Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → have you ever scammed anyone?
have you ever scammed anyone?
2004-06-18, 3:17 PM #1
I'm not a scam artist, but here's a trick I played back in high school to make an easy $30:

I found a fat freshman (there were plenty of them, hehe) and i bet him $30 that he couldn't eat a pack of 12 donuts at once. My mark easily took the bet, b/c he was confident in his eating ability. I used his confidence to exploit him big time. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

After school, we went and bought a pack of those 12 powdered sugar white ones. (I made sure that we only got ones that were dry as a bone, you'll find out why in a second)

Anyway, he started eating the donuts. Now, these donuts were dry as a bone, so after about 8 or 9 of them, he wanted a drink. I told him that he could have as much water as he wanted. (suuucker!)

I knew that once he had as much water as he wanted to get rid of his thirst, he was f***ed--- the money was as good as mine b/c the donuts in his gut would swell up and there would be no way in hell he could finish the remaining donuts.

The kid paid up. And yes, i am devious as hell. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited June 18, 2004).]
2004-06-18, 3:34 PM #2
Genius!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-18, 3:39 PM #3
Kindof, though I'm a little doubtful about the truth of effectiveness. If water would really make them swell up that much, I would think there's already enough fluid in your stomach and/or mouth to cause that anyway.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-06-18, 3:39 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
have you ever scammed anyone?
</font>

Yes, but nothing I would care to disclose here...

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-06-18, 3:41 PM #5
Well, I did give a fake love note I whipped up with the GIMP to a loser at school who thought he was P.I.M.P. but really was a L.O.S.E.R. who will never get a girlfriend in his life... he lied that he 6 different girls had a crush on him just to impress us. I realized that he needed to be crushed...
[http://members.lycos.co.uk/mystic0/love.jpg]
The funniest part is that he still believes this note is true. Or maybe he doesn't and he just wants to impress us. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Edit: If you read the note, he actually did show up at the library that day...

------------------
Please send me e-mail....

[This message has been edited by Mystic0 (edited June 18, 2004).]
2004-06-18, 3:42 PM #6
My brother scammed a guy out of his house on Ultima Online and best friend scammed a kid in a Pokemon card trade. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] But me, myself, haven't really pulled any scams. I feel bad about it.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-06-18, 3:43 PM #7
My best friend ripped me off by trading me a Correllian Corvet and a Tie Avenger for my IG-2000. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
2004-06-18, 3:50 PM #8
My cousin asked me to fix his computer some time. I came by one day and he wasn't there. So I went ahead and fixed it up, and as an added bonus, I stole his zip drive. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-18, 3:52 PM #9
I've heard of someone that pulled a profitable scam.

it's cheap and crooked as hell, and it's probably not something i could bring myself to do. (even i have some ethics)

Basically, this guy would pretend to solicit door to door for charitable causes during the Christmas season and would pocket the donations.

He netted about 2 grand in a weekend, but the scam is dirty as f*** b/c you're conning people that have good intentions and want to help.

Conning people that are simply stupid and are just as greedy as you are is kind of different, IMO.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited June 18, 2004).]
2004-06-18, 3:54 PM #10
I would really classify that as outright steeling....

------------------
2004-06-18, 3:59 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mystic0:
I would really classify that as outright steeling....

</font>

very true.

My trick is not really stealing b/c there is a *slight* chance my mark could do it, but the deck is definitely stacked against him.

Basically, once he gets thirsty, he has two choices:

1. choke and quit.

2. drink water and lose.

Either way, I win.

------------------
2004-06-18, 4:24 PM #12
That whole chrismas collection scam is illegal by the way.

------------------
The sooner you realize I'm right the better off you will be.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-18, 5:08 PM #13
there was one guy at a site I went to that was scamming people by saying they could buy an IIDX/DDR MAchine off of him for 500-1000 dollars. He got over an estimated 10,000 dollars. Later, he was arrested for stealing his g/fs credit card.

------------------
Why Did the Chicken Cross The Road?

>>The Bible's Answer:
And God came down from the heavens, and He said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road." And the chicken crossed the road, and there was much rejoicing.
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2004-06-18, 5:54 PM #14
Pagewizard i could have beaten your contest and im skinny. I couldve easily eaten all the donuts without a drink.

------------------
Ya know ive noticed that turning into a grown up just means you have more power to change your body into crap.
Light And Darkness|Remnant Temple Part A|A work in progress

[This message has been edited by Prince Xizor (edited June 18, 2004).]
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-06-18, 6:31 PM #15
...just like you could eat 10 crackers in a minute?

------------------
2004-06-18, 6:33 PM #16
I could. I love crackers. I'm like a damn parrot.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-18, 6:34 PM #17
I have yet to see anyone successfully eat 10 crackers in a minute.

I should mention these are your generic saltine crackers, not triscuits.

------------------
2004-06-18, 6:40 PM #18
I sold the Brooklyn Bridge to a tourist.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-06-18, 6:54 PM #19
A newbie in a CS game was asking how you get hacks. I told him by pressing ALT + F4..then he leaves.

