostalgia. It's stood there since the early 50s, it's wooden and the carts have men who handle the break in standing position.

I haven't been to an amusement park since 2000, I'd probably have if it weren't for my panic disorder (which started in 2001), I'd have a rough time on any ride. I've been on some wild roller coasters before, but that old thing is near my heart.

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-06-18, 11:12 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
Although I won't go on Goliath just yet for hardened riders coming back with tales of nearly or actually blacking out. The other one was Déjà Vu. That was mainly because of height fright but, if/when I go back, I'm going to tackle that. The new ride that Magic Mountain has, named X, is by far the best. It is well worth the hour and thirty we had to wait. It's like a normal coaster only your seat twists itself. For instance, you start off lying flat and backwards as you climb upwards. As you literally drop straight down, the chairs tilt so you get this feeling like you are going to smack straight into the ground. Not to mention all the barrel rolls and loops it has at 80 MPH. Oh it was GREAT.

</font>

HELL YES!!!! I went last summer and rode all of the coasters and X was by far the best there and the best I've ever been on. Go on Goliath. You'll be fine [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-06-19, 2:33 AM #5
I was gonna go on a rollercoaster, but it had an intensity of 14 so I had to try something a little more gentle.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-06-19, 6:22 AM #6
I like the Hulk and Dueling Dragons at Islands of Adventure, and the Superman ride at 6 Flags over Georgia is just great.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-06-19, 6:25 AM #7
I've never even been to an Amusement park. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Titan A.E.
Titan A.E.
2004-06-19, 7:02 AM #8
I went to one when i was younger, but i'm **** scared of heights and ultra fast speeds unfortunately...

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-06-19, 8:22 AM #9
CEDAR POINT trumps all.

Millenium Force, Mantis, and Raptor are the best roller coasters ever made. Millenium Force is not comparable to any other roller coaster I've ever been on.

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-06-19, 10:28 AM #10
Damn skippy.
2004-06-19, 10:50 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sats:
I went to one when i was younger, but i'm **** scared of heights and ultra fast speeds unfortunately...
</font>

I am too. In fact when I reached the summit of X just before my 3 story drop, I had quite the amazing view of the park...that scared the hell out of me. They had one of those wall-climbing structures at Magic Mountain. That helped me with height fright. They told me to just simply let go and I will "float" down. At first I thought "TO HELL I'M LETTING GO!" And I acutally attempted to climb back down. Then I made what one can imagine in my situation a leap of faith. I still won't be over heights anytime soon. I won't go on Superman though. Heellll NO! I looked up at the thing and even from the ground it gave me an uneasy feeling.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-06-19, 12:05 PM #12
Heh. Gotta love the rollercoasters over here. Oblivion (vertical drop) is really cool, and so's Colossus (ten loops). And both incarnations of Nemesis (dangly leg one).

------------------
[ Massassiism ] [ Cynicism ] [ Fanaticism ]
Sell your soul for a cookie?
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-06-19, 6:24 PM #13
Poltergeist at Six Flags Fiesta Texas is sweeet. Also Chang in Kentucky Kingdom is good too. Me loves roller coasters.

------------------
Ya know ive noticed that turning into a grown up just means you have more power to change your body into crap.
Light And Darkness|Remnant Temple Part A|A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue

↑ Up to the top!