Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → KnightRider...the poet!
KnightRider...the poet!
2006-05-03, 11:26 AM #1
It seems good ole KnightRider (me not the TV show) will be making an apperance in Celebration of Young Poets. How you may say?

I'm in a Creative Writing class run by some lady who speaks very poor English. IT's funny, cause most of my work she wasn't able to understand due to her lack of higher-level vocabulary. Anyway, she made us enter this poetry contest online. So knowing that she couldn't understand my work, I typed up a stupid poem title "One Reason [not (they misprinted in they letter i got)] to go to Prison" It like 10 lines about a guy who got beaten up in the shower at a prison, and fogot his soap on a rope. Stupid and took me literly 2 minutes to write.

That was about 2 months ago. Today I get a letter at school telling me that I been selected to appear in the book that is being published. Supposedly most of the entries never get published, and I was one of about 12 from the school (a high school of 3,000 students) who got seletected for the contest.

This just goes to show that in this day and age, some people are too stupid to realize crappy work. Me, the actual "poet" is saying that the work sucks. I nearly cried from laughter when I got the letter, but was happy to find out that since my "work" is being published I am exempt from the final exam in that class. This inciddent actually decreases what little hope I have left in humanity, and it's ability to squat through crap that people give it.

In 10 days I get my poem in the mail, with a form asking if anything needs to be changed. Once I get the actual poem back, I'll post it on Massassi for all to laugh at.

Oh and you can vote for the winner of the contest I think when the book comes out. Might be interesting if I get any votes. Of course I know high school kids will probably like an Irish guy getting beat up in a prison shower, rather than "My First Love", and other annoying titles.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-05-03, 12:25 PM #2
Originally posted by KnightRider2000:
This just goes to show that in this day and age, some people are too stupid to realize crappy work.

like your carpet cleaning website that you overcharged for?
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-05-03, 12:28 PM #3
Originally posted by MBeggar:

Ouch. Oh and just got $170 for a smaller site I did. He too is happy with site. :)

-G Man
2006-05-03, 12:47 PM #4
Congrats! I got selected for one of those things too in middle school. The situation was a lot like you described it. Just having to write a poem for a specific assignment, and it striking a chord with someone higher up. Sounds like you reaped a lot more benefits from it though with the exam exemption.

If you have enough middle schoolers in a room and they all write enough poems, just by chance at least a few of them will turn out alright. :p Aren't the poems supposed to mean something? I guess if you can write something that means something to other people then it is just as good whether you stumble upon it or not.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2006-05-03, 2:58 PM #5

Or his technical advice?
D E A T H
2006-05-03, 4:06 PM #6
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Or his technical advice?[/QUOTE]

You're the one who said I had crappy RAM. Yet you're only playing HL2 at 40-70 fps. :p

-G Man
2006-05-03, 4:09 PM #7
You're the one who said I had crappy RAM. Yet you're only playing HL2 at 40-70 fps. :p

Uh...good one?

You got me, ace.
D E A T H
2006-05-03, 4:13 PM #8

ZING!

[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Or his technical advice?[/QUOTE]

BURNSAUCE!

Hahaha, this thread is awesome.

<3 MB and Yoshi
2006-05-04, 4:14 PM #9
Ouch. Oh and just got $170 for a smaller site I did. He too is happy with site. :)

Stop ripping people off. They may be happy, but they'd be happier with a professional website for less.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-05-04, 4:19 PM #10
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Stop ripping people off. They may be happy, but they'd be happier with a professional website for less.

I'm tempted to undermine him and steal his business, but I'm not that mean. :(
2006-05-04, 4:19 PM #11
Congrats and all, but I *really* wanna see that $170 site.
幻術
2006-05-04, 4:23 PM #12
Yoshi, nobody cares about your PC hardware elitism. You're pretty 1337 cuz of yer awEsum PC s|<illz d4wG!!
2006-05-04, 4:26 PM #13
Oh you people are freakin hypocrites.
2006-05-04, 4:27 PM #14
I think IRG nailed that one.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.

↑ Up to the top!