Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A Far Cry Thread
A Far Cry Thread
2004-06-19, 7:33 PM #1
Far Cry is one of the only games that I am going to complete on singleplayer. It's the first time I've ever really gotten into a game. The only thing is, this game scares the living CRAP out of me! Those mutants just go FLYING out of nowhere and BAM right in your face. AGH!!!!

[http://sajn.phearwear.com/farmutants.jpg]

So, how far are you in Far Cry?

I am in the level after you get the night vision goggles, not sure of it's name.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-19, 7:36 PM #2
ok so when in the development of far cry did they decide to start working on doom 3?

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-06-19, 7:37 PM #3
Far Cry DOESN'T SUCK. That's the difference between FC and D3. FC the entire game revolves around mutants. Scary ones too. Not flying octagon skulls and upside down spiders.

[http://sajn.phearwear.com/FarCry0022.jpg]

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 19, 2004).]
2004-06-19, 7:39 PM #4
Please say spoilers. Now I know there are Mutants... and I didn't want to because I don't have the game yet [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
2004-06-19, 7:40 PM #5
They talk about mutants in every FC review, the 2nd demo had mutants....The entire games storyline...is about mutants. I really didn't give away anything.

------------------
2004-06-19, 7:42 PM #6
Well I didn't read any reviews [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
Oh well, I guess the games been out a bit now anyway.
2004-06-19, 7:52 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Far Cry DOESN'T SUCK. That's the difference between FC and D3. FC the entire game revolves around mutants. Scary ones too. Not flying octagon skulls and upside down spiders.

</font>

wow i like how you base your opinion on a game that isn't even released on it's screenshots... and how many times must i explain doom3's monsters are not mutants they are creatures from HELL

and the scares in doom3 are not about the appaerance of the monsters... also doom3 isn't supposed to be about scaring the crap out of you but to create a tense action packed video game experience

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-06-19, 7:55 PM #8
/hugs Half-Life 2 and it's ...yeah what you said game experience.

Oh well, it's pointless to argue about it now, we just need to wait for them to be released.

/waits

------------------

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 19, 2004).]
2004-06-19, 8:04 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
also doom3 isn't supposed to be about scaring the crap out of you but to create a tense action packed video game experience.</font>

I thought they guarentee that D3 is supposed to make you soil yourself.
2004-06-19, 10:01 PM #10
I've finsished Far Cry. Hell of a game. Best single player FPS I've played since DX

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-06-20, 4:54 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
wow i like how you base your opinion on a game that isn't even released on it's screenshots... and how many times must i explain doom3's monsters are not mutants they are creatures from HELL

and the scares in doom3 are not about the appaerance of the monsters... also doom3 isn't supposed to be about scaring the crap out of you but to create a tense action packed video game experience

</font>

Thats not true, theres an quote from ong of the developers of D3 that he actaully says something along the lines of:

"We are making this game so you will **** yourself while playing".

------------------
[="Mothers stop cooking take off your aprons; Fathers stop looking at every sports station; Take a second, and think of every poor nation." - Nas=]

Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[This message has been edited by Sol (edited June 20, 2004).]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-06-20, 5:01 AM #12
Ugh. I didn't know there were mutants either, and i've read reviews for the game too. And now I even know that they jump out at you.

The bits of the demo I played were indeed awesome though.
2004-06-20, 7:05 AM #13
Um... Far Cry Doesn't suck. But how the hell would you know that Doom III sucks? Have you played the final game? I didn't think so.

------------------
Please send me e-mail...
2004-06-20, 11:43 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
also doom3 isn't supposed to be about scaring the crap out of you but to create a tense action packed video game experience.

I thought they guarentee that D3 is supposed to make you soil yourself.
</font>

There are. *shudders* At least there were in the Alpha (omq warez)

------------------
There is no signature

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited June 20, 2004).]
D E A T H
2004-06-20, 12:32 PM #15
Great game, would go as far as to say it's one of the best shooters out there.

*Spoilers*

Just got past the level where you're dropped out of the helicopter and only a few bullets with hundreds of mutants around you. Probably one of the best levels I've ever played. The excitement you get while running from hundreds of mutants chasing you, trying to get to the river so they can't follow you is awesome. Then you gotta traverse the volcano with flowing lava all around... IMO, this game kicks Halo's *** .

------------------
Space Colony Inc. Phoenix Suburban City Dereliction
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."

↑ Up to the top!