Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman: Blood Money
2006-05-24, 10:29 PM #1
http://www.hitman.com/

The new Hitman, looks totally sweet.

The demo is available there, and on filefront. It contains the first level, which is sort of a training level.

Big differences in store;

This game takes place in America, instead of various former nations like previous games. Someone is taking out ICA operatives and personel, so 47 sets up shop in America.

Controls are pretty weird at first. Instead of E being a HUGE scroll through to do anything action-wise, there is like a three key layout sorta thing. I can't really explain, but you get used to it.

Instead of being totally useless when you're unarmed, you can now headbut people in the face and disarm them. Then, if you so choose, you can whip them around and use them as a human shield. You can only knock them out after you're done using them. But you can always plug them in the face after they hit the floor.

You can also push people, and punch people. I pushed this one dude down the steps, and another off of a balcony. I also used a syringe to poison this girl's drink. You can hide in closets, and hide bodies in containers.

This game has a notoriety system, and instead of displaying bland stats at the end of a mission, you are treated with a little newspaper article detailing all of your suck or awesome. Depends on how you play.

If you're going to be a mass murdering ****, your notoriety goes up and newspapers will begin to churn out more and more in the way of an identifiable portrait. Apparently enemies will begin to react, making the life of an assassin a little difficult.

No more awards, instead for being super stealthy you make more money to afford better equipment and upgraded weapons.

If you screw up, apparently you're able to clean up the crime scene a little. Erase CCTV tapes, dispose of bodies, etc.

Over all, it was enough for me to pre-order the game. I don't usualy pre-order games.
2006-05-24, 10:50 PM #2
I've been waiting for this to come out for a while now; never got Contracts because I heard too many negative things about it. Silent Assassin was great though. On the other hand I'm dissapointed that it's going back to the monetary system, I liked "owning" the equipment you gathered during missions for later use, and not worrying about making enough money for your next mission.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-05-24, 11:42 PM #3
Contracts was groovy.

Even the re-cap missions were good.
2006-05-25, 7:54 AM #4
I played Silent Assassin about a year ago, and I just found and finished up Hitman: Codename 47 a few weeks ago. Silent Assassin was excellent with the exception of the Japan missions; I loved the missions, the story, and the controls. Codename was interesting, but I dispised the lack of in mission saves. I haven't played Contracts, but I'm getting ready to pick it up on Ebay.

I've got mixed feelings on the Blood Money Demo. I've been getting some graphical corruption and some serious mouse lag about every other time I run the demo, so I hope it's just a bug. The controls took a bit of getting used to, but I think it'll work as good and SA's once I get used to it. Thing is, I loved the menu, a quick flick of the scroll wheel to reach the option I wanted. But there is some logic behind the three key interface, even if it is redundant. It took a while for me to realise the top key was my "Drop" key, and it just told me what I would drop. The only time I used it is when I needed to see what my "Action" key would do.

The AI was a dissapointment for me. Take that one point where you have to distract the guards. I screwed up, and the came running up to me. I figured my Tension meter would skyrocket and that I would be shot, but instead it's about halfway up and they have a gun in my face. Doesn't say anything, just pulls the gun. I walk to the next location; the tension meter slowly rises, and they are walking right on my heels wherever I go with the gun pointed at me. So sue me, I wasn't as impressed as I hoped.

I'm not going to pre-order it, but I'm going to wait for some reviews and to talk to other people who have played it. It's not a question of if I'll buy it, but when. I refuse to miss a Hitman title, but I'm not sure if this is going to be the second coming of SA that I was hoping for.
2006-05-25, 9:24 AM #5
[QUOTE=Joseph T]Silent Assassin was excellent with the exception of the Japan missions[/QUOTE]
The Japan missions were some of the only ones I couldn't get a perfect Silent Assassin rating for the mission. Damn ninjas are absolutely paranoid. I had actaully started to write a walkthrough for a perfect SA rating, but never got the rating through the Japan missions, and I just never got around to going back to it.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-05-25, 9:27 AM #6
Hitman games seem interesting, yet I have absolutely no nerves to play stealth games anymore... got to try the normal FPS routine with the demo, too.