Few minutes later he came back and said, "what happened? it didn't work"

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-06-18, 8:07 PM #20
That's a hell of a scam there [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-06-19, 2:02 AM #21
Scams?

Don't really need them, but yeah, sure I have, thinking otherwise would be silly.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-06-19, 2:21 AM #22
When the £2 coin was first introduced, I sold someone a £2 coin for £10.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-06-19, 5:14 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
That's a hell of a scam there [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

</font>

It's my only one. Leave my morals alone. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-06-19, 6:10 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
I could. I love crackers. I'm like a damn parrot.</font>

Agreed. I eat crackers like MAD! Same with pretzels. You've gotta' love those things. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Titan A.E.
Titan A.E.
2004-06-19, 6:28 AM #25
/tries the cracker thing.

...erm, maybe not.
I just can chew that fast. My jaw gets tired.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited June 19, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-19, 6:42 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
Kindof, though I'm a little doubtful about the truth of effectiveness. If water would really make them swell up that much, I would think there's already enough fluid in your stomach and/or mouth to cause that anyway.</font>

I one time made the mistake of, over the course of an hour, eating 8 small bags of pretzels and drinking twice as many bottles of waters. Needless to say, I was not feeling well.

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-06-19, 6:47 AM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
I one time made the mistake of, over the course of an hour, eating 8 small bags of pretzels and drinking twice as many bottles of waters. Needless to say, I was not feeling well.

</font>

LOL! I tend to eat pretzels with some of the 10% Fruit Punch juice stuff. It's good, flavored water and dried, salted bread.

------------------
Titan A.E.
Titan A.E.
2004-06-19, 7:14 AM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
When the £2 coin was first introduced, I sold someone a £2 coin for £10.</font>

I've tried selling Canadian coins to Americans before... "You can buy this special edition two-colour $2 coin for only $15! It's a great deal!"

Unfortunately, none of them fell for it.

------------------
"May your gravity well be shallow, and your deBroglie wavelength short."
Stuff
2004-06-19, 8:21 AM #29
I could have easily eaten that many donuts. I know because I've done it before :P

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-06-19, 8:37 AM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oSiRiS:
I could have easily eaten that many donuts. I know because I've done it before :P

</font>

this i have to see.

BTW, it only works on dry donuts, like powdered sugar or cinnamon.

Donuts like chocolate or jelly-filled don't work with this method b/c they're moister for some reason and you can eat them all without drinking enough water to make a difference.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited June 19, 2004).]
2004-06-19, 1:40 PM #31
The water wouldn't make the donuts swell really. After you've chewed them, you've already compacted the donuts to a smaller size. It's just breads are lighter foods and don't put much force on your stomach walls like a large serving of water, so suddenly the kid would feel much fuller than he previously was.

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.

[This message has been edited by Roach (edited June 19, 2004).]
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-06-19, 2:14 PM #32
Here's a good one. I've never pulled it, personally, but I know a person who has. The basic drift is, you bet someone you can drink 2 glasses of some liquid, before they can drink two shot glasses of the same liquid. Most people accept, of course. You state the rules, which are as follows: You get to drink one glass first. Your opponent cannot touch your glasses. You cannot touch your opponents glasses. And the game starts when you pick up your second glass. Well, you drink the first glass, turn it over, and cover up the other person's shot glass. They can't touch it, so they can't win.

------------------
Guess what? Yep, that's right. No, no, really, it's right. Think it's wrong? You're right, it's wrong. Know why? 'Cause it is
Guess what? Yep, that's right. No, no, really, it's right. Think it's wrong? You're right, it's wrong. Know why? 'Cause it is
2004-06-19, 3:01 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
When the £2 coin was first introduced, I sold someone a £2 coin for £10.</font>

I love you Mort-Hog. Really.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"If all those usefull inventions that are lyable to abuse, should therefore be concealed, there is not any Art or Science, which might be lawfully profest."
-John Wilkins, Mercury, or the Secret and Swift messenger, shewing how a man may with privacy and speed Communicate his thoughts to a Friend at any distance (London, 1641)
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-06-19, 3:38 PM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roach:
The water wouldn't make the donuts swell really. After you've chewed them, you've already compacted the donuts to a smaller size. It's just breads are lighter foods and don't put much force on your stomach walls like a large serving of water, so suddenly the kid would feel much fuller than he previously was.

</font>

even so, it still produces the desired effect long enough for him to lose the bet.

------------------
2004-06-19, 5:45 PM #35
I used to really rip this kid off in pog trading. He would basically give me 3 free pogs every trade, and he didn't realize it.
2004-06-19, 10:34 PM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
My cousin asked me to fix his computer some time. I came by one day and he wasn't there. So I went ahead and fixed it up, and as an added bonus, I stole his zip drive. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]</font>

That was very Christian of you.

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-06-20, 1:21 AM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Krokodile:
That was very Christian of you.=
</font>

Thou shalt not ask me to fix your computer.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!