Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Batman the animated series
Batman the animated series
2004-06-13, 9:37 PM #1
I used to love that show and i want to see some of it again for nostalgia purposes. (you know the one i'm talking about, right? it's the animated batman cartoon from the early 1990s.

Unfortunately, I'm too poor for cartoon network, and i'll be damned if I have to pay money to relive my own past (i'm sure the old eps are still aired on there, but under a different name)

does anyone know where i can download episodes from this series? (the dvd isn't out yet, and i've waited a decade to see these old episodes again, and my patience is totally gone)

I'm specifically looking for the episode entitled 'Heart of Ice". It's one of my favourites, and its the Mr. freeze origin episode.

I tried to grab it off of p2p, but people on there these days are a bunch of annoying pr*cks that let you wait until it's your turn in the download queue and then cut the connection. wankers. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

Please help if you can.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited June 14, 2004).]
2004-06-13, 10:02 PM #2
Actually, Cartoon Network doesn't air it. I sure wish they did, or atleast the Batman cartoon that came out after that, with the young Robin. Instead, they have their own, horrible, shows, such as Justice League (which atleast has Batman), Teen Titans (Justice League with kids, with young Robin as the leader), and Totally Spies (teenaged Charlie's Angels).

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-14, 12:27 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
Actually, Cartoon Network doesn't air it. I sure wish they did, or atleast the Batman cartoon that came out after that, with the young Robin. Instead, they have their own, horrible, shows, such as Justice League (which atleast has Batman), Teen Titans (Justice League with kids, with young Robin as the leader), and Totally Spies (teenaged Charlie's Angels).

</font>

Victor is the leader(Cyborg) of the Titans.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-06-14, 1:05 AM #4
Cartoon Network does air it, just not often. Usually during their off periods.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-06-14, 2:22 AM #5
if you just wait *one* month they will be out on DVD, I've currently got the first season preordered from Amazon.com

------------------
"I like my women how I like my coffee, in a plastic cup." - Eddie Izzard
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-06-14, 3:54 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THRAWN:
Victor is the leader(Cyborg) of the Titans.

</font>

Really? In the few episodes I've seen, they haven't straight out mentioned who the leader is, but Robin seems to be the one who takes charge.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-14, 4:04 AM #7
I'm pretty sure Robin is the leader since he is the one always barking out commands like "Titans! Go!" and the like. I highly doubt that Cyborg is because he never displayed leadership as far as I know.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-06-14, 4:09 AM #8
There was a Chevy, just a normal chevy, with nothing special about it. But if you make it supr, you can find the first season of Batman in it.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-06-14, 6:59 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Unfortunately, I'm too poor for cartoon network, and i'll be damned if I have to pay money to relive my own past (i'm sure the old eps are still aired on there, but under a different name)</font>
Ha ha. Cartoon Network comes standard from my cable company.
So [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] .

------------------
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you! You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical CodeĀ® (NECĀ®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-14, 2:21 PM #10
Why is Teen Titan so....Japanesefied? I mean the intro is sung in Japanese sometimes and once there was a Japanese song played on the show.
2004-06-14, 5:16 PM #11
Yeah, I'm sick of anime.

What i wouldn't give for some good old-fashioned USA animation.

Thats why i liked Batman The animated series so much-- the animation was great b/c the scenes were so dark and moody. It had a ton of atmosphere for a cartoon. Of course, when I was 10, i didn't give a f*** about all that
like i do now.

Vincent valentine: WTF are you talking about? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

2004-06-14, 5:25 PM #12
I loved the Batman series. It was very well done and really close to the comics. I'm hijacking this thread into a Post your Favorite Batman: The Animated Series Episode!

Mine was probably the ones with Clayface. great episodes.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-06-14, 5:32 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
Why is Teen Titan so....Japanesefied? I mean the intro is sung in Japanese sometimes and once there was a Japanese song played on the show.</font>

Because of Pokemon and the other exploited shows. Titans is a kids' show and since anime cartoons are usually assumed by network execs to be kids' shows.. We get stuck with anime-wannabe animation.

