Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → For all of you RITassians
For all of you RITassians
2006-05-23, 10:34 AM #41
6:30 for dinning commons? sure i'm up to it, my stage construction work finish at 6 so it would work out for me
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2006-05-23, 10:38 AM #42
Be sure to take lots of pics! :o
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-23, 11:35 AM #43
Nononono.

[mb is ugly.]
nope.
2006-05-23, 11:37 AM #44
Man, I hope there are Massassians nearby when I go to post-secondary ed.

[edit] On second thought, maybe I was too hasty... O_o
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-05-23, 5:43 PM #45
Four of us showed up; me (obviously), MBeggar, GndAdmThrawn, and JDKNITE. I was of course, the coolest person that showed up, because I was the only one with sunglasses :cool:

One of these days we'll figure out how to do this before finals week.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-05-23, 6:38 PM #46
That dinner cost me $12 >.>

was much good though.

I eventually did start my work too!

Next time I expect everyone to be there. including you dud and fish!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-05-23, 6:55 PM #47
Hahaha, and next time I'll make sure to come with 3-4 pen and an stack of paper so i can have 3-4 convestation at the same time with 3-4 other people, at first it was one person but toward the end i was holding 2-3 conv at the same time, so it keept me from just sitting around waiting and being bored, while you guys keept on blabbing on with your mouths ;)

Anyway it was fun :) worked out pretty good actually.
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2006-05-23, 7:14 PM #48
Its tough talking to 3 people, eat salad, and write at the same time :P
2006-05-23, 8:01 PM #49
I enjoyed the meeting, but we have do it like at least a few times a year and not just during finals week.

I hung out with some people, phoned my parents, watched 20 min. of a VH1 special about Heavy Metal (specifically that of the 80s), and then finished my physics studying. Not too shabby.
2006-05-23, 8:02 PM #50
Originally posted by GrndAdmThrawn:
Hahaha, and next time I'll make sure to come with 3-4 pen and an stack of paper so i can have 3-4 convestation at the same time with 3-4 other people, at first it was one person but toward the end i was holding 2-3 conv at the same time, so it keept me from just sitting around waiting and being bored, while you guys keept on blabbing on with your mouths ;)

Anyway it was fun :) worked out pretty good actually.

Yeah, I kinda felt bad at the beginning when there was only 1 pen&paper to go around.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-05-24, 11:28 AM #51
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Yeah, I kinda felt bad at the beginning when there was only 1 pen&paper to go around.

I was just saving my paper untill later then i saw a golden oppounity so i went ahead and pulled em out so i could hold two conv at same time, works.
2006-05-24, 11:31 AM #52
Pens? Paper? Were you guys passing notes or something? :confused:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-24, 2:57 PM #53
Mister Thrawn is hard of hearing. Pen and Paper make it easier for us considering I dont know like any sign language
2006-05-24, 6:11 PM #54
And I can really only do letters. Slowly. :p
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-05-24, 9:19 PM #55
Originally posted by MBeggar:
Mister Thrawn is hard of hearing. Pen and Paper make it easier for us considering I dont know like any sign language

Lol, I'm not heard of hearing, I'm stone dead DEAF. Only thing i can hear is maybe extremely loud sounds such as standing in front of a jet engine, or in front of an concert speakers, then I may be able to hear them, other wise, not really.

And before people pile on the sympathy boat, or start telling me what I'm missing, I'll go ahead and pre-empetive that, by going out to say, I don't care about what I am missing, I'm perfectly content with my deafness, and i couldn't give a **** what sound... sounds like to be blunt.
2006-05-24, 10:42 PM #56
I'm perfectly content with my deafness, and i couldn't give a **** what sound... sounds like to be blunt.

Devil's advocate: You've never heard before, so you can't say you don't care. Imagine the most beautifil sight you've ever seen, like the grand canyon or some other huge vista. Imagine all that beauty and amazingness...imagine if there was a hole nother, different world of the same kind of awe. That would be an amazing song, the sound of a rainforest, etc. It's an entire sense you are "missing" out on.

