Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → does anyone know why things twitch?
does anyone know why things twitch?
2006-05-18, 12:05 PM #1
My right lower eyelid has always had an occasional spasm for as long as i can remember, like a liddish breakdance.

but for the past few days its been on a twitchathon, going off at random times.

does anyone actually know what causes this random twitchage? its weird.
2006-05-18, 12:07 PM #2
I don't know, but I know when I make a "mad" face, my left cheek begins to wiggle, right underneath my eye. That little vein starts pulsing, amd totally ruins my angry face. It only happens sometimes, though. :mad:
2006-05-18, 12:07 PM #3
Does it happen when you see something sexy?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-05-18, 12:09 PM #4
You could, you know, ask your DOCTOR about it the next time you go for your YEARLY PHYSICAL.

You DO get regular checkups, DON'T YOU?!?!

2006-05-18, 12:12 PM #5
bah, this isnt one of those "my arm has fallen off, but i cant be bothered to see a doctor, HELP ME MASSASSI!" type threads.

i just thought someone might know about twitching.
2006-05-18, 12:18 PM #6
I think the twitching maybe caused by a lack of vitamins. Just eat some fruits/veggies everyday or take vitamin tablets and see if it goes away.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-05-18, 12:18 PM #7
My left eyelid twitches when I'm tired (like now. Have had an average of 4 hours sleep a night for the last 6 months :().

Lately my left bicep has also begun twitching now and again. Hope its not Parkinson's.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-18, 12:25 PM #8
4 hours aint the greatest idea ;). Gotta get that sleep bro, it'll screw you over later.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-05-18, 12:41 PM #9
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]bah, this isnt one of those "my arm has fallen off, but i cant be bothered to see a doctor, HELP ME MASSASSI!" type threads.

i just thought someone might know about twitching.[/QUOTE]

But those are my favorite threads!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-18, 12:46 PM #10
Potassium deficieny.

That, or nerves.
2006-05-18, 12:52 PM #11
It means you have cancer.
2006-05-18, 12:54 PM #12
Originally posted by Uberslug:
It means you have cancer.

in your brain. you probably have minutes to live. spend them wisely.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-05-18, 2:33 PM #13
I get it. I get it in my legs a lot. I used to get it in the eyelid a bit, but not so much now.

And what... we're supposed to have yearly checkups? I haven't seen a doctor in years.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-05-18, 2:44 PM #14
Then you may only be seconds from death.

-I did not intend for that to sound like a Chuck Norris thing, but I just realized it does. "If you've seen your doctor, he's seen you. If you haven't..."
2006-05-18, 2:47 PM #15
Twitching results from lapses from electrical impulses from your brain to the body part its self.

Like others have said, take vitamins and I suggest you do some kinda pre-workout set, like pushups.

Running helps eyes sometimes. Also short heavy burst of physical activities, like bench pressing a heavy load a few times.

Also, tai chi will help.

[Edit:] How could I forget...put peanut butter on your eye. That helps. <.<
2006-05-18, 2:54 PM #16
:eek:
"The solution is simple."
2006-05-18, 3:00 PM #17
when I was in the Mikado, during some of the performances my eyes would randomly twitch like crazy. they also did that during my 1st semester finals. I think it was a stress/lack of sleep thing. possibly also an "I have no time to eat" thing.

vitamins are good for you!
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-05-18, 3:02 PM #18
My eyelids twitch when I'm stressed - like driving test test / finals stressed
2006-05-18, 3:15 PM #19
Originally posted by Jepman:
My left eyelid twitches when I'm tired (like now. Have had an average of 4 hours sleep a night for the last 6 months :().

Yeah my eyelids start twitching like a crack addict on detox when I'm overly tired too.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

↑ Up to the top!