Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Another Vc gripe
Another Vc gripe
2004-06-20, 9:21 PM #1
I beat the supply and demand mission by using the slowdown cheat (slows down everything except you)to give my boat more time to handle in the water, and it seemed to work.

Now, I'm playing the avery missions. the golf course mission was a piece of cake, but the demolition man mission is a royal pain in the a**. Using a rc helicopter inside a confined environment like a building is incredibly stupid, IMO. Wouldn't it be easier for tommy to get a workman disguise from raphaels, sneak in to the building, plant the bombs, and then get the hell out of there before they blow?

The mission is straightforward enough, but my problem is that i can't make the helicopter do what I want it o do. zooming in on the small bombs and targets requires surgical precision, and it's harder than hell to drive with a keyboard. (maybe its easier on the consle versions) The helicopter controls suck. The cars are so easy to maneuver, why couldn't the other vehicles be like that? After crashing into stuff and blowing up the damn helicopter a few times, I lost my temper and started gunning down the workmen still left in the building, and then i vented my rage on the helples people in the street.

Does anyone have any pointers on beating this level in terms of making it easier?

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited June 21, 2004).]
2004-06-20, 9:41 PM #2
Yes, the RC helicopter mission is a bit tricky, but certainly not impossible. Just spend a while getting used to the controls. I redefined a few keys to make it easier.
Always try to kill the blokeys or they will smash you up.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-06-21, 1:33 AM #3
I found that one quite easy on the PS2... Hehe silly construction worker *ZZZZZIIIIINN- YEARAARRGH MY SPLEEEN!!!*

------------------
"My god, it's full of stars!"

"True as toasted toads!"
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-06-21, 1:37 AM #4
No keyboard layout can possibly allow for all the movement necessary to easily control the helicopters, but it still is possible to do it, and really not all that difficult if you get used to using the default numpad controls for leaning forward/back and turning left/right. But the game really is built for being played with an analog joypad. (And if you're like me, you'll just use a PS controller on a USB adapter.)
The first time I did it was on the keyboard, and the only thing I can suggest is...practice.

And if you have to cheat to finish any of the missions, then you should remove the VC disk from the tray and proceed to throw it out the window, and never speak of it again.

------------------
«»The Scratchware Manifesto
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-06-21, 2:59 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I beat the supply and demand mission by using the slowdown cheat (slows down everything except you)to give my boat more time to handle in the water, and it seemed to work.</font>

But that was an easy mission [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

Get a USB gamepad. It really is worth it, especially for VC.

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-06-21, 5:03 AM #6
I dunno, I found all the 'race boat through checkpoints' missions quite tricky, perhaps because they were also quite boring.
You have to hit all the jumps and things spot on, and that took a while to perfect.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-06-21, 5:46 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
I dunno, I found all the 'race boat through checkpoints' missions quite tricky, perhaps because they were also quite boring.
You have to hit all the jumps and things spot on, and that took a while to perfect.
</font>

Agreed. Thankfully there was only about four of them in the game, although that's still about three too many [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"He's a dead man! I'm not havin' a dead man in my cemetary!"
2004-06-21, 6:11 AM #8
I used the slowdown cheat once to beat the fat driver guy for the bank robbery missions. :\

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged
2004-06-21, 6:28 AM #9
I'd have found the helicopters a lot easier to use if the game would recognise all four axis on my Sidewinder Precision 2. It only recognises the X and Y axis, What's more is you cant use a joystick and a steering wheel at the same time.
Even more annoying is that the pedals by default are set to Lean forward/back and the axis cant be rebound.

Thats my major gripe with VC, bad jotstick/steering wheel support.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-06-21, 6:45 AM #10
<3 Joystick

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.

[This message has been edited by TwistedSoul (edited June 21, 2004).]
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2004-06-21, 12:23 PM #11
yeah it's easier on consoles or with a gamepad i got it on my second try... mainly because my first try was mostly getting used to the controls

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway

↑ Up to the top!