Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → BBC interviews wrong guy
BBC interviews wrong guy
2006-05-14, 10:53 PM #1
Video

HAHAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA ...

Quote:
Just get the guy, any guy, and stick him in front of the camera is, some fear, the philosophy of rolling television news. For BBC News 24, however, the bloke in reception waiting patiently to pontificate on a courtroom verdict turned out to be the wrong Guy.
Guy Kewney, a computer expert, was waiting outside a BBC Television Centre studio to discuss the high court ruling on the Beatles' Apple Corps v Apple Computer on Monday morning. As he watched the news in reception, he was amazed to see "Guy Kewney" pop up on screen. Unlike the white, bearded technology columnist for IT Week, this "Guy Kewney" was black, and appeared stumped when asked about the US computer giant and its tussle with the Beatles over the Apple trademark.

"Were you surprised by this verdict?" he was asked. "I'm very surprised at the verdict," he gamely replied. "Because I was not expecting that when I came."

A BBC insider said the wrong Guy was a minicab driver, waiting to pick up the real Guy. When the producer went to collect the computer expert from a different waiting area, he called out "Guy Kewney" and the driver said "hello". He was then whisked upstairs to meet the BBC's Karen Bowerman, who asked the first question on live TV.

There is only one Guy Kewney in Britain on the electoral roll. As the real Mr Kewney explained in his blog, the accidental impostor at first seemed "puzzled that anybody might imagine that the lawsuit had consequences".

The BBC said: "Unfortunately we did make a mistake and the wrong guy was briefly interviewed on air before we cut to our reporter."

article 1

Quote:
It is not the first time that the BBC has been embarrassed by a case of mistaken identity. Last year Rhodri Morgan, the First Minister of Wales, was mistaken for a cast member of Doctor Who when he was due to appear on the BBC Wales political show Dragon’s Eye.

article 2
2006-05-14, 10:56 PM #2
Oh man... thick accent.

-French?
2006-05-14, 11:11 PM #3
His face at the beginning was priceless
2006-05-15, 1:29 AM #4
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
His face at the beginning was priceless

That's indeed true. Unbelievable. Well, at least the dude tried to say something intelligent.

It would have also been nice to see the face and expression of the real expert when he saw "himself" already being interviewed on tv.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-05-15, 5:58 AM #5
hhahahaha, good ole beeb.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-05-15, 6:07 AM #6
This video makes me laugh. His reaction is awesome, and the way he just tries to sound intelligent is great.
2006-05-15, 7:20 AM #7
Quote:
It is not the first time that the BBC has been embarrassed by a case of mistaken identity. Last year Rhodri Morgan, the First Minister of Wales, was mistaken for a cast member of Doctor Who when he was due to appear on the BBC Wales political show Dragon’s Eye.

How....does this happen?!?!

Somehow I'm reminded of the time a former US Senator and veteran winner was detained in a US airport for an hour while security examined his Congressional Medal of Honor, having no idea what it was and thinking maybe it was some sort of ninja star...
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-15, 8:08 AM #8
The face... the face..

Aww NUTS...
2006-05-15, 9:55 AM #9
Hahaha. Poor guy. Hah, pun!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-05-15, 1:54 PM #10
Yeah, his facial expression in the beginning was pretty funny. Beyond that it wasn't funny because he was giving vague yet reasonable answers.
2006-05-15, 2:03 PM #11
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Yeah, his facial expression in the beginning was pretty funny. Beyond that it wasn't funny because he was giving vague yet reasonable answers.

I dont know you could tell he was thinking "Should I tell her that i'm not the right person or should I bluff my way through it". Then the presenter got all nervous :P
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-05-15, 2:28 PM #12
Haha, I love his expression. You could definitely see him thinking "Oh ****! What do I do?" on his face, LMAO!
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!

↑ Up to the top!