I really miss BTAS. CN hasn't showed it in a long while, and even when they did show it before they took it off it was hardly on. I think it was on at about 11:30pm only on Saturday. And they played mostly the lesser episodes.

If you want to download them, torrents are probably your best bets but are HUGE files. I'd just wait for the DVDs.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-06-14, 5:35 PM #14
Quote:
Why is Teen Titan so....Japanesefied? I mean the intro is sung in Japanese sometimes and once there was a Japanese song played on the show.</font>

The name of the band is the POLYSICS. Quite a good band, they are a sort of Japanese/English hybrid band that are very unique in their sound. They were picked because of the way the sound, a sort of high pitched whiny vocal section with a tempo that is way to high for it's own good. Perfect for ADD infused kids.

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-06-14, 5:50 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedigreedo:

If you want to download them, torrents are probably your best bets but are HUGE files. I'd just wait for the DVDs.

</font>

probably true. However, I will have my revenge for being forced to wait this long. i'm going to rent the dvd and rip the hell out of it, and divx-encode the lot.

------------------
2004-06-14, 6:43 PM #16
Ya know Pagey, that might, kinda, sorta be against the rules. To discuss that, I mean.

Anyways, yeah, the old show rocked. Gotta love Mark Hamill as the Joker.

But personally, my early-mid 90's cartoon show was X-Men. NOW that was the ****. I remember it being pretty mature, which was cool. Most of the episodes had a dark, gritty feel, with emotional ups and downs. Mostly downs.
2004-06-14, 7:00 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
Really? In the few episodes I've seen, they haven't straight out mentioned who the leader is, but Robin seems to be the one who takes charge.

</font>

In the comic series, Starfire and Cyborg are the leaders (though neither are teens). And Robin still wants to do her. Along with every other male on the team. But Starfire isn't interested.

------------------
2004-06-14, 7:08 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mister_Sinister:
Ya know Pagey, that might, kinda, sorta be against the rules. To discuss that, I mean.

</font>

Meh. The people that say they don't pirate (I prefer the term "permanent loan" myself [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] ) probably do it the most.

BTW, the networks earned it by pulling the series and leaving us high and dry for the past few years. The batman beyond series was good, but it just wasnt the same.

------------------

2004-06-14, 7:15 PM #19
Cartoons suck these days. Really, Batman Beyond was probably the last good show on TV. This new crap, Static Shock, X-Men Evolution, Xiaolin Showdown, Pokemon, Codename: Kids Next Door and for the love of GOD STOP PLAYING IT EVER OTHER SHOW, Ed, Edd and Eddie needs to just go away.

------------------
2004-06-14, 7:43 PM #20
Quote:
And Robin still wants to do her. Along with every other male on the team. But Starfire isn't interested.

</font>

Hehheh quite the opposite on the show, Star's been basically humping Robin's leg.

------------------
2004-06-14, 8:59 PM #21
Quote:
Cartoons suck these days. Really, Batman Beyond was probably the last good show on TV. This new crap, Static Shock, X-Men Evolution, Xiaolin Showdown, Pokemon, Codename: Kids Next Door and for the love of GOD STOP PLAYING IT EVER OTHER SHOW, Ed, Edd and Eddie needs to just go away.

</font>

Agreed. Kids these days are getting robbed of good cartoons and instead are being force-fed bad anime and sub-par entertainment.

I would like them to play stuff like the original X-men cartoon, the original spider man cartoon series, and the ORIGINAL Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles cartoon (the one from the late '80s/early 90's) not the new one.
(which is not too bad, but definitely inferior to the original)

The Highlander animated series was pretty good too, as was The old-school mighty Max cartoon.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited June 15, 2004).]
2004-06-15, 3:57 AM #22
My list of Cartoons I lived by while going to school:

Mighty Max( I don't know why, but this show appealed to me so much back in the day)

There was this peter pan cartoon that was pretty cool. Anybody remember that one?

Batman The animated series. Nuff said.

