Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Wars Trilogy DVD covers
Star Wars Trilogy DVD covers
2004-06-18, 5:20 PM #1
I just saw this at theforce.net, I think they look pretty cool.

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=holonet/newspics/trilogydvd_saleskit02.jpg

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-06-18, 5:22 PM #2
At first I thought they were pretty cool. But on further inspection they look like really bad photoshop experiments.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-18, 5:23 PM #3
Whatever... if you think so. I personally like them.

------------------
2004-06-18, 5:24 PM #4
They don't look bad. I kinda like em...
2004-06-18, 5:26 PM #5
The trilogy VHS Boxset > * [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

I just think it looks rushed. The lightsabers look really bad. No light on the peoples faces, blotches colors. *shrug*

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
2004-06-18, 5:45 PM #6
"Bonus Material."

Intriguing. Hope it's not just interviews and documentaries.

I thought the covers looked too ... empty. And those are just pictures you see everywhere, in a montage. Not bad, but nothing to go crazy over.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....

[This message has been edited by Bounty Hunter 4 hire (edited June 18, 2004).]
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-06-18, 6:04 PM #7
They need to switch the Empire and Star Wars box around. On Star Wars you have this red/pink background, but Luke with a blue lightsaber. On Empire you have a blue background but Vader with the red lightsaber. Then Jedi is a green background with green lightsaber. So now the first 2 look wrong.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-06-18, 6:09 PM #8
Yeah, I noticed that too.

------------------
2004-06-19, 2:44 AM #9
1) No Leia in bikini on RotJ box.
2) I agree with SAJN, the actual box is a subpar version of the VHS special ed trilogy box.
3) Vader pic on bonus disc is AWESOME.
4) Those small lens flare/shiny circle things just above the handle of the saber is a cool effect WHEN IT ISN'T USED IN EXACTLY THE SAME SPOT ON ALL THREE BLADES.
5) Yoda and Vader are the only people on more than one cover (luke doesn't count, even mark hammills family call him luke, why isn't he the biggest soap star in the universe?)
... its a shame bruce lee couldn't have been on two of the covers too.
6) Just a personal niggle, but I don't like the way the big roman numeral is displayed behind the star wars logo, we know which friggin movie it is lucas, displaying the fact its a later movie does not make the prequel trilogy any better.
7) The gay droid couple get the embossed silver treatment, but vader doesn't? WTF?!?!

bah, i like them, i just wanted to rant.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-06-19, 3:01 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bounty Hunter 4 hire:
"Bonus Material."

Intriguing. Hope it's not just interviews and documentaries.

</font>

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/530135/ref=ed_qpe_dp_1_1/026-3464745-0140454

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-06-19, 3:19 AM #11
Why are triology boxsets always so ugly?

http://lionking.org/sequels/TLKTrilogy.jpg

------------------
"The trick in life is not to find a way to make it perfect, it's to enjoy the good, strengthen your ability to deal with the bad, and keep your eyes looking forward to the good."
-Chelsea Brown
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2004-06-19, 3:25 AM #12
Holy crap, there were more than one Lion King's?

------------------
2004-06-19, 4:27 AM #13
No matter what, the trilogy boxset itself looks OK. The DVD covers themselves look somehow like they "should" (as TPM and AOTC had... similar DVD-covers), but they could be SO MUCH BETTER.

So after all, I think that only thing what matters is that the movies are watchable and fun... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-06-19, 4:29 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jazzkokehead:
Holy crap, there were more than one Lion King's?

</font>

*Laughs*
*Slap!*
*Runs*

------------------
Titan A.E.
Titan A.E.
2004-06-19, 4:44 AM #15
Yes, I though it was funny too.

------------------
2004-06-19, 4:57 AM #16
ROFL! This bonus disc is pure horse s***!!!

A bunch of the stuff is Episode III previews, game previews, Episode III this Episode III that. WTF IS THIS?! This is supposed to be bonus material about the ORIGINAL TRILOGY! I mean sure there is alot of stuff on the trilogy, but why does Lucas need to use it for his other deeds?

