Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Animals, and my sightings recently...
Animals, and my sightings recently...
2006-05-27, 9:24 AM #1
So I'm driving home after a nice 5 hour bike ride at the local Canadian Military Base, and I'm taking the main road out and I see a nest in a tree close to the road, but on closer inspection it was a porcupine on a branch eating an apple! I almost died laughing for some reason, it was just very strange to even see one, let alone on a tree branch so close to a busy road just crunching away at this apple.

My next encounter happened the next day, I was jogging through the woods with a lady friend and we are crusing along, and then this loud "PSSSSSSSSSSSTTT" snort noise erupts. She screams and I jump 5ft because of this noise and her scream. It turned out to be a deer that somehow didn't see, hear, or smell us until we were both literally 5ft away from it. It just made a VERY load snort noise and bolted off about 25ft into the woods and watched us until we were out of view. I thought this was also extreme strange. I used to hunt deer, and they are extremely timmid creatures who bolt off on the slightest noise or when they catch a hint of human scent.

I thought I would share these odd encounters. :) Post yours!
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-05-27, 9:53 AM #2
I one time saw a goat eating an eagle.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-05-27, 10:10 AM #3
i saw a wolfy discussing a goat eating an eagle.

apart from that i saw three nailfaces and four frogs all in one night a few weeks ago without even looking for them, they just strolled across my friends garden.
2006-05-27, 10:47 AM #4
I once saw 30+ rabbits all along the same road in the span of like a mile
2006-05-27, 10:50 AM #5
Originally posted by Wolfy:
I one time saw a goat eating an eagle.

Are goats poisonous?

They should be, if they aren't.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-05-27, 10:59 AM #6
Originally posted by money•bie:

were they flat or alive?
2006-05-27, 11:25 AM #7
In India we have cars, loris, autos, goats, and cows all in the same road. And noone pays much attention to the traffic lights, especially the cows.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-05-27, 2:15 PM #8
Originally posted by money•bie:

I once saw about 20+ on the same stretch of road, about half of them went splat, I did brake honestly.

I hate seeing animals die, humans I can watch die horrible deaths no problem, animals always make me sad. Go figure.
2006-05-27, 3:43 PM #9
working in toulnustouc (hydro dam project in northern quebec) on a night shift i was around the campsite doing my work and when i turned a corner i met face to face with a black bear.

thankfully all buildings are open at night so i just ran to the nearest one and waited.

they have a horrible breath.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-05-27, 3:48 PM #10
Originally posted by DracoZandros:
I once saw about 20+ on the same stretch of road, about half of them went splat, I did brake honestly.

I hate seeing animals die, humans I can watch die horrible deaths no problem, animals always make me sad. Go figure.

You've probably never seen a human die a horrible death. Movies don't count.

o.0
2006-05-27, 7:57 PM #11
Originally posted by Spook:
Are goats poisonous?

They should be, if they aren't.

God, everyone KNOWS the term is VENEMOUS, sheesh, you nincompoop!

:D
2006-05-27, 8:13 PM #12
I saw myself some coyotes onetime near abouts them bridge, but worst thing I seen was some woodchucks that had chewed near through the bottom of a tractor-trailer that was haulin' them buggers down to Tuscaloosa.

You ain't never heard Jesus until you done stepped on yourself a woodchuck.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-05-27, 8:17 PM #13
Last summer, I was out camping and a deer just walked by like 2 feet away from me. Only when I lay my hand on it did it bolt off.

Another time at camping, a racoon came up and I gave him peanuts. Kept giving him some and at one point he just lay down by the fire, kinda like a cat and stayed there for a while. Eventually he darted off into the woods.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-27, 8:41 PM #14
I was backpacking along with a couple people and we saw a big moose up on the rocks, so we radioed back to the rest of the group (because they are slow) and said we spotted a moose on some rocks so keep your eyes out if you want to see one. We got to a camp and ended up waiting for over an hour for them. Their explaination: "OH! We thought you said that there was a moose IN the rocks... Like some rocks looked like a moose! We were looking but couldn't find it!!!"
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-05-28, 6:19 AM #15
i saw a girl the other day

an interesting animal.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-28, 6:25 AM #16
Really interesting...

Once I saw a baboon who just let out some OOB sound. Repeating it, too. Probably at the zoo.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-05-28, 6:27 AM #17
I once ran over a turtle.

It died. And I got a flat tire.

:(

And I had to change my tire. Next to a dead turtle.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-05-28, 7:04 AM #18
Originally posted by Ruthven:
i saw a girl the other day

an interesting animal.

Did it have big mammillas?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless

↑ Up to the top!