Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → shuttle Xpc systems?
shuttle Xpc systems?
2006-05-06, 2:38 PM #1
up untillast week i hadnever heard of shuttle Xpc's i went to bestvuy and they had one on clearance sale for 550$ it has an athlon 64 3800+, 1024 gb pc3200 ddr memory, Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB DDR AGP, 250 gig hard drive. i went ahead and got it, and so far it runs everything superbly. i just got the game oblivion and it runs seamlessly. has anyone else had any experience with this manufacturer? is there anything im missing like thesecomputer have a tendancy to implode, or did i actually get a good deal?
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2006-05-06, 3:45 PM #2
Are you drunk or something? Because that was pretty bad as far as grammar/understandability go.

I don't really know what you have, other than the fact that you definitely have a slot supporting AGP (may be one of those AGP/PCI-E hybrids).
D E A T H
2006-05-06, 3:57 PM #3
sorry bout the grammar. i am horrible at spelling and slightly dyslexic and sloppy on top of all of that. :o
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2006-05-06, 4:09 PM #4
guessing you probably have a variant on this.

From what I've read of shuttle they are supposed to be pretty good systems, small and compact yet giving good performance.

The one area your system is going to fall down is on the graphics card front, it's very likely that in the next generation of graphics cards there won't be any AGP cards released, which leaves you with the 7800GS as the best card you'll ever be able to get.

Other than that it looks like a good system for the money.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-05-06, 4:30 PM #5
why yes that is exactly what it is. thats kind of depressing aboutte video card bit, but... this system should be able to hold me over for a few years anyhow. as long as it doesnt blow up or anything... :em321:
2006-05-06, 6:43 PM #6
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
why yes that is exactly what it is. thats kind of depressing aboutte video card bit, but... this system should be able to hold me over for a few years anyhow. as long as it doesnt blow up or anything... :em321:

I doubt your video card will be able to play the next generation of games.
2006-05-07, 12:13 AM #7
As a previous owner of a Shuttle, I can say you got a pretty damn good deal on that. Normally just the Shuttle itself, without a processor, memory, or graphics card usually would go for around $400.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-05-07, 3:35 AM #8
Shuttles are neat.

But obviously there are space issues. Hold on to your drivers cds.

Infact, I recomend ghosting your entire fresh install with everything working onto a DVD. If you lose your sound drivers, or motherboard drivers, you're basically screwed. My older brother has a shuttle, and his sound card drivers didn't come on a CD. And he already has his PCI slot filled.

↑ Up to the top!