Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I can tell I've been playing JK for too long.
I can tell I've been playing JK for too long.
2003-12-19, 12:09 PM #1
1. I play and then dream it all.

2. I play with the WoW Mod, and in another game I press the key for Grappling hook and something else happens.

3. I edit in JED for a long time, then I move onto something else and I press a key and wonder, Why isn't this working? Oh right...

Anyone else out there that has had this happened to them before?

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2003-12-19, 12:13 PM #2
I've had some very awesome JK dreams and then when I get done I start making the level that was in my dreams. I had some very clever ideas using this method. I just never finished any of my 'dream' levels. Good fun to play (in my dream, that is).

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2003-12-19, 12:16 PM #3
I'm really too tired right now to list everything that JK and JED have done to my brain...

------------------
Mystic0 Editing Resources
Mystic0 Forum
The Massassi Post Count Summary(link works now)
2003-12-19, 12:27 PM #4
I've had a KotOR dream recently [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-19, 12:59 PM #5
I dreamed that I had the Master Sword and Hylian shield. Then on top of that, with such equipment I casted some necromantic spell from NWN.

Stop looking at me like that!!

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2003-12-19, 2:46 PM #6
My primary jk overlap is the recurrant urge to press f9 before i do potentially silly things. In other games and in my every day life both.. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
Applecore scowled. "What does that mean, 'real'? Amn't I real, you? If you cut me, do I not bleed? If you piss me off, will I not kick you up the arse?" -War of the Flowers
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2003-12-19, 3:28 PM #7
I get the urge to press F9 ALL THE TIME. Most of the I realize that Im thinking and I start laughing, further entrenching the idea that Im nuts in the minds of all around me...

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-19, 3:47 PM #8
I dream of skyboxes...

I'm scared...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-19, 4:00 PM #9
Whenever I look up to the sky I immediatly think of the number 204. When I'm on ice I think of the number 5/surface flags.During class I stare at my pencil and wonder how many polygons it has. Every building I've ever walked into, I've imagined open in JED. My first thought when seeing helms deep was "That'd be awesome in JK." I think that a lot whenever I see an interesting place in a movie. "JK warped my mind and JED split it."<--- oooh, kewl quote! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2003-12-19, 5:25 PM #10
At this point, whenever I sit down at any computer anywhere I automatically put my left hand in the WSAD config.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov

Never tickle the third foot!
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2003-12-19, 5:32 PM #11
WASD? Pfft.

The arrow keys on my keyboard no longer have text on them. Neither do the shift keys, or A, S, D, F, kp_ins, or kp_del. My left shift key literally has a hole in it where Ive worn through. The arrow keys dont have long left until they have holes in them too. The edges of my arrow keys have literally been worn off. They just kinda droop over...

..And all of this from playing JK...

------------------
Fight the future.
2003-12-19, 5:34 PM #12
Great Scott man, how is that even possible. I think you need a new keyboard for Christmas...

------------------
2003-12-19, 5:45 PM #13
Oh, the keyboard still works perfectly. Well, there was this thing it was doing for awhile, if I pressed real hard on the left shift key, it would produce a pipe char, |. Its stopped doing that since I stiwched to Linux, though.

Actully, I would buy a new keyboard, I just find it hard to give this one up. Ive problably typed over ten million words on this thing, and its still going great. Im used to how the keyboard responds, how it feels. I like it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

...And besides that, have you any idea how hard it is to find a standard 104-key keyboard? Its nearly impossible. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY around here carries them. Sure, theyll sell you a "multimedia keyboard" for a thousand dollars that has a million keys on it, but no standard 104-key keyboards. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Fight the future.
2003-12-19, 5:59 PM #14
I know what you mean. Ever since we got our new computer I just CAN'T use JED with it. I don't know why. My fingers just don't work. I have to have my other keyboard if I want to edit JK.

------------------
2003-12-19, 6:09 PM #15
You know when you play JK or edit too long when your expectations of a level cant live up to its "true potential" due to the crappiness of the engine, and the whole thing with imagining how to make your school with Radiant, or exactly how you could light the room to look like that.

------------------
Unofficial Level/MOD Concept Rater That No One Really Likes...

"Once upon a time, I asked the clerk where the bathroom was and we were launched into mortal combat...until he shot me."

<(^_^<) (>^_^)>

^^^^^ For JediKirby
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2003-12-19, 6:53 PM #16
You take notice of the lighting all around you so that when you have JED open, you know what light looks like.

