Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Having trouble installing Red Alert 2 on Windows XP...
Having trouble installing Red Alert 2 on Windows XP...
2004-06-19, 6:48 PM #1
I bought the Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge pack at Fry's the other day for like $10 because it's such a good game.

However, on the box it doesn't say it supports Windows XP. When I try to run it it gives a Microsoft Error Report. Does the same thing if I try to run it in any compatibility modes, except for Windows NT mode, where it just says that there's no CD in the CD-Rom, when the CD obviously is.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Anyone running RA2 on Windows XP?

------------------
The Matrix is not Linux compatible.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-06-19, 6:50 PM #2
I have run RA2 on XP before, never had a problem... that is weird.
2004-06-19, 6:55 PM #3
I had that very same problem with RA C&C, I think I installed it using the command prompt and typing D: to get to the CD drive, then typing SETUP.EXE.

It installed the DOS version of the game and I had a few sound issues, but I think that's how I did it.

------------------
*Takes out his blaster and fires shots at the wall, the blastmarks leave the words "S-TROOPER WUZ 'ERE!!!"
2004-06-19, 7:03 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
I have run RA2 on XP before, never had a problem... that is weird.</font>
QFE

S'always worked fine for me. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the original C&C: RA installed on XP. That was the best one in the series, and it refuses to work. Westwood needs to re-release it for XP.
2004-06-20, 12:01 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Omicron88:
QFE

S'always worked fine for me. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the original C&C: RA installed on XP. That was the best one in the series, and it refuses to work. Westwood needs to re-release it for XP.

</font>

See stormtrooper's post

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!