Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Give me some reasons to Reinstall Jedi Knight
Give me some reasons to Reinstall Jedi Knight
2006-05-01, 4:02 PM #1
Ya so it's a liittle wordy get over it.

Now give me some reasons as to why i should Reinstall JK.

GO!
2006-05-01, 4:05 PM #2
What's wordy?
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-05-01, 4:06 PM #3
JK is too good for you. First learn some proper grammar, and then you can play JK.

JK's awesome, install it now.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-05-01, 4:06 PM #4
What is this JK you speak of?
2006-05-01, 4:13 PM #5
silly anubis
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-01, 4:15 PM #6
Install it because you can, and you have nothing better to do, and the replayability is awesome.

(Seriously, I've gone through the whole game at least 4 times, probably more...)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-05-01, 4:22 PM #7
because you had sex with it and am now stuck paying childsupport, so why not keep riding the same train?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-05-01, 4:33 PM #8
Do what you think is right, JC.

Play Deus Ex.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-05-01, 4:36 PM #9
Indeed. Deus Ex is the better, I think. :p
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-05-01, 4:39 PM #10
Don't do it!
2006-05-01, 4:56 PM #11
XP doesn't like JK. It doesn't like you either.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-05-01, 5:51 PM #12
Ruthven's SG-1 mod.

COMING SOON.

and Knight:
http://images.mzzt.net/jkxp.png

2006-05-01, 5:55 PM #13
JK runs fine in XP.. It does require a bit of tweaking for MP behind a router, but it's not hard to figure out...

and... MZZTr's easy.

:p

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-05-01, 5:57 PM #14
This is the reason why.
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-05-01, 6:03 PM #15
Because then you could learn the wonders of JKCTF, and we could resurrect those golden days of internet gaming. If only there were still those who knew what 'nf we' (definitely not 'nf wii') meant or in which level you'd find 'ecr'. *dramatic nostalgic sigh*
2006-05-01, 6:14 PM #16
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Now give me some reasons as to why i should Reinstall JK.

If it's not installed, you can't play it. :p
2006-05-01, 6:29 PM #17
You need to see if you can do that jumping part of the level discussed in a previous thread. It really almost made me reinstall JK.
2006-05-01, 7:09 PM #18
there's no need for you to reinstall jk. the only people you'd be able to play with are ex-zoners that hang around on the server #massassi uses. they're a bunch of whiney, cheating bastards. oh, and some of them steal resources from other mods and claim they're original to their mod.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2006-05-01, 7:11 PM #19
They don't cheat. They despise cheaters.

But they do indeed steal other mod stuff.
2006-05-01, 7:14 PM #20
Sith 2 engine, the jk coop mod, Daft-Vader's levels among a few things ;). I'm a hypocrite I know, I haven't installed it either :(
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-05-01, 7:14 PM #21
http://library.wur.nl/wda/abstracts/ab3421.html
Quote:
Abstract

Title: Effect of crop sanitation on banana weevil Cospolites sordidus (Germar) populations and associated damage
Author: M. Masanza
Date: 9 September, 2003
-----------------------------------------------
The banana weevil, Cosmopolites sordidus (Germar) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) is a serious pest of bananas. However, its ecology is not well elucidated especially in East Africa where plantations are up to 50 years old and are under various management and cropping systems. No single satisfactory control strategy has been found. Detailed information on C. sordidus biology and ecology is needed to explain the population dynamics of this pest in order to develop a comprehensive package for the small-scale farmer to alleviate the pest problem. Cultural control forms the first line of defence in pest control. For instance, removal of crop residues after harvest by chopping is a widely recommended cultural strategy for C. sordidus control. However, the actual effect of these practices on the insect's population dynamics is not clear. This study was aimed at investigating the effect of crop sanitation on population dynamics of C. sordidus and its associated damage.

Laboratory and field studies on the biology and ecology of this pest on crop residues were conducted in Uganda. We found that corms are most attractive to the weevils than any other type of crop residues. Oviposition occurred on residues up to 120 days after harvest, but mainly on freshly harvested residues up to 30 days, implying that residues should be left up to a month before destroying them.