------------------
2003-12-19, 7:41 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dormouse:
My primary jk overlap is the recurrant urge to press f9 before i do potentially silly things. In other games and in my every day life both.. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

I do that always... and I always want to quicksave on tests. (at school, altough I am homeschooled so that means almost all the time...)
all of the JK dreams I've had (quite a few) have been nightmares. stuff like the dark jedi coming back to kill me, and (sieriously) a lot of canyon oasis nightmares...

------------------
"I must find somone... to send to Riven."
-Atrus, 'Riven'

Whatever you do, do NOT click here! don't even try!
"I must find somone... to send to Riven."
-Atrus, 'Riven'

Whatever you do, do NOT click here! don't even try!
2003-12-20, 3:19 AM #18
Lets see if I can recall any JK dreams...

Well, I have one that isn't quite JK... I dremt that I was on a big lawn, outside appartment buildings, and I... Knew it was a dream so I consentraited on, FLY! And so I did, only the steering was tricky. How tricky you ask? Jedi Outcast unpatched, MP, g_gravity 0.

How about that... That is all I can remember!

/Edward
2003-12-20, 3:55 AM #19
I tried to use this code in my head:

activate:
evilthing=My Ex Gf;
Player = GetLocalAaron;
DestroyThing(evilthing);
if(evilthing == -1){
MakeThingHappy(Player);}
else
{
grunt & cry;
}
Return;

needless to say, I grunted and cried.
Or maybe it didne work cos I cant cog :?

------------------
"I never dreamed I'd love somebody like you...
I never dreamed I'd loose someone like you."
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2003-12-20, 4:14 AM #20
I've seen dreams where I've gotten most of the inspiration for my (forbidden and unreleased) levels.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan

[This message has been edited by FastGamerr (edited July 20, 2004).]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2003-12-20, 4:43 AM #21
Screw JK and JED! What COMPUTERS in general have done to my brain over the summer...

I was sketching in class and I instinctivly made my left hand to goto where ctrl+z was when I made a mistake >_<

------------------
<Glyde> but.. you can't pick pickled peppers, even if a pickled pepper picker could pick pickled peppers!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2003-12-20, 9:10 AM #22
Same here, Mr Bane!
2003-12-20, 9:35 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
...And besides that, have you any idea how hard it is to find a standard 104-key keyboard? Its nearly impossible. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY around here carries them. Sure, theyll sell you a "multimedia keyboard" for a thousand dollars that has a million keys on it, but no standard 104-key keyboards. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

</font>

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I had to sneak into my dad's office and steal a keyboard from their Big-Bin-O-Hardware-And-Peripherals when I built this baby. (my computer)
I was recently asking Best Buy if they sold wireless 104 key keyboards, and they said they haven't even had 104's in stock since last year.. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

So I think I'm going to see if I can mod one. (Take out the wireless components of a multimedia keyboard, and stuff them into my 104 key. Would that be damn cool or what?)

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-12-20, 2:47 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:
...So I think I'm going to see if I can mod one. (Take out the wireless components of a multimedia keyboard, and stuff them into my 104 key. Would that be damn cool or what?)</font>

Yes, yes it would.

------------------
Fight the future.
2003-12-21, 12:47 PM #25
I guess this is where it ends... So I'll end it with a nice picture...
[http://edward.leuf.org/ALIEN.GIF]

CHECK MATE!!!
2003-12-21, 12:51 PM #26
I know all the content in res2.gob by heart.
Or I used to, anyway. Haven't touched JED in like two years.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2003-12-22, 8:34 AM #27
I used to refer everything to JK. I would think that there was cogs running in the back of the world making other people do things while I was being controled by some player outside the universe in the real world. Are you all really there or are you all AI scripts that my player is supposed to disscuss with to complete mission objectives and entertain a higher source of power?
2003-12-22, 9:54 AM #28
Mech... Welcome to the Matrix!
2003-12-22, 1:31 PM #29
Heres a few things.
1. One time when i was tired i tried to reprogram my friend so he would give me his stuff. (stayed up for 3 days beforehand so don't blame me)
2. Had a dream i was playing jk and then when i looked a the screen it was the real world and my world was jk.
3. Made the house of a person I don't like and made his family and had a cutscene of them being executed by a Stormtrooper.
4. constantly pressing f9
5. Had a dream that I had a rail gun infinte ammo and the world was my playground.

------------------
To see a world in a grain of sand
and heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
and eternity in an hour.
To see a world in a grain of sand
and heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
and eternity in an hour.
2003-12-23, 8:59 AM #30
Just last month, I played a demo of Kill Switch and then I had a dream about it............with StarWars characters(Kyle is hero, stormies are enemy, weapons are stormtrooper rifle and thermal detonators).
No sig.
2003-12-23, 5:10 PM #31
You're all freaks.

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe

↑ Up to the top!