Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ghost Hunters Tonight! Watch it!
Ghost Hunters Tonight! Watch it!
2006-05-03, 7:02 PM #1
Omg omg omg omg

Ok ok ok. All of you guys who dont believe in ghosts you have GOT to watch this episode. seriously for all the skeptics you all ahve GOT to watch it

It comes on again in 2 hours on Sci Fi. The guys went to investigate a Haunted Lighthouse here in St. Augustine FL and they got the most evidence ever.

Im telling you, seriously if you all want to prove me wrong and say ghosts dont exsist that's fine, but im asking please PLEASE watch this episode, its coming on in 2 hours and then if u miss it tonight it'll be on again next wed. check listings

seriously did anyone else watc h it tonight???

Seriously guys watch it, I couldnt be more adament about this. Im watching again in 2 hours. I'd love any skepticism you all can bring after you watch it, anything at all...
2006-05-03, 7:04 PM #2
Since when as a people have we turned to the SciFi channel as definitive proof of paranormal activity?
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-05-03, 7:07 PM #3
seriously seriously before you start bad talking it, watch the show...

I want u to see the show. its coming on again in 2 hours. check local listings. seriously watch it, and then tell me if u are skeptical thats all im asking. it wont kill you to watch one of the shows
2006-05-03, 7:15 PM #4
I don't have a TV connection. I also don't believe in ghosts but I'm not going to bother anyone about it.
2006-05-03, 7:15 PM #5
Not that I don't believe in ghost, I'll just TiVo it.
2006-05-03, 7:31 PM #6
The evidence on that show is anecdotal at best. It is highly skewed to capture audiences and create profits. That is why they show it.

Don't be so naive.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-05-03, 7:34 PM #7
seriously though, before you go bashing Emon just watch the show in an 1 1/2. on sci fi.

it wont kill you to watch 1 show, and then after watching (the whole show) tell me what you think, but until you see this episode I dont think u can truly bash it. Just watch, if u see the whole thing and still think the same way then fine, but till then at least see the thing. If not then you dont really have grounds to stand on. At least watch this episode and prove me wrong
2006-05-03, 7:34 PM #8
Boo. [/SIZE]

:p
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-03, 7:36 PM #9
Scary, jep!

:(
2006-05-03, 7:38 PM #10
What kind of evidence is there?
I'm just a little boy.
2006-05-03, 7:45 PM #11
They get on tape, the outline of a man looking over the balcony and down at them twice. as well as the voice of a woman saying "help me"

on this show u will see on video the actual shape of a man lean over the tower and look down at them.

Thing is if it wouldve been a person it wouldve triggered the light of the motion sensor, and it didnt, and when they chased it all the way up noone was up there and there was 2 padlocked doors, so someone would have had to have been up ther eif it was someone playing a joke.

really just watch the episode. if you all say it sux after this then so be it. Its one episode, seriously, wont kill ya to watch it. it comes on again in like an hour and 15, check your local listings for Sci Fi and Ghost Hunters
2006-05-03, 7:47 PM #12
What kind of evidence is there? This photo for starters...
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-05-03, 7:50 PM #13
That's a pretty crappy photo of a ghost :\
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-05-03, 7:51 PM #14
Next, I was off to the Lighthouse that overlooks the Matanzas Bay being very curious about its history since I saw a Discovery channel documentary on it two years ago. They visited St. Augustine and filmed a documentary on ghosts and legends of America's lighthouses. The crew deemed St. Augustine to be its favorite and took many rolls of film, searching for the ghosts in the tower and on the property.

Several staffers have seen a hazy, male figure walking through the lighthouse. Perhaps it is a former lighthouse keeper making his rounds.
St. Augustine Cemetery - Proof of Ghosts? - Photo Provided by Dr. Harry C. Stafford

Once, when the museum was being rearranged, a maintenance man lifted one end of a bench to set it aside. Before he could walk around to lift the other side, it rose up in the air and moved itself. People wonder if it is a Spanish guard from the first wooden tower built in 1586. Another possible explanation for the spectral images being seen repeatedly by sightseers is during the lighthouse's renovations there is a story that two little girls fell to their death. There have been numerous reports of seeing to two little girls chasing each other up the lighthouse steps.

http://www.calder.net/jpiazza/2004-01-05-ghosts.html

Watch the episode...like it or not then ya can say if anything then at least u'll be amused or maybe u'll believ
2006-05-03, 7:57 PM #15
I've seen Ghost Hunters before, and for the most part, they debunk ghost myths.

However, their evidence at times is sketchy at best.

No, I didn't see tonights episode - can't get Sci-Fi where I'm at right now.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-05-03, 8:02 PM #16
[http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/245/orb3jw.jpg]
Oh my god guys! You have to help me, I have an Orb on my screen!
2006-05-03, 8:03 PM #17
Unfortunately, I have no TV. So I can-not/did-not/will-not watch this show.

Regardless, I would like to point out that there is absolutely no conceivable evidence that can be aired on TV (and especially on Sci-Fi Channel) to support the existence of the paranormal that could not have been faked either through ingenious usage of Technology or simple camera tricks.

Additionally, even if everything was completely on the level, I would think they would claim their $1,000,000 before showing any "proof" on TV.
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2006-05-03, 8:08 PM #18
Oh man. Orb photos.
Ghost photographs can be appreciated by a sceptic as a form of art, but orb photos are just plain bad photographs. To believe that these 'orbs' and various blurry smudges are of supernatural origin, rather than ordinary and common photographical flaws, demonstrates an embarrassing lack of rational thought.

