Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Audiophiles, your opinions, please...
Audiophiles, your opinions, please...
2006-05-28, 8:55 AM #1
...on these headphones. Their wireless capabilities appeal to me most; I'm usually situated between two industrial scanners - I can keep my iPod on one desk and not worry about getting the cable tangled up. I'm not interested in spectacular audio quality, just decent enough. I'd like some decent battery life, $50 is pretty much my limit.

Given this information, are these headphones suited for my needs?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-05-28, 9:03 AM #2
Fixed. :p

Originally posted by Wolfy:
...on these headphones. Their wireless capabilities appeal to me most; I'm usually situated between two industrial scanners - I can keep my iPod on one desk and not worry about getting the cable tangled up. I'm not interested in spectacular audio quality, just decent enough. I'd like some decent battery life, $50 is pretty much my limit.

Given this information, are these headphones suited for my needs?
woot!
2006-05-28, 9:08 AM #3
Bah; damn UBB code.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-05-28, 9:09 AM #4
couldn't find any specs on the first couple of google pages, but they look to be alright. just make sure there aren't any metal door knobs around.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-05-28, 9:29 AM #5
http://dealmac.com/deals/Jensen-WBB100-Universal-Bluetooth-Headphone-Kit-from-45-shipped-padding/120207.html?ref=rss_dealmac_7

$5/off coupon there. Can't say I've ordered from them before, though.
woot!
2006-05-28, 11:00 AM #6
Bump?
2006-05-28, 11:01 AM #7
Originally posted by 7:
couldn't find any specs on the first couple of google pages, but they look to be alright. just make sure there aren't any metal door knobs around.

BadumCHE!
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-05-28, 11:05 AM #8
Most wireless headphones suck in terms of sound quality. I would be especially wary of generic Jensen products. Sennheiser's wireless line is the only thing I know of which is decent for the price. Look up the street prices, you may be able to find something for about $50.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-05-28, 11:13 AM #9
Define bad quality. Because I was happy with the iPod earbuds.
2006-05-28, 11:19 AM #10
Yeah, wireless tends to be rather crappy from what I can tell. I dunno about those.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=255994

Go through the thread. Apparently no one's gotten theirs yet, but there's a 15 dollar off coupon you can use if you call Buy.com.

And if you were happy with iPod earbuds you probably wouldn't notice the sound quality difference between these and headphones similarly priced.
D E A T H
2006-05-28, 4:47 PM #11
SENNHEISER FTW[/size]
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-05-28, 5:21 PM #12
Man, that's pretty cheap, I'd love some wireless headphones, especially as I am constantly destroying mine due to overstretching the wires.

Random question though, what on earth is the point of the "behind the neck" style of headphones? surely removing the band across your head defies the point of having the solid strap at all?
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-05-28, 8:54 PM #13
"Behind the head" headphones keep you from messing your hair if you have hair styled like mine, and allow you to wear a hat with a brim, something you can't do with a traditional set of cans with the strap going over the top of the head.

The band behind the head keeps them comfortable. Clip-on models (we're talking about large drivers here, not buds) are insanely heavy and uncomfortable.

OMG LIKE TEH HEADBAND FLATTENS MAH HAYER
Attachment: 12148/Photo 30.jpg (71,591 bytes)
2006-05-29, 6:34 AM #14
Thank you Shintock, very informative :p
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-05-29, 7:08 AM #15
Anything... for a lady.

</smooth>
2006-05-29, 7:09 AM #16
If only HD280 Pro's would be ABSOLUTE NON-LEAKING I'd hump them.

Now I just half-hump them :p
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-05-29, 7:12 AM #17
If you listen to them loud enough for them to leak, you'll be making yourself deaf. :p
2006-05-29, 7:15 AM #18
The leak's not loud though, but it still can be heard.

Mostly during 'Hymn of the Soviet Union' >_>
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-05-29, 7:47 AM #19
Originally posted by Shintock:
Anything... for a lady.

</smooth>

All because the Shintock loves....

Cadbury's Milk Tray...

/nearlysmooth
//mansecks?
2006-05-29, 8:10 AM #20
Milk Tray? I'd rather have NUT MILK.

[http://www.mikescandywrappers.com/thumb/nutmilk1204_t.jpg]

/manseckses martyn's nut milk
2006-05-29, 8:23 AM #21
:|
2006-05-29, 8:54 AM #22
Originally posted by Shintock:
Milk Tray? I'd rather have NUT MILK.

[http://www.mikescandywrappers.com/thumb/nutmilk1204_t.jpg]

/manseckses martyn's nut milk

*Starts a Mantrain Nut Milk company and higher Shintock as Headmaster.*
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-29, 9:12 AM #23
All of us use wireless headsets at our office, and I think they're from Bluetooth...I never bothered to check yet. They're okay for our purposes. I love being able to leave the computer and get some water every once in a while when I have a call. Beats the old speakerphone/cord way. :)

↑ Up to the top!