(Yeah, many people don't have nevers)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-05-25, 10:20 AM #7
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Hitman games seem interesting, yet I have absolutely no nevers to play stealth games anymore... got to try the normal FPS routine with the demo, too.

I love the stealth genre; I'd have Chaos Theory if it didn't have StarForce, and I can't find a copy of Pandora Tomorrow for CD-ROM instead of DVD.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-05-25, 10:32 AM #8
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
I love the stealth genre; I'd have Chaos Theory if it didn't have StarForce, and I can't find a copy of Pandora Tomorrow for CD-ROM instead of DVD.

Then buy a DVD drive--they're only like 20 bucks :p. Or hell, get a DVD Burner for 40 :p
D E A T H
2006-05-25, 10:35 AM #9
i like deus ex style stealth, where it is an option.

they need more games from the other perspective, trying to find the hidden ninjas.
2006-05-25, 10:37 AM #10
Originally posted by Rob:
I also used a syringe to poison this girl's drink.

Why would you need a game to do this? I'm sure you do it all the time... :em321:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-25, 11:27 AM #11
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Then buy a DVD drive--they're only like 20 bucks :p. Or hell, get a DVD Burner for 40 :p[/QUOTE]
I know, I really should :p
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-05-25, 11:50 AM #12
[QUOTE=Joseph T]
The AI was a dissapointment for me. Take that one point where you have to distract the guards. I screwed up, and the came running up to me. I figured my Tension meter would skyrocket and that I would be shot, but instead it's about halfway up and they have a gun in my face. Doesn't say anything, just pulls the gun. I walk to the next location; the tension meter slowly rises, and they are walking right on my heels wherever I go with the gun pointed at me. So sue me, I wasn't as impressed as I hoped.
[/QUOTE]

It's a training mission.

Hitman games normally get progressively harder.
2006-05-25, 12:00 PM #13

As much as I hate StarForce I love Splinter Cell too much to do that.

Now that UbiSoft has dropped StarForce is there any chance they might release patches for games that already have it?
2006-05-25, 4:53 PM #14
Originally posted by tofu:
As much as I hate StarForce I love Splinter Cell too much to do that.

Now that UbiSoft has dropped StarForce is there any chance they might release patches for games that already have it?

I've got a website linked that keeps track of all SF-infected games, and anything on there is automatically blacklisted for me, I will not put that **** on my system.

As for patching or re-releasing without SF, I haven't heard anything about that, and it would kick *** if they did.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-05-25, 5:15 PM #15
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]they need more games from the other perspective, trying to find the hidden ninjas.[/QUOTE]

Try this Half-Life 2 mod? Loads of fun, it's like being in a horror movie.

2006-05-25, 7:14 PM #16
I've got a website linked that keeps track of all SF-infected games, and anything on there is automatically blacklisted for me, I will not put that **** on my system.

As for patching or re-releasing without SF, I haven't heard anything about that, and it would kick *** if they did.

Honestly I have no issue with SF's software. The bad stuff has been blown way out of proportion. What I take issue is with the company and how they conduct themselves. Since Ubisoft has dropped SF now I have no qualms buying and playing Ubisoft SF games anymore since SF no longer benefits.
2006-05-25, 7:45 PM #17
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]i like deus ex style stealth, where it is an option.

they need more games from the other perspective, trying to find the hidden ninjas.[/QUOTE]

There should totally be a hitman level where you're informed that another hitman who is equally skilled will be taking out your target, and your job is to find out who and where he is. And to make it awesomer, the other hitman can have a variety of random approaches that the computer chooses to use. :D
DO NOT WANT.
2006-05-25, 8:08 PM #18
On an almost unrelated note... while watching the trailer, I couldn't help to notice that the when the guns were being drawn out they sound almost exactly as the sounds played in JK.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-05-25, 8:53 PM #19
Originally posted by Zell:
There should totally be a hitman level where you're informed that another hitman who is equally skilled will be taking out your target, and your job is to find out who and where he is. And to make it awesomer, the other hitman can have a variety of random approaches that the computer chooses to use. :D

Hm. I wonder if something like that happens. <_< >_>
2006-05-25, 9:06 PM #20
There is a rival assassin in this game.

