Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Blizzard's Big Conference is Today
Blizzard's Big Conference is Today
2006-05-10, 3:57 AM #1
What do you want to hear them say?

I personally am voting for Starcraft 2
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-05-10, 4:03 AM #2
Well, I want to hear about StarCraft 2, but I guess they are working on Diablo 3 at the moment.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-05-10, 4:11 AM #3
I want a release date for Ghost that isn't 2010.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-05-10, 4:19 AM #4
i voted all of them, simply because the more varied content that blizzard put out, the happier i'll be, since their games are of lovely quality and fun.
2006-05-10, 4:26 AM #5
Checkbox poll; voted all.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2006-05-10, 5:35 AM #6
DIABLO III

and blizzards are cold lol
2006-05-10, 6:13 AM #7
Starcraft 2!!!!
2006-05-10, 9:19 AM #8
Blizzards are cold!
2006-05-10, 9:36 AM #9
I think it's gonna be another MMORPG...Blizzard bought a **** load of servers not too long ago.
2006-05-10, 9:59 AM #10
Warcraft 4: The revenge! New warcraft console game! New warcraft themed resort!
2006-05-10, 10:00 AM #11
DIABLO 3

My head would pop off in joy if they announce Diablo 3. OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASEEEEE MAKE THE SEQUEL TO THE BEST GAME EVER MADEEEEE
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-05-10, 10:05 AM #12
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]I think it's gonna be another MMORPG...Blizzard bought a **** load of servers not too long ago.[/QUOTE]
For WoW. The WoW servers are HORRIBLY overloaded.
D E A T H
2006-05-10, 10:23 AM #13
Oh.
2006-05-10, 10:32 AM #14
There's rumors that some of those servers will be used for diablo 3 though. ;)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-05-10, 10:40 AM #15
Why the **** is Diablo the best game ever made?

I seriously don't see the appeal in clicking things over and over and over again.

Thats all you freaking do. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK.
2006-05-10, 10:50 AM #16
Then you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Play the game before you mouth off.
2006-05-10, 11:22 AM #17
He has. And so have I. Diablo was nice, Diablo 2 was interesting, but overall...not engaging/enthralling at all. I'd rather wait for Hellgate: London, especially considering the man responsible for putting all the goodness into pretty much every Blizzard franchise moved to Flagship studios.
D E A T H
2006-05-10, 11:24 AM #18
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]He has. And so have I. Diablo was nice, Diablo 2 was interesting, but overall...not engaging/enthralling at all. I'd rather wait for Hellgate: London, especially considering the man responsible for putting all the goodness into pretty much every Blizzard franchise moved to Flagship studios.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Btw, you don't happen to have Diablo 1 and 2 to ship with your pc4sale hmmmmmm? :em321:
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-10, 11:25 AM #19
Diablo 3 would own. I love mindless violence. Diablo delivers like none other.

I want nothing more than to smite evil with a large sword.
>>untie shoes
2006-05-10, 11:29 AM #20
...by repeatedly clicking the left mouse button.

I really don't see the amusement factor in fighting things in isometric games. There's very little skill involved in that aspect of a Diablo-esque game.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-10, 11:29 AM #21
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Then you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Play the game before you mouth off.

I've played all the way upto the hell level.

It wasn't getting any better, so I tried multiplayer. Just as freaking boring.

So I uninstalled it for good.
2006-05-10, 11:30 AM #22
I just want something addicting. Recent games haven't been able to keep my interest long.

Rob: You're just the odd man out here.
2006-05-10, 11:32 AM #23
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
...by repeatedly clicking the left mouse button.

I really don't see the amusement factor in fighting things in isometric games. There's very little skill involved in that aspect of a Diablo-esque game.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
2006-05-10, 11:35 AM #24
Actually.

I had like, a really powerful bone wall. So I'd wall myself up somewhere, and have my like 5 skeletons, and the golum dudes wail on whatever it was. While I threw Bone Spear out at like a mad man.
2006-05-10, 11:44 AM #25
Bone wall use to be awesome in butchering barbarians in PvP. Cast a lot of bone wall and cast iron maiden on the barbarian...

"Bob was slain by an evil force."
2006-05-10, 12:18 PM #26
Originally posted by Rob:
Why the **** is Diablo the best game ever made?

I seriously don't see the appeal in clicking things over and over and over again.

Thats all you freaking do. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK.

And you don't do that in 99% of all games?
2006-05-10, 12:23 PM #27
Yeah but you click and do different things in other games.

