Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Any one been to lucasarts.com recently???
Any one been to lucasarts.com recently???
2006-05-20, 9:10 PM #1
Just wondering if you have seen the new redsign that they put on the site:

LucasArts
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-05-20, 10:02 PM #2
Didn't Tiberium post this? I may be wrong, I just thought he did.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-05-20, 10:05 PM #3
STOP POSTING this.

WE ALL KNOW.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-05-20, 10:12 PM #4
I didn't.
2006-05-21, 8:50 AM #5
Make sure people know you get to use lightsabres in Star Wars Galaxies, Lucasarts. You know that's all anyone who's ever played the game since beta wants to do.

I didn't know about this either, but it's a little unsettling. But of course we were already aware that it isn't the Lucasarts we used to know anymore. Too bad their whole attitude seems to resonate with every other developer out there now.

*Sigh* What happened the game culture by and for nerds?
2006-05-21, 8:55 AM #6
Everyone about 10-15 years ago got either a Master System, Snes, or eventually the Mega-drive.

Now, these small kids grew up as kids usually would, into small groups, nerds etc. But these kids kept on playing computer games, now onto the PSX and N64 and it was realised that not only nerdy kids played these games. OMG gaming isn't for nerds anymore.

PC gaming though, I'd say it's still nerd orientated. :p

[Well, apart from maybe The Sims and the Champ Man games.]
nope.
2006-05-21, 9:17 AM #7
It's interesting to see how some videogames are "mainstream cool" while others are totally nerdy taboo. While more traditionally, videogames in general were sort of nerdy taboo, but now even the cool kids realize that they are FUN. :rolleyes:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-21, 9:24 AM #8
Meh... I've never seen videogames as nerdy, never met any one who saw them like that as well.
Nothing to see here, move along.

↑ Up to the top!