Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → JKHub HCP Level Contest Polls!
JKHub HCP Level Contest Polls!
2006-05-06, 8:20 AM #1
I decided I'd crosspost with the news since most of you don't visit the main page:

The JKHub's First Annual Hub CTF Level Pack Contest has opened the polls!

You can rate maps on a scale from 1-5, changing the order in which the maps will appear in the pack, as well as showing proper honor to the map's developer.

Click here to rate SuperStar CTF.
Click here to rate CTF_Tribes.
Click here to rate Blastside.
Click here to rate Dralloc CTF.

Polls close May 12th
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-05-06, 8:41 AM #2
It's important that people from massassi at least vote. We're having some issues with personal fueds and vendettas swaying the voting in favor of a particular map. Few people are actually PLAYING the maps and rating them on their true value, and instead are using their vote as an attack on the authors of the maps, potentially mocking my contest. I'd really appreciate if a handful of people could contribute their opinions, and add some validity back into my contest. Thanks!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-05-06, 8:52 AM #3
Yes, more playing and voting of the maps would be greatly appreciated. :)
-Hell Raiser
2006-05-06, 8:56 AM #4
It's been a while since I've played JK... is there any way to arrange real games (say 2v2) on these maps?
2006-05-06, 9:03 AM #5
Yeah. Pop into #JKHub on zirc and we'll be happy to rev up a game. We'll be doing heavy playing of the maps this coming week.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-05-06, 9:04 AM #6
Vorn, find me on MSN (sarn.cadrill {a} gmail [dot] com). I'm almost always up for a game.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-05-06, 10:43 AM #7
The hell with the polls. It's slanted as **** because all those zoners have a grudge against anyone who doesn't accept them. My map has the worst rating overall, and the basis for those ratings are from people who haven't even played the map. You should've done the right thing and had a panel of judges, just like the last hub contest.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2006-05-06, 11:12 AM #8
We did the voting thing in order to incorporate the community more. It's sad when your community mocks an attempt to include them by fudging the entire system.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-05-06, 11:32 AM #9
Damn, I should have made a map. Only four maps is kind of a sad showing.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-05-06, 12:52 PM #10
As cool as JK CTF is, having a CTF map pack at this stage in JK's life was a probably not a wise decision. CTF involves complicated cogwork that discourages novice editors, whereas another DM pack would have had far more people participating. Oh well, I'm sure I'll play it at some point, just don't feel like it right now. I've still got to get Somnolence released.

Maybe the hub can have a small SP contest sometime, since they seem to be encouraging different JK map types.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-05-06, 12:56 PM #11
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
As cool as JK CTF is, having a CTF map pack at this stage in JK's life was a probably not a wise decision.

We tried to tell him that, but he wouldn't listen. He never does.

There is no point in voting. There are FOUR maps. Any fewer and it wouldn't be a pack at all. Just include them all.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-05-06, 1:37 PM #12
Not to mention that the votes will be very skewed since #JK'ers will be downvoting the ones made by the authors they don't like.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-05-06, 10:38 PM #13
There are just four maps for a level pack...do you really need voting?

I mean, JK editing isn't the hottest thing these days. So do you really need voting and "heavy playing" to decide which maps from an already small number to include in a pack?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-05-07, 6:47 AM #14
The voting is primarily for bragging rights and arrangement in the pack, obviously with 4 entries you're not going to be scrutinising the levels for dflt.mat underneath dark staircases and discarding those levels. If any of the levels had been of abysmal quality, they probably would have been discarded though.

It's a community map pack, not an attempt to create the greatest CTF level ever.
2006-05-07, 2:49 PM #15
Originally posted by GHORG:
The voting is primarily for bragging rights and arrangement in the pack, obviously with 4 entries you're not going to be scrutinising the levels for dflt.mat underneath dark staircases and discarding those levels. If any of the levels had been of abysmal quality, they probably would have been discarded though.

It's a community map pack, not an attempt to create the greatest CTF level ever.

Thank you.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-05-08, 2:37 PM #16
Is it me or is there something fishy between Dralloc CTF and Blastside with the votes? (look at total vote # and vote scores)
2006-05-08, 2:38 PM #17
Yeah. We had some fishy voters. :gbk:
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-05-08, 3:36 PM #18
Some? It's just nonesense being spewed by certain individuals that think we're trying to destroy the whole zoner "community". Notice how I also rounded up a group of people to cast horrible votes on other people's projects. I honestly love this crap, because eventually they'll push some op over the edge and there will be a great banning.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2006-05-08, 4:23 PM #19
Bans on JKHub don't stick, even when they should. The zoners know that so they don't care.

Bunch of reprobates.
2006-05-08, 9:49 PM #20
Who are these "Zoners"?
2006-05-08, 10:23 PM #21
4. levels. Nuff. Said. This. is. pointless.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-05-08, 10:58 PM #22
Originally posted by Echoman:
Who are these "Zoners"?
ret and his merry band of child molesters.

↑ Up to the top!