Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → cwaaaaaaaazy aussies
cwaaaaaaaazy aussies
2006-05-13, 1:38 PM #1
Quote:
New Zealand is not for sale, despite somebody in neighbouring Australia trying to offload the nation of 4 million to the highest online bidder.

With a starting offer of just one cent, brisk bidding for the prime chunk of South Pacific real estate quickly boosted the price to 3,000 Australian dollars (€1,810) before eBay pulled the plug on the auction this week.

“Clearly New Zealand is not for sale,” said eBay Australia spokesman Daniel Feiler, adding that 22 bids had been made before the company acted.

“It is mostly household items we have for sale, but there are the occasional quirky items put up,” he added. “We have a look at them and if they are okay we leave them, but if it is something that can’t be sold, we take them off.”

The trader has not been named, but apparently was unimpressed with the country he was trying to sell.

The rivalry between the two countries is intense and in his advertisement the man said New Zealand had “very ordinary weather”.

damn!

*giggle*
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-05-13, 2:15 PM #2
all i can reply with is a cheeky giggle.
2006-05-13, 3:32 PM #3
I think the first indication of falsity was that the bidding went higher than $20 ;)
2006-05-13, 4:29 PM #4
LOL... the things people do to amuse themselves.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-05-13, 11:18 PM #5
Hey, that's my country!

I don't really care, but since I'm the only kiwi around here I thought I'd better make an appearance.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-05-14, 7:21 PM #6
Quote:
Hey, that's my country!

I don't really care, but since I'm the only kiwi around here I thought I'd better make an appearance.

Not quite! I've been stalking these forums since the last millenium.
JK:DFII Editing
ALHan
PSP
2006-05-14, 7:22 PM #7
Anyone interested in the Brooklyn bridge? :em321:
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-05-15, 7:35 PM #8
I'm selling California for only three easy installments of $1.03!

just think of all the....

um....

....ok you can have it for free.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-05-15, 7:40 PM #9
I'll pass.
2006-05-15, 8:14 PM #10
Let's sell Idaho and Ohio. Maybe we can get $5,000...on a good day.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-05-15, 9:45 PM #11
if we buy ohio.... I get Akron
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2006-05-15, 10:53 PM #12
Originally posted by Echoman:
Let's sell Idaho and Ohio. Maybe we can get $5,000...on a good day.

Do you know what's worse than Idaho?

THE HOLOCAUST!!
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."

↑ Up to the top!