Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Speakin of Teh Sex
Speakin of Teh Sex
2006-05-05, 11:42 AM #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12615605/site/newsweek/from/ET/

More radical changes from Emperor...i mean Pope Benedict XVI.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-05-05, 11:48 AM #2
BENEDETTO! *clap clap clap clap clap* BENEDETTO! *clap clap clap clap clap*
BENEDETTO! *clap clap clap clap clap* BENEDETTO! *clap clap clap clap clap*
Think while it's still legal.
2006-05-05, 11:53 AM #3
right cause we all know maritial sex is BAD.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-05-05, 12:49 PM #4
Condoms kill life?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-05-05, 12:50 PM #5
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
right cause we all know maritial sex is BAD.

If you're not trying to make a baby, it is, according to the Catholic Church. The only form of "birth control" they condone is having sex after the woman's period is complete.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-05, 12:52 PM #6
so, I plan on having two kids... Does that mean once they're out and alive, I'm not allowed to have sex with my wife?

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-05-05, 12:55 PM #7
Me, personally, I say of course not. To say that sex is only for making babies is stupid and *** backwards. But, I'm not one to take what a large organiztion says as the only way to do things.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-05, 1:10 PM #8
"Every sperm is sacred ..."
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-05-05, 1:24 PM #9
So wait...every time I wish to screw my wife, I have to confess afterwards? O_o

Here's what I have to say to that: All you married Catholics, get to screwing.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-05-05, 1:25 PM #10
Originally posted by Impi:

hahahahah.

ideed it is.

/never liked the church anyway. They should concentrate more on priests molesting 5yr old boys bcuz they cant get any secks from the misses.
Pie.
2006-05-05, 1:28 PM #11
This article is so long yet - says so little.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-05-05, 2:15 PM #12
Catholic doctrine doesn't give "every sperm is sacred" as the reasoning behind saying birth control is wrong. It also doesn't say you can't have sex with your wife. As was mentioned, the supported method is not having sex during the relatively brief period where the woman is capable of getting pregnant (3 days or so?).

The moral issue is making sex into something base and only about pleasure. I sincerely doubt the investigation will change anything.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-05-05, 2:22 PM #13
But sex is about pleasure. If it wasn't, God wouldn't have made it so... pleasurable.

The bible says that a man should leave his family and cleave to his wife and they should become one flesh... Sex (whether or not you intend to have children) is a pretty big part of becoming one flesh.

2006-05-05, 2:43 PM #14
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
So wait...every time I wish to screw my wife, I have to confess afterwards? O_o

Here's what I have to say to that: All you married Catholics, get to screwing.

JG is married?

:eek:
2006-05-05, 3:00 PM #15

Monty Python FTW
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-05-05, 3:04 PM #16
Interesting.

I read this: "What Benedict did about two months ago"

as: "When Benedict died two months ago"

Slight WTF moment there.
2006-05-05, 3:48 PM #17
Quote:
But sex is about pleasure. If it wasn't, God wouldn't have made it so... pleasurable.

Don't get me really started, but I thought to mention that in some churches, all things worldly and pleasureable is considered a sin.
2006-05-05, 4:21 PM #18
Originally posted by Anovis:
Don't get me really started, but I thought to mention that in some churches, all things worldly and pleasureable is considered a sin.

:confused:

How does that work out?
Pretty much everything people do in life would be considered a sin. Find pleasure in volunteering at your local soup kitchen?
Oops, you're going to hell.
2006-05-05, 4:24 PM #19
ahh, but he said worldly and pleasurable. Obviously volunteering at a soup kitchen is not worldly.

*shrug*

I don't know... That's really the main problem I have with Catholicism. They make things *way* too complicated. I don't think Jesus ever said "Thou Shall not use birth control." or even "Thou shall not have sex unless you're planning on making babies." All it says is that you shouldn't have sex with anyone other than your wife.

2006-05-05, 4:27 PM #20
Originally posted by Stinkywrix:

How does that work out?
Pretty much everything people do in life would be considered a sin. Find pleasure in volunteering at your local soup kitchen?

In early southern Baptist, they believed that everything pleasureable was a sin. Even women. Back then they called them "Footwashin' Baptist".

>.>

Okay maybe that was just in To Kill a Mockingbird, but still! They were a very conservative Church. Some might say they still are today.

However, their beliefs has changed heavily since then, and to my knowledge, they don't think that anymore.

ahh, but he said worldly and pleasurable. Obviously volunteering at a soup kitchen is not worldly.

*shrug*

I don't know... That's really the main problem I have with Catholicism. They make things *way* too complicated. I don't think Jesus ever said "Thou Shall not use birth control." or even "Thou shall not have sex unless you're planning on making babies." All it says is that you shouldn't have sex with anyone other than your wife.

To a Catholic, this must be weighed heavily until they decide if it's okay or not. It's not that it's complicated, but that they're trying to make a stronger meaning in their relationship with Jesus and the secular life.