------------------

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 19, 2004).]
2004-06-19, 5:03 AM #17
Umm, i wouldn't agree with you there, but I expect most of the features to be george lucas getting a major *** licking from cast, crew and industry... and shots of him telling us how brilliant he is for doing whatever.

But why would we be interested in the new trilogy if we're purchasing the original trilogy... he should include mini featurettes for the godfather or other cool trilogies instead of EP3.

------------------
2004-06-19, 5:11 AM #18
The spines look fine, and that's what I'll be seeing 99.9% of the time while they sit in my DVD collection.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-06-19, 5:22 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:

A bunch of the stuff is Episode III previews, game previews, Episode III this Episode III that. WTF IS THIS?! This is supposed to be bonus material about the ORIGINAL TRILOGY! I mean sure there is alot of stuff on the trilogy, but why does Lucas need to use it for his other deeds?

</font>

I hardly think two game previews make the entire disc crap. I suggest you actually read what's on it before posting again.

------------------
2004-06-19, 5:27 AM #20
I did read it all. Yeah it's mostly the Trilogy, but there is no need for those other three things. Nobody wants all the advertising bull crap.

------------------
2004-06-19, 6:05 AM #21
Quote:

</font>

agreed. The OT is timeless. why should they waste the disc space on bonus features that will become completely irrelevant once ep3 comes out?

What they should have is a focus on the making of the original trilogy.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited June 19, 2004).]
2004-06-19, 6:22 AM #22
Wow.. Those look like crap. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to use these covers instead of the posters. ALL of the posters, EP I and II included are awesome. At the very least they shouldn't have wasted the money on new cover "art". Much less those things.

Although, the bonus disk art does look stinkin' cool.
2004-06-19, 6:33 AM #23
I have a question for you guys. Should I buy this, or wait for EPIII to come out, and then will they have some sort of master DVD collection with all 6? Or will they come out with a new trilogy dvd box set like this?

------------------
Maker of the Levels:
Sand Trap
Sand Trap (Night)

Writer/Author of the fanfic: Dragonball Aftershock

_.~'AKA DBF_SuperSaiyan'~._
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2004-06-20, 1:45 PM #24
Yeah, I was curious as well, if they'll have a super box set of all 6 movies.

------------------
2004-06-20, 1:58 PM #25
Quote:
At first I thought they were pretty cool. But on further inspection they look like really bad photoshop experiments.

</font>

Ditto...

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-06-20, 2:46 PM #26
I like them, they follow the same style as the DVD covers for Episode I and II. And for those of you who haven't seen the trailer for the DVD set, the artwork on the actual disks is the original poster artwork. Luke holding the lightsaber in the air for ANH, Han kissing Leia for ESB, etc.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2004-06-21, 5:18 AM #27
Don't get it. Wait until Lucas releases his SUPER-DUPER OMEGA KAMEHAMEHA EDITIONs of all 6 movies. You know he's gonna do it, so why waste your money on those imperfect, subpar movies, when you can have the new, super-cool movies that are almost what Lucas originally envisioned. They'll at least keep you satisfied until Lucas releases the next version of the movies in 5 years, or when he feels he needs more $$$ in his bank acct., whichever comes first.
2004-06-21, 5:25 AM #28
I don't wanna pay for AotC and TPM again, they're not worth buying twice, this boxed set will do me perfectly.

------------------
2004-06-21, 5:39 AM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:
6) Just a personal niggle, but I don't like the way the big roman numeral is displayed behind the star wars logo, we know which friggin movie it is lucas, displaying the fact its a later movie does not make the prequel trilogy any better.
</font>

They were called episodes IV, V, and VI upon original release.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">this boxed set will do me perfectly.</font>

I'm not sure I'd want to see that.

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-06-21, 6:34 AM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

What they should have is a focus on the making of the original trilogy.

</font>

There's a two-hour documentary and four other featurettes focusing on the original trilogy. Stop whining.

------------------
You're entering a world of pain.
http://darkestspiral.greentinted.com

"I have no clue why people trust statistics like that. 99% of the time they are made up." - Raoul Duke
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-06-21, 7:16 AM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
There's a two-hour documentary and four other featurettes focusing on the original trilogy. Stop whining.

</font>

only 2 hours? waaaaaaaaa! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

↑ Up to the top!