Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wierdness!!
Wierdness!!
2006-05-03, 3:58 PM #1
Ok so i start up JK [Yes you convinced me] and start playing expecting the useal drab crappy 3 tracks of music it came with. Then for some reason the song from when Anikan attacks the Trade Federation ship in Episode 1 plays. So i look in my cd drive.. And Galactic Battlegrounds is in there! So now i wonder:

1. How is this happening?

2. How can i get the music off the disk? [Its not in mp3 or anything]
2006-05-03, 4:02 PM #2
JK plays audio tracks off of whatever CD is in the drive.

You can put in a Beach Boys CD and have that play during the game. Just make sure you have the no-CD patch installed.
2006-05-03, 4:03 PM #3
er, take out that cd, and put in jedi Kenigits?
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-03, 4:05 PM #4
Did you even read what i said ruthy?

And how do i actually get the sound of the Galactic Battlegrounds CD There is no Mp3s or any audio formats that i know of on there.
2006-05-03, 4:07 PM #5
It's a music and data CD mix. You can probably throw it in your CD player and listen to it if you like (Just make sure you skip track 1, it has the data!).

Since JK's CDs are also a music and data CD mix, it read the CD thinking it was the JK CD, and started playing the audio track.

If you want the music off the disc, rip the tracks like you would any other audio CD (just skip track one).
2006-05-03, 4:11 PM #6
CM's right.

LANDFISH LOSES.
2006-05-03, 4:16 PM #7
bah, we posted at the same time.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-05-03, 4:16 PM #8
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Did you even read what i said ruthy?

Stupid Question...

of course i didnt.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-03, 4:18 PM #9
You can even put JK in a CD player and listen to the tracks! It doubles as an audio CD!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-05-03, 4:20 PM #10
thats what matty said
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-05-03, 4:24 PM #11
Originally posted by MBeggar:
thats what matty said

He said probably though, I'm confirming it, as I remember on my old PC, everytime I popped in JK, WMP would pop open and start playing music.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-05-03, 4:34 PM #12
Originally posted by KnightRider2000:
He said probably though, I'm confirming it, as I remember on my old PC, everytime I popped in JK, WMP would pop open and start playing music.

A. I said probably to the Galactic Battlegrounds CD.

B. There is a (good) possibility that older CD players will cough up and die after seeing the first data track, despite what else may be on the cd. Thus, it's not a "confirm or deny" thing.

C. If WMP opened when you put your JK CD in the drive, you had SERIOUS problems with autoplay and CD handling on your PC, because Windows is not supposed to treat it like that at ALL.
2006-05-03, 5:29 PM #13
A lot of games do that. I used to listen to the TIE Fighter CD, MechWarrior, etc
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-05-03, 5:56 PM #14
Since Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries won't play on my comp anymore, I use the CD to listen to the awesome soundtrack. I have it in my audio CD case.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-05-03, 8:00 PM #15
My personal favorite CD that did that was for sure Warcraft 2. The expansion, of course.

I'm a mideval man....
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-05-03, 8:05 PM #16
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]C. If WMP opened when you put your JK CD in the drive, you had SERIOUS problems with autoplay and CD handling on your PC, because Windows is not supposed to treat it like that at ALL.[/QUOTE]

it's knightrider. anything can happen.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-05-03, 10:32 PM #17
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
Since Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries won't play on my comp anymore, I use the CD to listen to the awesome soundtrack. I have it in my audio CD case.

My MW2 CD was in my CD wallet for that same reason when it was stolen last year :(
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-05-04, 10:52 AM #18
It worked. I know have a nice Star Wars sound track for where ever i go.

Thanks massasi!
2006-05-04, 11:03 AM #19
Carmageddon 1 has an awesome soundtrack. Fear Factory instrumental for the win!

↑ Up to the top!