Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Canadian Idol
Canadian Idol
2004-06-19, 7:36 AM #1
I'm not usually into this type of stuff, but this is rather exciting, because one of the finalists for Canadian Idol, Joshua Seller, comes from my hometown of Brigden, Ontario (population: 540)

http://www.ctv.ca/idol/gen/Home.html

Make sure you vote for him!

Anyways, he's here in town right now, and there is a TV crew and stuff. Pretty cool, really, seeing as nobody has ever heard of Brigden before.

------------------
"May your gravity well be shallow, and your deBroglie wavelength short."
Stuff
2004-06-19, 8:14 AM #2
I've had it with reality tv.

The whole point of TV is to escape from reality.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-06-19, 9:43 AM #3
Pfft, Katie Webber went to my high school, so nyah!

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged
2004-06-19, 10:13 AM #4
Well, I know that reality is, of course, defined by several stuck-up women complaining about the outback pining to be my wife.

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-06-19, 11:41 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I've had it with reality tv.

The whole point of TV is to escape from reality.

</font>

I wouldn't worry about it, reality TV is just as fake (if not moreso) than anything else on TV.
2004-06-19, 12:18 PM #6
Reality TV is stupid and needs to die via a shotgun blast to the face. If you want reality, get off your *** and go outside.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-19, 12:19 PM #7
The reason that I don't like American Idol being grouped with Reality TV shows is that it's not the usual crap. It's just one big contest not some simulation of what happens when you strand people on an island.
2004-06-19, 2:11 PM #8
The only thing I really hate about American Idol is how they all sing the same goddamn awful type of song. They're almost all identical contestants...
2004-06-19, 8:26 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Connection Problem:
The only thing I really hate about American Idol is how they all sing the same goddamn awful type of song. They're almost all identical contestants...</font>

True. Its all cheap s*** pop music that makes me want to cringe every time I hear it. if there was a battle of the bands reality tv show or something (not bad punk/nu metal, but covers of really good songs) like that then I might be interested.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-06-19, 8:33 PM #10
But the songs you think are good songs I think suck. So then I would say something like, "it's all cheap s*** pagewizard music that makes me want to cringe every time I hear it."

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-06-20, 1:38 AM #11
The only reason to watch '* Idol' is for Ant and Dec. The American Idol host was so bad, heh.

This system has really shown how manufactured pop music is. Really puts the 'industry' into 'music industry'. It's just one long public opinion poll to find out who is going to sell the most records and make the most money.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!