Instead of CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK

KILLBORRINGREPETATIVEMONSTERSKILLBORRINGREPETATIVEMONSTERSKILLBORRINGREPETATIVEMONSTERSKILLBORRINGREPETATIVEMONSTERSKILLBORRINGREPETATIVEMONSTERSKILLBORRINGREPETATIVEMONSTERSKILLBORRINGREPETATIVEMONSTERSKILLBORRINGREPETATIVEMONSTERSCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK

Thats all you freaking did in that game. It was boring as hell.
2006-05-10, 12:37 PM #28
Nah, you're still describing most other games.
2006-05-10, 12:42 PM #29
I don't see how they could pull off a Diablo 3, since the story essentially ended with LoD. All three prime evils have been destroyed. Diablo's dead for good this time. There's not much left to do, really.
Moo.
2006-05-10, 12:48 PM #30
Do a diablo prequel or something.

Diablo ftw.

(but diablo 2 sucked a bit)
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-10, 12:50 PM #31
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Blizzards are cold!

lol
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-05-10, 1:40 PM #32
Originally posted by Freelancer:
You have no idea what you're talking about.

No, I think he does know what he's talking about. The only skill in Diablo is building your skill tree. There's absolutely no skill in the real gameplay. Even building your skill tree isn't hard. Just takes time and a bit of experience with each skill.

[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]I just want something addicting. Recent games haven't been able to keep my interest long.

Rob: You're just the odd man out here.[/QUOTE]
1) Wait for Hellgate: London. What most people are missing is almost everything coming out of Blizzard these days is a cash cow. They stopped with innovation after Roper left. WoW? Seriously, it's a great MMO, but only because it takes all the best parts of existing MMOs and combines them into one. Diablo 3? Like Cow said, the storyline's wrapped up--where could they possibly go with this? Roper went to Flagship Studios which is working on Hellgate: London, which WILL trump Diablo 3, I guaran-****ing-tee.

2) He's not the "odd man out". If you haven't noticed, a few people have backed up his opinion. God forbid someone not like getting carpal tunnel syndrome from trying to beat Diablo for the 13912359235th time.
D E A T H
2006-05-10, 1:44 PM #33
I agree about Diablo. I tried it several times and never saw the appeal.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-05-10, 1:57 PM #34
Diablo was awesome for the actual ambiance and atmosphere, the sheer darkness of it (especially in D1's time) was great.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-10, 2:30 PM #35
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
I don't see how they could pull off a Diablo 3, since the story essentially ended with LoD. All three prime evils have been destroyed. Diablo's dead for good this time. There's not much left to do, really.

I always suspected that the destruction of the soul stones and the world-stone(?) at the and of LoD was the Evils' true plan.
After you killed Izual he says something along the lines that he told the Evils about the soul stones and how to destroy them, so I suspect that they were in reality bound by them, but are now free.
And I think Tyrael says something about unpredictable events now that the world-stone has been destroyed.
This would be the only reason, why I'd want a Diablo 3. To see if my predictions come even close. But more than everything I want to know how StarCraft goes on. That story wasn't wrapped up at all. And I don't want know stupid console-game. I want the only RTS I could ever have fun with (apart from WarCraft 3, but that still pales in comparison to the greatness of StarCraft).
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-05-10, 2:40 PM #36
I think Blizzard is scared to truly make something in the Starcraft universe. I think they believe if they don't make a 100% kickass game, they'll be shunned for life.
2006-05-10, 3:13 PM #37
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]I think Blizzard is scared to truly make something in the Starcraft universe. I think they believe if they don't make a 100% kickass game, they'll be shunned for life.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't either. If the game didn't fit someone's ideal of the original starcraft, some of them are zealous enough that they'd probably kill me or something. If there's one thing I've learned, it's you DO NOT mess wtih zealous starcraft fanatics.
2006-05-10, 3:25 PM #38
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]I think Blizzard is scared to truly make something in the Starcraft universe. I think they believe if they don't make a 100% kickass game, they'll be shunned for life.[/QUOTE]
No Roper = No good SC.
D E A T H
2006-05-10, 3:25 PM #39
Uh, they announced a new race for WoW.....yay?
2006-05-10, 4:14 PM #40
I'm surprised that there's no poll option for anything related to WoW. Everyone and their dog knows that's the only game Blizzard is going to focus on for a long while now. All the poll options listed are nothing more than a wishlist. Feel free to correct me though if you see anything Blizzard has announced that isn't about the new WoW expansion (besides the Warcraft Movie).
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!

↑ Up to the top!