But he is after you. Some guy they call "The Albino."
2006-05-30, 3:56 PM #21
I just got it. It is really, really cool but whenever I die it crashes? Its very hard even on regular.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-05-30, 5:20 PM #22
Originally posted by Rob:
There is a rival assassin in this game.

But he is after you. Some guy they call "The Albino."

Really? Does he ACTUALLY hunt you down? Or is it just going to be a cutscene fight or something similarly disapointing?
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-05-30, 5:31 PM #23
Honestly I have no issue with SF's software. The bad stuff has been blown way out of proportion. What I take issue is with the company and how they conduct themselves. Since Ubisoft has dropped SF now I have no qualms buying and playing Ubisoft SF games anymore since SF no longer benefits.

Oh, so slowly ruining CD drives, actually damaging the hardware, making games completely unplayable (even if bought legally), and installing rootkits aren't that big of a deal, eh?
D E A T H
2006-05-31, 12:10 AM #24
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Oh, so slowly ruining CD drives, actually damaging the hardware, making games completely unplayable (even if bought legally), and installing rootkits aren't that big of a deal, eh?[/QUOTE]
Their software never caused me any harm and it's not like it snuck onto my computer, I said it could install. So no, it's not a big deal.
2006-05-31, 2:26 AM #25
Originally posted by Sol:
Really? Does he ACTUALLY hunt you down? Or is it just going to be a cutscene fight or something similarly disapointing?

Haven't played it yet dude.

I should be getting my copy in the mail today.
2006-05-31, 5:07 AM #26
I was just hoping you somehow knew. :o
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-05-31, 6:22 AM #27
Well it says that the less stealthy you are, the more accurate a picture the press gets of you... I think the swath of destruction, knife wounds, and empty needles should make a clear enough trail... >:]
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-31, 10:56 AM #28
Their software never caused me any harm and it's not like it snuck onto my computer, I said it could install. So no, it's not a big deal.

Oh, that's not the problem, it's the problems it causes you that you don't know about. If you have starforce on your system everything I mentioned is happening, whether you know it or not (well, depending on the version of starforce). It'll slow your burning capabilities down, slowly destroy your cd-rom/dvd-rom/whatever, and is malware through and through. Not because you didn't get warned about installing it, but because you didn't get warned about its adverse effects.

I don't know why you continually brush things like this off--if it had stuck around, you'd see starforce become even nastier and nastier.
D E A T H
2006-05-31, 6:38 PM #29
This is the best Hitman game so far. I found the game extremely easy on the 'expert' setting, though. Heh. This whitehouse mission is tricky, though... I'm never stuck. Just slowed down.
2006-05-31, 6:52 PM #30
Quote:
This whitehouse mission is tricky

...White House? Like, where the President lives?

Do you go after the President in this game?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-05-31, 6:53 PM #31
It's like this:
You're there to keep an assassin from killing the President, and to kill the treasonous Vice President.
2006-06-01, 3:52 PM #32
Hell i bought this game today and all it does is crash = ( It doesnt even keep track of my save files so its impossible for me to progress any further than 20 minutes of the game!
\(='_'=)/
2006-06-01, 4:31 PM #33
Just received the game yesterday. I was able to obtain a silent assassin rating on the first mission not counting the tutorial. So why is it that we can't hide bodies in closets?
2006-06-01, 6:54 PM #34
I've done almost all the missions on silent assassin/proffessional. As for the closets thing, I was wondering this too. You also can't hide a body, and then pull it back out. So be sure to take the clothes BEFORE you hide the body.
2006-06-01, 7:25 PM #35
This game really isn't that great. I think I enjoyed Contracts more because the missions were more fun.
2006-06-02, 5:03 PM #36
Originally posted by Axis:
I've done almost all the missions on silent assassin/proffessional. As for the closets thing, I was wondering this too. You also can't hide a body, and then pull it back out. So be sure to take the clothes BEFORE you hide the body.

Thanks for telling me. That is most peculiar that you can't the body out.
2006-06-03, 10:23 AM #37
Lets see you even get an adult male's body into a dumpster.

↑ Up to the top!