Spiderman. Now, that series rocked my socks off. I loved that show.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

maeve
2004-06-15, 12:45 PM #23
Yeah Spider-Man was a pretty cool series, I recently watched the first two episodes of it with Blade though and I was amazed at the censoring. Instead of a sword, Blade had some sort of lightsaber. And instead of Vampires being blood suckers or using their fangs, they sucked 'plasma' via suckers in their hands.

------------------
2004-06-15, 2:15 PM #24
Quote:
Yeah Spider-Man was a pretty cool series, I recently watched the first two episodes of it with Blade though and I was amazed at the censoring. Instead of a sword, Blade had some sort of lightsaber. And instead of Vampires being blood suckers or using their fangs, they sucked 'plasma' via suckers in their hands.

</font>

I believe I read somewhere that the Blade you see in the movie is different then the Blade in the comics. In the comic, he supposely use wooden knives and didn't sport the trenchcoat. Morbius, I think that's the name of the "vampire" in the episode you mentioned is different from all the other vampire. Below is an episode listing.
http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/cartoons/
By the way, you can still watch Spiderman on the Fox Family channel on Sunday morning. I believe they show two separate shows at 10:30 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Although the one at 11:00 p.m., is based on Spiderman 2099 or something like that. It's basically Spiderman set in a different universe, the animation quality is very good even to this day.

The new TMNT is actually pretty good. It's actually somewhat darker than the one we used to seeing. I believe it's truer to the comics with Stockman being Black and Casey Jones making an appearance.
2004-06-15, 3:49 PM #25
I love to Batman animated series from the early 90s. The shows looked nice, good characters and gook storylines (I think.)

I also love the Superman cartoon segments (I think they were like 15 minutes long or something) from the 50s or 60s. I talking about the ones that had deep shadows and looked quite nice.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-06-15, 4:03 PM #26
Quote:
I believe I read somewhere that the Blade you see in the movie is different then the Blade in the comics.</font>

Yeah I know he's different in the comics, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that instead of a sword or something, they had to change it to a lightsaber thing. I guess people getting hacked at with a glowing rod is more appropriate. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
2004-06-15, 5:41 PM #27
Quote:

</font>

Morbius was always like this. He never sucked the blood like a normal vampire, but rather through his hands. And as far as the laser sword, remember, even the cops used laser guns instead of guns with bullets.

------------------
2004-06-15, 9:08 PM #28
*cough*eMule*cough*

Only problem is you have to leave the program on constantly... it takes about 5 or 6 hours then it downloads pretty much at around 20-40kb/sec, for me. Of course, you need to try and download a lot of different files at once.

For, you know, strictly legit purposes.

I believe I have, aah, seen Batman TAS on there. 80 megs or so per episode...
2004-06-20, 5:41 AM #29
WinMX.

I've downloaded nearly twenty episodes since first reading this thread. Merely as an experiment of course.

------------------
Have you forgotten ...
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2004-06-20, 5:46 AM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wookie06:
WinMX.

I've downloaded nearly twenty episodes since first reading this thread. Merely as an experiment of course.

</font>

I've tried that, but no one will let me download. Like i said earlier, I wait in line until its my turn and then the p***k on the other end breaks the connection.

------------------
2004-06-20, 6:08 AM #31
Morbius wasn't your everyday vampire. He was called "The Living Vampire" He looked normal during the day, but at night, he turned into a plasma sucking creature.

------------------

maeve
2004-06-20, 6:26 AM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

I've tried that, but no one will let me download. Like i said earlier, I wait in line until its my turn and then the p***k on the other end breaks the connection.
</font>

Try connecting to Wookie06781

------------------
Have you forgotten ...
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2004-06-20, 8:26 AM #33
I actually remember watching the debut episode of the Batman series. It was with Catwoman, and that chick with the long black hair was the "bad guy". The episode that I remember the best I believe was the second one, with Batman fighting the scientist who turned into a bat. I don't know why, but that episode is the one I have the most vivid memories of. The Clayface ones were good though I must admit. I also always thought the Riddler episodes were cool.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!

↑ Up to the top!