Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mission Impossible III
Mission Impossible III
2006-05-06, 10:21 AM #1
I just got back from seeing it. My god. It was the best of the three films in my opinion. Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of the coolest bad guys I've ever seen in any film. He was very blunt and to the point. The action never stops in the movie. Don't go to the bathroom, or talk to your friend, or even blink for that matter, because you'll miss something really cool. Who else has seen this? Opinions?
Think while it's still legal.
2006-05-06, 10:23 AM #2
Hven;t seen it yet, but that's exactly what I've heard about the movie. I'm probably going to see it next week.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-06, 10:34 AM #3
i should have seen that instead of scary movie 4 last night.

:(
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2006-05-06, 10:57 AM #4
Pretty much what I expected. Action with predictable plot twists. The action was good, and if you want to see it there's no substitute for the big screen, so spend your $7 there and don't waste money on renting or buying the DVD. Hoffman was the seller for me, I wanted to see how good he was as a villain - and he pulled it off well. The other reason I wanted to see it was for the one scene where Cruise gets blasted into the side of a car, and that scene didn't disappoint either. First-rate action, second-rate plot. Good popcorn flick.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-05-06, 10:57 AM #5
Tom Cruise dies

It was much better than MI2. Plenty of plot twists and such.

I loved how they don't even tell you what the r a b b i t 's f o o t is
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-05-06, 11:03 AM #6
It can't exactly get much worse than MI2.
nope.
2006-05-06, 1:03 PM #7
Yeah Veger, kind of like the "gold case" in Pulp Fiction

I enjoyed MI3. Philip Seymour Hoffman was such a badass.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-05-06, 2:43 PM #8
Would I have to see the first two MI's to understand the third one?
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2006-05-06, 3:34 PM #9
No.
2006-05-06, 4:14 PM #10
saw it as a free, advance screening :-D
2006-05-06, 4:16 PM #11
Originally posted by Baconfish:
It can't exactly get much worse than MI2.

Ugh, Tom Cruise, go home.

And take your foolish ugly gf with you.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-06, 6:23 PM #12
Gonna see it soon. It seems like the first summer blockbuster.
2006-05-06, 6:35 PM #13
MI:2 was awesome. You're a crack head.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-05-06, 6:58 PM #14
I'm pretty sure John Woo is the one who is a crack head.
2006-05-06, 7:24 PM #15
MI:2 sucked. Bad writing, mediocre action sequences, and OMG EVERYONE HAS A MASK! LOLLAR SKATES

That said, MI:3 was great. Good writing, and I like how they showed the technical process of mask-making. Good action sequences.

Also...

SHAUN OF THE IT
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-05-07, 1:33 AM #16
The story sucked. Not at any point throughout the film was the story remotely plausible. Big improvement over MI:2 but seemed like the first movie just redone with better action. However I did enjoy the whole vatican thing, it brought back the old '88 MI tele-series days. Also Maggie Q was hot.
2006-05-07, 9:27 PM #17
It turns out I just can't bare seeing women get killed. Or fake-killed. :(
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-07, 10:43 PM #18
Spoiler post here...

I'm having trouble understanding why Kerri Russel identified Morpheus as the traitor, but when the "true" traitor wants to know what she said, Hunt feels a need to keep it top secret. Couldnt he just easily say "oh yea, she thought Morpheus was the traitor" and save his wife's life instead of biting the guys hand holding the cell phone to his ear for an elaborate escape scene? Someone explain this to me plzkthx
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-05-08, 4:05 AM #19
They would have killed him and her. At least thats how I see it.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-08, 9:12 AM #20
I can't see this movie knowing Tom Cruise is crazy. They'll say something like, "hello, Mr. Hunt", but all I'll hear is "crazy crazy crazy".
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-05-08, 3:25 PM #21
the only reason i want to see it is Simon Pegg
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-05-08, 3:30 PM #22
Simon Pegg is in it?

FTW!!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}