I like to watch these ghost/alien shows for the entertainment. Unfortunately "Ghost Hunters" doesn't appear to be available here.
I'm just a little boy.
2006-05-03, 8:11 PM #19
It's eating my toolbar now! You've got to help me, PLEASE!
[http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4149/orb25pi.jpg]
2006-05-03, 8:14 PM #20
they actually dont count orbs. I think orbs are dumb its norm. water particles or dust. they never credit orbs. they actually never credit anything unless they ahve good evidence

yeah in the past they've had "meh" evidence, but this episode has some solid stuff. if you watch this episode and can still shoot holes through it, then so be it. but mychallenge is to watch it first and then throw out your thoughts on it
2006-05-03, 8:19 PM #21
Originally posted by Uberslug:
[http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/245/orb3jw.jpg]
Oh my god guys! You have to help me, I have an Orb on my screen!

hehe
2006-05-03, 8:37 PM #22
There is zero evidence for ghosts.

Telling us to watch a T.V. show for evidence is ludicrous.

Why? Because watching tv involves audio and video. Both can be easily edited.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-05-03, 9:04 PM #23
starting hope you all watch, if not then meh but if so u might see some things u like, or not but still give it a chance. laterz i'll be back after the show
2006-05-03, 9:10 PM #24
Meh, I'm just indifferent regarding ghosts.

Just because something hasn't been proven, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's a logical fallacy (Argumentum ad Ignoratium, specifically). No one has ever proved that ghosts exist, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. In the same way, because no one has proved that ghosts don't exist, that means they must exist. Both are fallacies.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-05-03, 9:56 PM #25
I don't like ghosts. Bash at them with your sword and it's all like "Your attack has no effect" and then you're like "screw you, ghost!" and then you step back and dodge their attacks and shoot fireballs at them. Then you get the ectoplasm which isn't really good for anything anyways. Man.
Stuff
2006-05-03, 9:59 PM #26
There were all kinds of ghost stories at my college. And guess who told them. That's right, Security. The guys who were paranoid as hell and stayed up too late. I should know. I was one of them for a while. But I didn't see any damn ghosts. Rubbish, all of it. I do, however, believe in loud swimming pool machinery. Here's how it went down. My old college campus has an education facility for everything from pre-school to graduate, all on one piece of property. The high school is the only facility of comprable size to the college, and they have some nice equipment that they prefer to keep to themselves. (the pool, the rubberised track, etc.) They won't let the college use it, but they do force the security department to watch their building at night. Seeing as security hated anything to do with the high school, they always sent the new recruits to do the night patrol there. It was an old building, and it was creepy as hell. Plus, they never told you about the pumping and filtration machinery for the pool, all of which was in the basement. And somehow that stuff always turned on just when you'd turned your back to it. Scared the hell out of me for a long time. I always forgot, dammit. Damn you, Edgewood Security veterans. Damn you and your craftiness.

Edit:

Kyle, man. Why are you not using the silver? I'm all "Check it out, ghost, I've got the silvery sharpness! Watch in fear as I hew your corporeal non-body!" Wait... how does that even work, anyway?
2006-05-03, 10:26 PM #27
Yeah, I saw the eps tonight, and this was the most they've gotten on camera. Usually it's EVP audio or EMF readings, but the video they got this time was awesome.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-05-03, 10:36 PM #28
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Yeah, I saw the eps tonight, and this was the most they've gotten on camera. Usually it's EVP audio or EMF readings, but the video they got this time was awesome.

THANK U! haha someone else who saw it lol
2006-05-03, 10:46 PM #29
Christ, that show is boring. I've tried to watch episodes before, and I can't get more than ten minutes in before I start to lose my sanity. Seriously, everything I've seen is a bunch of talking heads reciting every friggin' stereotypical ghost encounter ever recorded. At least shows like "The Secret UFO Files of the KGB" made its half-truths and obviously faked evidence interesting. Plus, it was hosted by Roger Moore, which never hurts.
2006-05-04, 5:52 AM #30
I didn't need to see the show because I've already seen a ghost. With my own eyes! Yes, and I'm actually being serious.
2006-05-04, 6:26 AM #31
Originally posted by Primate:
Christ, that show is boring. I've tried to watch episodes before, and I can't get more than ten minutes in before I start to lose my sanity. Seriously, everything I've seen is a bunch of talking heads reciting every friggin' stereotypical ghost encounter ever recorded. At least shows like "The Secret UFO Files of the KGB" made its half-truths and obviously faked evidence interesting. Plus, it was hosted by Roger Moore, which never hurts.

I'm also not just sitting in front of the TV, usually I'm trying to get something done on the computer, and the TV is more of a distraction.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-05-04, 8:52 AM #32
Those orbs are stupid. Anyone knows that if you take a picture with a bad camera in a low light situation you will get that.
2006-05-04, 9:48 AM #33
Originally posted by Axis:
I didn't need to see the show because I've already seen a ghost. With my own eyes! Yes, and I'm actually being serious.

I'm curious. Explain in detail, maybe?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-05-04, 11:19 AM #34
Any sort of TV show is not going to have nearly enough concrete proof for ghosts.

Why?

Because ALL OF IT can be faked!
2006-05-04, 11:52 AM #35
everyone knows ghosts arent see through.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-04, 11:54 AM #36
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight:
Photo Provided by Dr. Harry C. Stafford

ITS MY DAD!
2006-05-04, 2:00 PM #37
"I like pudding. And Ghost Dad was the best movie I've seen since Leonard Part Six."
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!