Of course you're content and you don't care, but then again, you've never known, so cannot make a judgement about it. "Ignorance is bliss" applies here. But unlike other scenarios where someone may choose to be ignorant, you don't have a choice. It's just how it is. So it doesn't matter. So you're not going to care.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-05-25, 10:58 AM #57
Originally posted by Emon:
Devil's advocate: You've never heard before, so you can't say you don't care. Imagine the most beautifil sight you've ever seen, like the grand canyon or some other huge vista. Imagine all that beauty and amazingness...imagine if there was a hole nother, different world of the same kind of awe. That would be an amazing song, the sound of a rainforest, etc. It's an entire sense you are "missing" out on.

Of course you're content and you don't care, but then again, you've never known, so cannot make a judgement about it. "Ignorance is bliss" applies here. But unlike other scenarios where someone may choose to be ignorant, you don't have a choice. It's just how it is. So it doesn't matter. So you're not going to care.

Yup, that. For example, you're sort of trying to explain to me the idea of sound, but however, there is nothing I can do about my deafness, and so forth, so, why worry or care about something that is out of my control. *shrugs*
2006-05-25, 11:14 AM #58
plus theres a lot of annoying things you cant hear :)

whiney voices, crap music, heavy machinery.
2006-05-25, 11:30 AM #59
Lol, I'm not heard of hearing, I'm stone dead DEAF. Only thing i can hear is maybe extremely loud sounds such as standing in front of a jet engine, or in front of an concert speakers, then I may be able to hear them, other wise, not really.

Meh, so i was off a little. Plus I think the fact that the papers were going around updating you on the conversation confused me a little bit considering you brought things up that we had been speaking about.

whatever haha. I think next time we should bring more paper and pens though :p
2006-05-25, 11:55 AM #60
car alarms!
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-05-25, 12:06 PM #61
Meh, so i was off a little. Plus I think the fact that the papers were going around updating you on the conversation confused me a little bit considering you brought things up that we had been speaking about.

Lip/mind reading?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-25, 3:02 PM #62

Hahaha, when you grow up being deaf, you get used on picking up on body language and so forth and use that to attempt to figure out what the hell is going on. And no i can't really lipread at all.

And maybe it would be easier to bring a laptop, because i know i can type a hell alots faster than i can write.
2006-05-25, 4:51 PM #63
And there's no issue with not being able to read each other's hand writing :p
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-05-25, 5:15 PM #64
And there's no issue with not being able to read each other's hand writing :p

Lemme guess, its my handwritting? :p always been messy, I rarely write anyway, most everything I turn in are typed anyway.
2006-05-25, 9:26 PM #65
Lemme guess, its my handwritting? :p always been messy, I rarely write anyway, most everything I turn in are typed anyway.

I did have trouble with a couple words, but I'm also worried about people reading mine, my small lefty scribble. Sometimes I have to make a conscious effort if I want other people to read it easily :p

My economic notes for my first semester of senior year fit on one sheet of paper, front and back, because I would write two lines of notes per line of notebook paper. Some of my notes are damn near impossible to read due to the hasty notes and short-hand.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-05-26, 12:01 AM #66
I did have trouble with a couple words, but I'm also worried about people reading mine, my small lefty scribble. Sometimes I have to make a conscious effort if I want other people to read it easily :p

My economic notes for my first semester of senior year fit on one sheet of paper, front and back, because I would write two lines of notes per line of notebook paper. Some of my notes are damn near impossible to read due to the hasty notes and short-hand.

Hehe, I noticed your handwrite was pretty darn small but it was still a hell a lots better than mine imho :p mine is a chicken scrawl.

But i think with time and more meetings we could get the whole communication thing down pat just fine, just need a few more meeting, but in general i enjoy these meetings.
2006-05-26, 2:31 PM #67
I'll be there next year!

I can bring my tablet, and we can all type there.

Or we could all bring laptops, connect wirelessly, and talk over AIM or IRC.

That would be awesome...
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-05-26, 5:45 PM #68
but that would require all of us having laptops ;)
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-05-27, 12:32 PM #69
computer lab?

I dont know, i kind of like the pen and paper thing. Plus, writing on tablets sucks
2006-05-27, 12:34 PM #70
Originally posted by Shintock:
No ones ever comes to Montreal. :(

<.<
>.>

Then how do I know you are naked right now, HMMM?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-27, 2:16 PM #71
Secret Canuck sattelite.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!