Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → exploring the ridiculous unconscious
exploring the ridiculous unconscious
2006-05-12, 10:31 AM #1
This summer, I am employed at the same IT department as my mother. It's a pretty cushy job actually, and proximity to mom isn't as bad as I always make it out to be. Anyway, today I am sitting at my desk, awash in a sea of Excel macros and formulas. My lunchbreak is an eternal hour away, but I am gripped by an overwhelming sleepiness and, sicne my boss is out today, slink off to the parking garage for a backseat nap. The sounds of birds and highway traffic fade and...

I find myself in the world of the subconscious. Finally, after a lifetime in another reality, I try to pull myself into consciousness, but I can barely move in a half-asleep state and while I can sort of see ahead, I can't get my head over to see what time it is on my car clock. In a herculean effort, I find that it is only 11:16... all that in only 16 minutes? I get out of the care, citing some law of economics or something, and squeezing between my car and the car parked next to me. I then see the car clock is actually at 12 something and no car has ever been parked next to me: I have been inside the car all along.

I am suddenly in a dreamland far in the future. Dozens of curious fans are on top of a parking garage as a race with colorful vehicles of all shapes and sizes pass by below. I see some friends and watch the race with them, introducing my one friend to another friend of mine. His friend gives me a weird spirit fingers sign when I try to shake his hand and says his name is unimportant. We wait to see someone I know who apaprently said he'd be in the race. I finally see him trailing in the back on stilts, in ridiculous clothes. I talk geography with this really attractive girl I'd liked and then I go to the bathroom where I find a girl who'd been there since the beginning of the race. her face is now green from having been trapped in a stall without being able to get out.

She thanks me and stumbles off, but the next thing I know, I am being dragged through some sort of country gun store by a sheriff towards a holding cell. I try to pick up a fencing blade on the ground but am knocked down and dragged again. I stumble around and am tossed in the cell. This scene then repeats, I come closer to getting the blade but find myself in the cell again.

While in the cell, the sheriff talks to the man behind the counter and then, as if to scare me, kicks the wooden bars almost to the breaking point and rattles them. I cower in a corner of what turns out to be a crude dorm room and try to hide under a pillow. Stuck in jail and terrified by the situation that is engulfing me, I suddenly find that my intellect is escaping me and begin to act almost animalistic. My hand does a cursory exploration of my pants, but then another sheriff starts banging on the gate again and I jump up and go over and he starts saying something to me through the bars in a grizzled voice. I can see his aviators and motorcycle helmet. I sit back down, but then he starts banging again and suddenly I see my mother knocking on the side of my car door!

She says she tried calling me again and again without luck and finally walked around the parking lot and garage to find my car, as I've been gone for a solid 2 hours and overstayed my lunch break.

She then dragged me back to the office, as I, extremely sleepy and disoriented from being awaken from the deepest level of sleep, literally stumbled around and could not properly function. One coke can and some food later, I'm a little better.

...I'm just worried: how much of that prison scene was a dream? :o :o :o
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-12, 10:38 AM #2
drugs are not good for you.
Pie.
2006-05-12, 1:30 PM #3
Neither is staying up too late when you have to go to work the next day.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-12, 2:18 PM #4
Ah the metaphorically rich writings of one Lord_Grismath.

*silently points to the fencing blade on the floor*
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-05-12, 3:31 PM #5
I don't think most of you got what I was trying to get at...

Quote:
(17:19:40) Jedi Gandalf: *points to the fencing blade with a stoic look*
(18:26:53) Grismath: what are you implying, mr. gandalf sir?
(18:27:03) Jedi Gandalf: You are still in the dream
(18:27:43) Grismath: oh, it wasn't supposed to be as hifallutin as people probably made it out to be, I was just very tired when I wrote it
(18:28:05) Grismath: I was just horrifically embarrassed by the thought that my mom found me passed out in my car at work with my hand down my pants
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-12, 3:50 PM #6
Not as ridiculous as the dream I had where a time-travelling, interdimensional Gene Simmons with a penis protruding from each armpit came to my house to perform naked in my backyard in front of an assortment of Little Tykes play houses.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-05-12, 4:34 PM #7
Originally posted by Emon:
Not as ridiculous as the dream I had where a time-travelling, interdimensional Gene Simmons with a penis protruding from each armpit came to my house to perform naked in my backyard in front of an assortment of Little Tykes play houses.

Any dream with a wang involved is BAD NEWS.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-12, 10:02 PM #8
Originally posted by Emon:

w... t... f...
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)

↑ Up to the top!