Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Da Vinci Code...
The Da Vinci Code...
2006-05-02, 5:16 PM #1
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thedavincicode/

Im so excited for it to come out! When I was reading the book I could hardly put it down till I finished it. This movie should be great :D
2006-05-02, 5:19 PM #2
It is the work of Be-elzeboob.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-02, 5:20 PM #3
Yeah hopefully it's good. They'd have to try pretty hard to screw up though.

Now the only question is this: which movie do I see on the 19th when it comes out? The Da Vinci Code or X3?

EDIT: Haha holy crap I just noticed Ian McKellen is in both of them. Funny.
Stuff
2006-05-02, 5:21 PM #4
If you have time, read this too. ;)
woot!
2006-05-02, 5:36 PM #5
OMG CODES
2006-05-02, 5:53 PM #6
Quote:
The Da Vinci Code is a novel and therefore a work of fiction. While the book's characters and their actions are obviously not real, the artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals depicted in this novel all exist (for example, Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings, the Gnostic Gospels, Hieros Gamos, etc.). These real elements are interpreted and debated by fictional characters. While it is my belief that some of the theories discussed by these characters may have merit, each individual reader must explore these characters' viewpoints and come to his or her own interpretations. My hope in writing this novel was that the story would serve as a catalyst and a springboard for people to discuss the important topics of faith, religion, and history.

BUT DOESN'T THE NOVEL'S "FACT" PAGE CLAIM THAT EVERY SINGLE WORD IN THIS NOVEL IS HISTORICAL FACT?
If you read the "FACT" page, you will see it clearly states that the documents, rituals, organization, artwork, and architecture in the novel all exist. The "FACT" page makes no statement whatsoever about any of the ancient theories discussed by fictional characters. Interpreting those ideas is left to the reader.

I wish people would pay attention to this more.

And I can't find a trailer for the movie :(
一个大西瓜
2006-05-02, 6:37 PM #7
Originally posted by kyle90:

Now the only question is this: which movie do I see on the 19th when it comes out? The Da Vinci Code or X3?

HOLY CRAP THE FACE IN YOUR SIG JUST WINKED!

[And ya i would see The Davinci Code if i were you]
2006-05-02, 6:48 PM #8
The Da Vinci Code reminds me of The Omega Code, a great movie featuring the sublime talents of Michael Yorke and Casper van Dien
2006-05-02, 7:12 PM #9
I'm really excited for this movie. The cast seems perfect for their roles and the book just begged to be made into a movie. I hope that Angels & Demons is made into a movie if this one is successful.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
2006-05-02, 7:27 PM #10
Oh lol well im well aware its fiction but even still I found the book to be a great read. Def. a recommended choice if you like mysteries.

Hm dag I wanna see X-3 too! lol well what u do is see X-3 and then See The Da Vinci Code the same day...who says u cant see more then one movie? lol
2006-05-02, 7:28 PM #11
Exactly. Go see one thentheater hop to the other. :em321:
Pissed Off?
2006-05-02, 7:44 PM #12
I just started reading it last week. I'm on like page 230, and going to read another 20 tonight. I really sped through a lot this weekend.

Good book, it's keeping me enthralled in the story and immersed in the details-- I zone out to this book when I read it.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-05-02, 7:46 PM #13
It was the same way for me. All of Dan Brown's books, actually.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-02, 8:39 PM #14
oh yeah lol bigtime. id' read the book and people would try to talk to me and i'd be like "hold up" and just like keep my eyes glued to the book.

Im annoyed cuz i want my sister to read the book, so I gave it to her. But she hasnt gotten to it. Then again I cant get on her too much, she's in her final months about to finish her doctorate degree in Material Science Engineering lol. I just dont want her to watch the movie and then just settle for that and never read the book cuz I loved that book
2006-05-02, 9:01 PM #15
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
HOLY CRAP THE FACE IN YOUR SIG JUST WINKED!

Dude what are you talking about; the face has always been like this.
Stuff
2006-05-02, 9:04 PM #16
Did anyone notice how the main characters of The Da Vinci Code were awake for the entire book? How were they solving these 1000 year old mysteries after being awake for 36 hours?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2006-05-02, 10:48 PM #17
The book was better.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-05-02, 10:49 PM #18
I tried 'davinci' in Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, JK and even DX but it still didn't work! Scum!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-05-02, 10:52 PM #19
I read it once, and loved it. Then, as I usually do, I tried to read it again. However, the second time proved to be far less exciting. I just couldn't take the jumps in logic and countless implausibilities. It was good for one read, and then annoyed the hell out of me.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-05-03, 5:43 AM #20
Not to mention that all of Dan Brown's book have exactly the same plot and characters. Even the bad guys all have the same relationship with the main character.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-05-03, 6:26 AM #21
I'm convinced that which book (Angels and Demons or Da Vinci Code) you read first determines which you like more. I read Angels and Demons first and enjoyed it more.

I wonder why that's the case, though? :rolleyes:
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-05-03, 7:46 AM #22
I read Angels and Demons second and liked it more. I read Deception Point third and liked it the most. I read Digital Fortress last and liked Da Vinci Code more than that :p
2006-05-03, 9:08 AM #23
Originally posted by Patriot:
The cast seems perfect for their roles

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Tom Hanks, although he might fit just doesn't seem like a good choice for Langdon. Harrison Ford however would seem like a much better actor to play him IMO.
nope.
2006-05-03, 12:36 PM #24
Tom Hanks is a pretty good actor. He should be able to pull it off. Harrison Ford just doesn't seem to have the "so thoughtful" aura about him. Plus, Ford has already found the Holy Grail once.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2006-05-03, 12:40 PM #25
Problem solved:

DaVinci Code comes out on the 19th, X-3 comes out on the 26th.
2006-05-03, 4:46 PM #26
Sweet. That does solve the problem.
Stuff
2006-05-03, 5:52 PM #27
Originally posted by kyle90:

X3 HANDS DOWN!
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2006-05-04, 1:31 AM #28
Originally posted by SMOCK!:
I'm convinced that which book (Angels and Demons or Da Vinci Code) you read first determines which you like more. I read Angels and Demons first and enjoyed it more.

I wonder why that's the case, though? :rolleyes:

My mum read Da Vinci code first, then read the rest, then told me I had to read them, she also told me to save Angels and Demons till last because it was by far the best.
I wasn't sure though (didnt seem like my sort of books) so I went ahead and read Angels and Demons first, and I have to say it is by far the best. It is quite, quite awesome. Da Vinci Code is quite good too, but it's no Angels and Demons. Oh, and I don't remember the name of the one with the alien meteorite thingy, but that one sucked very badly (if only because of the end).
2006-05-04, 8:11 AM #29
Originally posted by Bobbert:
Tom Hanks is a pretty good actor. He should be able to pull it off. Harrison Ford just doesn't seem to have the "so thoughtful" aura about him. Plus, Ford has already found the Holy Grail once.

Tom Hanks is the man
|-|E|_|_O
2006-05-04, 11:26 PM #30
Originally posted by Darth_biggs:
Tom Hanks is the man

Rufus... is the man.

[http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/surrender_404/image18582.jpg]
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-05-04, 11:38 PM #31
I was gonna argue for Tom Hanks... but now I have to side with Schming.
2006-05-05, 12:00 AM #32
Am I the only one who found Brown's books to be a little on the predictable and formulaic side? I mean, yes, they're reasonably entertaining fiction, but there's certainly better out there.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!