Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Coming to you LIVE from Firefox...
Coming to you LIVE from Firefox...
2004-06-19, 10:42 AM #1
A relationship question! w00000t!

Actually, it isn't a romantic question, just a relationship with 2 of my friends.

Okay, here's the situation. Everytime I do something with my friends (we'll call the guy Jack and the girl Jill) I end up feeling like a third wheel. We usually pick up some crappy B Grade movies and have a laugh fest. Yesterday, we watched the 1972 classic, FROGS. Anyway, Jill has a boyfriend. Said boyfriend is now in the military, but he's coming back in a few weeks.

Anytime I go over to do something with them, Jack and Jill end up holding hands, laying with each other, sneaking in little caresses that they think I don't see, and all around flirting inncessantly. They'll tickle each other and end up wrestling around. I don't get spoken to, even though I've been invited to come along.

Jack insists he doesn't have any feelings for Jill that aren't platonic. Frankly, his lying is making me crazy, as is feeling like I'm only being invited to keep them from looking suspicious.

So. What do I do? I'm slated to go hang out with them tonight. Help teh me.

------------------
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
2004-06-19, 10:49 AM #2
Two smacks would do nicely.

------------------
"It's OK for us to randomly attack people!"
-BV

o.0
2004-06-19, 10:51 AM #3
You could express your feelings though that might cause your gatherings to stop, and I'm guessing that you wouldn't have posted here if you could have done that. Unless there are some sort of parental restrictions, you could invite a lady-friend yourself. Then, you wouldn't have to feel left out of the goings on since you will be having your own. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov

[This message has been edited by Bobbert006 (edited June 19, 2004).]
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-06-19, 11:00 AM #4
Start muscling in on the girl. I'm not joking around here. If he asks "WTF are you doing??", just reply with "Well you don't have any feelings for her. So I'm going to start something of my own." You'll get him to admit his feelings for her right quickly. Or he'll still continue to lie and he has no grounds on which to bicker with you. And you might end up with the girl.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-06-19, 11:23 AM #5
and then get pwnd by the guy in the military..

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-06-19, 11:24 AM #6
I've got a girlfriend. So... no. ;-)

Another thing that really bothers me is that Jill claims to be loyal to her boyfriend, but has admitted to me privately that she likes Jack. By likes I mean "like likes".

------------------
2004-06-19, 1:04 PM #7
::looks around::

Anyone?

(I'm not impatient, I'm just looking for an answer before I go over there tonight)

[This message has been edited by Charoziak (edited June 19, 2004).]
2004-06-19, 1:16 PM #8
*me hands Charoziak a blowgun and two poisoned darts*

You know what to do.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"If all those usefull inventions that are lyable to abuse, should therefore be concealed, there is not any Art or Science, which might be lawfully profest."
-John Wilkins, Mercury, or the Secret and Swift messenger, shewing how a man may with privacy and speed Communicate his thoughts to a Friend at any distance (London, 1641)
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-06-19, 1:27 PM #9
Ah ok.

Then yeah, I would undertake Dormouse's solution. It is for the good of society.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-06-19, 1:46 PM #10
::laugh::

But Jill's mom might not approve of me assaulting her daughter.

------------------
2004-06-19, 3:40 PM #11
I don't see how its any of your business, really.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-06-19, 9:59 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I don't see how its any of your business, really.</font>

I don't really agree there,

I say they are just using you(by having you there) to say to them selfs "I'm just out with friends and not on a date"

and I'm willing bet they won't/don't do this infront of (many)other people because they(she?) doesn't want it to known she's pretty much cheating on her boyfriend.

If you really want to avoid confronting them on this, I'll suggest you do one of two things

1: make sure there is more then just the three of you, a person that knows/ is friends with Jill's boyfriend would work best

2: just don't go when it would be just the 3 of you, make up so bs to git out of it. then when jill's boyfriend gits back the problem will fix it's self.... one way or the other..

But If I were you, I would just call them out on it by saying some thing like.

"na, I don't like going with you on your dates jack and jill"

PS. sorry for any spelling/grammer errors I don't have my glassed on and I prety much can't read what I've typed..
2004-06-20, 10:45 AM #13
Talk about getting used. You already know whats going on, just get the hell out of dodge dude.

------------------
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...
2004-06-20, 10:57 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grim Zombie:

1: make sure there is more then just the three of you, a person that knows/ is friends with Jill's boyfriend would work best

2: just don't go when it would be just the 3 of you, make up so bs to git out of it. then when jill's boyfriend gits back the problem will fix it's self.... one way or the other..

But If I were you, I would just call them out on it by saying some thing like.

"na, I don't like going with you on your dates jack and jill"
</font>

------------------
</sarcasm>
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-06-20, 3:04 PM #15
Just start tickling the girl too, and see how he likes it. If your girlfriend, her boyfriend, or jack suddenly get mad, say "Jack was doing it, too!" then you can all have an orgy, oh, and maybe rachel and ross can get back together!? ^.^

Seriously, tell Mr. Army. He'll RPG that *****!

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-20, 4:54 PM #16
I ended up talking to Jill, laid it out for her. She said she knew exactly what I meant, and was sorry. I'm thinking...

wtf. If you knew, why'd you do it?
Oh well. The movie was awesome. See topic "Session 9"

------------------
2004-06-20, 5:09 PM #17
Ahhh...but did she stop?

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-06-20, 5:31 PM #18
She did indeed. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

↑ Up to the top!