Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ebay issue/I hate scalpers Pt. II
Ebay issue/I hate scalpers Pt. II
2006-05-28, 1:26 PM #1
I bought tickets from a scalper through ebay for $400. It says on the page that the tickets are a certain section. The scalper sends me tickets for the same row, but different section (Gives me RC instead of LC). It was too late to get different tickets, so I sent the company a message saying that they gave me tickets for the wrong section, but I was going to leave neutral rating so it wouldn't mark them down. They never replied, so I left the comment saying "Wrong section, but worked and fast-delivery".

He replies with a negative rating for me saying "Customer Got BALC RC ROW S Instead of BALC LC ROW S due to typo. Otherwise Same". What grounds does he have for giving me negative feedback? I did my part, I sent and he revieced the payment as soon as the auction finished. I warned him before that I was going to give neutral feedback, and he did nothing to respond. If he doesn't retract, can I take this up with Ebay? Is there anything I can do?
2006-05-28, 1:28 PM #2
As great as the feedback system is on Ebay, this is kind of a case where it broke down. You can respond to his negative rating to defend yourself though.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-28, 1:42 PM #3
If you have a lot of other positive ratings, it should matter too much. His comment basically says "someone made a typo" and not "this jerk never paid up," so I wouldn't worry about it.
2006-05-28, 1:49 PM #4
$400? Jesus
2006-05-28, 1:51 PM #5
That's why I hate Ebay's feedback system. If you ever give a negative feedback when they deserve it, you get crucified...
2006-05-28, 1:56 PM #6
it does't happen that often.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-28, 2:33 PM #7
I did that by accident once, thought the tickets were and listed them as in the middle but as someone pointed out to me they were actually off to the side. I gave the winning bidder a $50 discount (only made $250 instead of $300.. boohoo) and positive feedback for all ensued.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-05-28, 4:28 PM #8
Spork ... you're a ****ing scalper?
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-05-28, 4:53 PM #9
No, I don't think you can take it up with eBay. People make the mistake of buying from a low-quality seller all the time, and they say so in their ratings and comments. The whole point of the feedback system is to encourage other buyers NOT to buy from this person. That's supposed to be the punishment: reduced sales.

I know it sounds weak when typed like that, but it's true. :( Sorry about your tickets.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-05-29, 4:44 AM #10
Originally posted by Acharjay:
Spork ... you're a ****ing scalper?

Well... technically, yes. Bought 2 tickets for a gig, ended up having to go out of the state for the weekend, none of my friends wanted the tickets so I sold them on eBay. I was hoping to get my money back, ending up making a little bit extra.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-05-29, 12:25 PM #11
Oh, well ... that's alright then.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-05-30, 2:34 PM #12
Originally posted by Spork:
Well... technically, yes. Bought 2 tickets for a gig, ended up having to go out of the state for the weekend, none of my friends wanted the tickets so I sold them on eBay. I was hoping to get my money back, ending up making a little bit extra.

And just how many times now have you had to mysteriously "Go out of the state for the weekend" and not have any friends?
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2006-05-30, 2:40 PM #13
Next time, just give them the low rating. Duh.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-05-30, 3:06 PM #14
[QUOTE=Darth J]And just how many times now have you had to mysteriously "Go out of the state for the weekend" and not have any friends?[/QUOTE]
Once :p
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-05-30, 4:07 PM #15
There's nothing wrong with scalping. It makes perfect economic sense. Usually, everyone involved gets what they want.
2006-05-30, 4:28 PM #16
except for the people who try and buy a ticket for something, but lo and behold, all the tickets are sold out instantly, whilst 4000 of them show up on ebay minutes later at a hugely inflated price.

its horrible.
2006-05-30, 6:49 PM #17
I hate scalpers too.
Attachment: 12186/scalper2.jpg (77,784 bytes)

↑ Up to the top!