I should also mention that the Pope is like the President; everything is important to them, and the media sometimes overpublicize things, because they are that important.
2006-05-05, 4:41 PM #21

*shrug*

That's exactly why I could care less what the pope or the organization has to say. They should focus on making information available then letting people make their own decision.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-05, 4:46 PM #22
Originally posted by Avenger:
That's exactly why I could care less what the pope or the organization has to say. They should focus on making information available then letting people make their own decision.

Doing so will break hundredss of years of tradition!

>.>
2006-05-05, 4:47 PM #23
Good. Most of that tradition **** on what the Early "church" actually was all about.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-05, 5:03 PM #24
Originally posted by Stinkywrix:

How does that work out?

That's the idea. Once they have you feeling all guilty, they can tell you the only way to salvation is to do whatever they tell you. :p
2006-05-05, 5:20 PM #25

<3 monty python
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-05-05, 5:21 PM #26
This is why religion is so messed up in our time. When it comes down to it, Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me." Christianity is incredibly simple. Believe that Jesus is the son of God, and ask Him for salvation and you've got it. All the things that we consider "sin" don't have anything to do with our salvation.. They only show us why we need salvation.

2006-05-05, 5:23 PM #27
Originally posted by Nitropenguin:

/never liked the church anyway. They should concentrate more on priests molesting 5yr old boys bcuz they cant get any secks from the misses.

DEMS FIGHTING WORDS NEWBIE!

Thank god i am not tied down by religion.

Thank god i am tied down to the bed by my Girlfriend for a hot sesh.

(ya see what I did there? see what i did? yeh, clever)
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-05, 5:26 PM #28
This is why religion is so messed up in our time. When it comes down to it, Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me." Christianity is incredibly simple. Believe that Jesus is the son of God, and ask Him for salvation and you've got it. All the things that we consider "sin" don't have anything to do with our salvation.. They only show us why we need salvation.

3 2 1 FIGHT
Attachment: 11719/victoly.jpg (14,766 bytes)
2006-05-05, 5:27 PM #29
wow, you type incredibly well for being tied down... And it's kinda weird that your girlfriend lets you browse the internet during sex.

Anovis: wha? :confused:

2006-05-05, 5:29 PM #30
wow, you type incredibly well for being tied down... And it's kinda weird that your girlfriend lets you browse the internet during sex.

Anovis: wha? :confused:

For the first part: It's every nerd's ability to do such things.

For the question, DEM R FIGHTIN' WORDS.

Especially because JediGandalf is Catholic. And he has a bannstaff
2006-05-05, 5:32 PM #31

That what the Church wants you to believe now. You have to remember that Jesus never envisioned anything like the church is today. He was Jewish, mind you.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-05, 5:57 PM #32
heh, well I don't have any problems with Catholics... They're welcome to believe what they want, and as long as they get the main point then I believe they'll obtain salvation. I just think they're making it lot harder on themselves than it has to be.

2006-05-05, 6:17 PM #33
I bet the Pope's just doing this to get in on the luuuurve-making.

The "eggs Benedict" line would probably work pretty well.
Stuff
2006-05-06, 5:31 PM #34
[quote=Bounty Hunter 4 hire]As was mentioned, the supported method is not having sex during the relatively brief period where the woman is capable of getting pregnant (3 days or so?).[/quote]

This doesn't make much sense. I hope I misunderstood you, but if I didn't, you think that women can (only) get pregnant when they have their period?
幻術
2006-05-06, 5:44 PM #35
Originally posted by kyle90:
I bet the Pope's just doing this to get in on the luuuurve-making.

The "eggs Benedict" line would probably work pretty well.

LMAO
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-07, 5:33 AM #36
Originally posted by Koobie:
This doesn't make much sense. I hope I misunderstood you, but if I didn't, you think that women can (only) get pregnant when they have their period?

I guess he ment period in the original sense of "reoccuring time-frame".
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-05-07, 8:41 AM #37
I believe the woman ovulates, and the egg is then capable of being fertilized for 2 days, give or take. Sperm can survive for longer so I think it leaves a window of only about 3-5 days a month where sex can result in pregnancy. It's often refered to under the title of natural family planning.
2006-05-07, 8:53 AM #38
hhmmm...
Pie.
2006-05-07, 9:46 AM #39
Originally posted by Koobie:

Not exactly. It's the few days before the period that a woman is most likely to get pregnant. After the period is comepleted is when she is least likely. It's not 100% in either case.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-07, 10:07 PM #40
There was the old "rhythm method" that wasn't very accurate and involved some assumptions, and the one taught now that involves checking pH levels and mucus consistency, and other stuff that makes it extremely effective except in cases when it's done wrong or if the woman ovulates upon orgasm (which apparently happens in a small percentage of women).

It sounds weird but apparently it works and the thought is that the couple then has to seek to understand and respect their fertility instead of medicating it as though it were a disease.

I think a main thing to take away from the article is that Benedict apparently isn't the "conservative nazi" everyone made him out to be. I personally doubt anything will change, but he's encouraging discussion on a subject even John Paul II wouldn't really.

↑ Up to the top!