Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Site design part II.
Site design part II.
2006-05-10, 3:04 PM #1
I asked a bit before about advice regarding site design. Taking what ya guys gave me into consideration, I went ahead and made one, just wanted feedback on it. I made it using Adobe Image Ready and, well, notepad.

http://members.cox.net/lord_kuat/first.html

A few things I was concerned about is:
-Not sure if the text on the top banner is readable enough
-Don't know if black ==> rollover to white or white ==> rollover to black would be better for the top.

Like last time, any advice and/or criticism is welcome. I'm also looking into learning how to make it easier for people to upload newsposts and comics like one would a forum post. I was starting to look into using php, it seemed to offer what I needed. I'm not code savvy at all btw, just know HTML, heh. Just wanted to know if it would be a waste of time or not, or if there were a better language to learn.
2006-05-10, 3:09 PM #2
Things I think are an issue:

No webpage title.

Hard to read text on the blackwhite bit at the top with those images in the same colour.

It's a bit thin (horizontally).

Generally hard to see what is a link and what isn't in the images. It's difficult to distinguish the images with text on them from images used to link. A clearer font would help that. I mean, at a glance.

That's all I could think of, nice colour scheme otherwise. :)
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2006-05-11, 1:24 AM #3
Uhm, what's with all the different body, head and html parts?

You should look into learning CSS. You could reduce the file size of the page to at least a quarter of what it is now. Then you also wouldn't need evil JavaScript for the rollover effect.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-05-11, 8:44 AM #4
Originally posted by Impi:
Uhm, what's with all the different body, head and html parts?

You should look into learning CSS. You could reduce the file size of the page to at least a quarter of what it is now. Then you also wouldn't need evil JavaScript for the rollover effect.

Yeah, people said that before as well, as far as using CSS. Lots of stuff to learn, heh.

But what do you mean by the different body, head, and html parts? I'm guessing it's all the HTML in the head and the body? Just wanted to check.
2006-05-11, 9:33 AM #5
CSS isn't that hard. IMHO it's actually easier, because when you use it your code looks so much cleaner. Much easier to make changes.

There are 3 <body> tags, 2 <head> tags and 3 <html> tags. That's a little too much.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-05-11, 3:16 PM #6
Hah, I actually thought this was CSS at first. But, yes. No useful advise here. Move along.
幻術
2006-05-12, 11:29 AM #7
It took me a few seconds to see what the word links said (on the top banner)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!