In the study on survivorship of C. sordidus in crop residues, our results revealed that the pest successfully completes its life cycle within crop residues and emerging adults from different aged residues are equally fit. As crop residues can be a source of C. sordidus infestation to the standing crop, they need to be destroyed. There is a general belief that covering banana stumps after harvest helps reduce weevils in banana farms. However, there was no data available to prove that this practice is useful. Moreover, the real effect of covering stumps remained unknown. Our studies reveal that covering banana stumps after harvest reduces oviposition on them in the wet season, but encourages oviposition in the dry season. Therefore, farmers may cover the stumps in the wet but not in the dry season. Also, our studies suggest that covering all stumps in the wet season may encourage C. sordidus to oviposit on the crop. Therefore, some residues should be left in the inter-mat alleys to attract weevils away from the crop. The residues can then be destroyed after three to four weeks.

Removal and chopping crop residues in farmers’ fields helped to keep C. sordidus populations and damage lower than when the residues were left to accumulate. In comparison, removal of all residues in young closed banana plots reduced C. sordidus populations but increased damage on growing plants and reduced the levels of natural enemies. The implications of these results on the role of crop sanitation in the integrated management of C. sordidus are discussed.

Therefore you should reinstall JK, QED
一个大西瓜
2006-05-01, 7:23 PM #22
Why did that make me laugh. I must need sleep. :o

2006-05-01, 7:25 PM #23
Save the bananas! WE MUST MAKE MORE BANANA WAFFLES!
2006-05-01, 7:32 PM #24
It would distract you from making more threads :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-05-01, 7:49 PM #25
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Indeed. Deus Ex is the better, I think. :p[/QUOTE]

You think? I know. Install DX and if you are bored after several times beating the game, then install JK.

Wouldn't DX look nice on the Unreal 3 platform? Oh, just imagining it . . . :)
2006-05-01, 7:52 PM #26
Originally posted by KnightRider2000:
XP doesn't like JK. It doesn't like you either.

You just watch yourself. XP has the death sentence on twelve systems!
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-05-01, 9:59 PM #27
Reinstall it or I will bust your kneecaps with my slugger.
2006-05-02, 1:21 AM #28
Your Final Hope is the Killing of Boredom!
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-05-02, 3:43 AM #29
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
You think? I know. Install DX and if you are bored after several times beating the game, then install JK.

Wouldn't DX look nice on the Unreal 3 platform? Oh, just imagining it . . . :)

There's a mod in production that is recreating ALL of Deus Ex with UT2k4. So far they have the HUD and the whole "click to activate" thing working.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-05-02, 4:46 AM #30
If I didn't have JK installed, I would install it simply for the reason for playing some of the old and ace SP levels. And always when I install JK I install MotS for more old ace SP level'age.

Oh, and plug.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-05-02, 5:45 AM #31
*cough* :o
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2006-05-02, 5:51 AM #32
You know, I used to associate gbk as mr. Jedi Knight Editor himself, but nowadays he's just a :gbk: creep.

:p
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-05-02, 8:21 AM #33
Level 9..
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2006-05-02, 8:39 AM #34
Originally posted by Goit:
JDKNITE188 (in sig)

Oh, I missed my random Massassian moment!
2006-05-02, 8:58 AM #35
Originally posted by Wolfy:
You just watch yourself. XP has the death sentence on twelve systems!

ill be careful.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-05-02, 9:20 AM #36
You should reinstall JK because it will make you more attractive to the opposite sex. Everyone knows that! :rolleyes:
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-05-02, 10:35 AM #37
Originally posted by quesadilla_red:
You should reinstall JK because it will make you more attractive to the opposite sex. Everyone knows that! :rolleyes:

DONE.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-02, 10:52 AM #38
Originally posted by quesadilla_red:

Is this sarcasm? If so, I don't think that's right, although it's not necessarily wrong either.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-05-02, 3:06 PM #39
Originally posted by Goit:
Level 9..

AMEN, LEVEL 9 ROCKED.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-05-02, 3:21 PM #40
Quote:
You should reinstall JK because it will make you more attractive to the opposite sex. Everyone knows that!
I know that's true, actually. Take quesadilla. She's a female, and, since I'm male, that makes me the opposite sex. Now she finds me incredibly attractive, and I have JK installed. Not only that, but I've installed it several times over the last few years, making me outright irresistable... A shame she lives in New Mexico... >.>

;)

↑ Up to the top!