Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I still download levels for JK?
I still download levels for JK?
2006-05-31, 12:00 PM #1
It's the poll.
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-05-31, 12:05 PM #2
i haven't had jk installed for a couple years now
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-05-31, 12:06 PM #3
I don't download levels actively, but I've had JK installed (yet mostly untouched) for ages... haven't had urges to play them levels in a long time. Time to fix that situation.

Some day.

So I put the last one even though I mean reinstalling levels and not JK in general :P

That and I mostly download MotS SP levels anyway. In fact, if some sexy MotS SP level was released now I'd download it pretty fast.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-05-31, 12:09 PM #4
I haven't downloaded levels since the good ol' days of the internet gaming zone. I rarely downloaded any SP levels compared to MP ones. Majority of my Jedi Knight editing career was spent on beta testing my own stuff. I rarely had interest in other people's work back then (not to sound like a jerk or anything).
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-05-31, 12:16 PM #5
I doubt I'll ever reinstall JK again.

I used to download a lot of SP levels, but I barely played MP after a while.
2006-05-31, 12:43 PM #6
Upon seeing the thread title, I immediately thought:

"I'm Ron Burgundy?"
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-05-31, 12:47 PM #7
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
I don't download levels actively, but I've had JK installed (yet mostly untouched) for ages... haven't had urges to play them levels in a long time. Time to fix that situation.

Some day.

So I put the last one even though I mean reinstalling levels and not JK in general :P

That and I mostly download MotS SP levels anyway. In fact, if some sexy MotS SP level was released now I'd download it pretty fast.

:em321: I still actively make and play JK/MotS. In fact, even though I've pretty much 'retired' from buying/playing/modding videogames in general, I still enjoy JK/MotS for the community and as a hobby.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-31, 1:38 PM #8
I downloaded every single player level for jk and mots from tacc just incase it went, and put them on disc.

THAT is dedication :)
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2006-05-31, 2:31 PM #9
Yes, I download practically all of the new SP and MP levels from JKHub, but I also enjoy exploring the old levels from Massassi.
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-05-31, 2:34 PM #10
i get stuff from Asp whenever he's in the map-making mood
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-05-31, 2:38 PM #11
Like most people, I haven't had JK/MotS installed for almost 4 years and naturally haven't downloaded any mods since then. However, I still think those games were awesome, and the mods were remarkable.
2006-05-31, 2:58 PM #12
If it was a map with a mod that allowed red faction style geo modding with havok 3.0 physics engine i would download it.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-05-31, 3:02 PM #13
I'm not really interested in checking out regular JK levels (especially not multiplayer), but there are a few things I want to try. Life of Grismath and Wolfy's JK movies look good. What I'd really like is a level that's sort of like the adventure/exploration parts of Anachronox - something with just exploration, talking to people and cutscenes.

Why the poll?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-05-31, 3:35 PM #14
Got JK and MotS installed.

I edit JK/MotS, make my own levels, play other people's levels, mostly Multiplayer stuff though.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-05-31, 3:37 PM #15
Yes I am open to downloading new levels, although I haven't recently. No time to play them, really, right now.

I downloaded Remnants of the Empire that at the very end of this past spring semester. Really well done, and especially good looking with JKE on. Although I replaced the snowtroopers so they didn't use the same base model as JK's default stormies, and thus look halfway decent now. Much better than a transition to fighting a bunch of nice looking commandos and then walking into an ambush from the block people.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2006-05-31, 10:23 PM #16
What about "JK is installed and I play it from time to time but I haven't downloaded any new mods or levels in a while because massassi hasn't posted them but I have downloaded betas and the like from the JKHub pages"?
一个大西瓜
2006-05-31, 11:32 PM #17
Originally posted by SavageX378:
(not to sound like a jerk or anything).

Sorry, you failed.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-05-31, 11:35 PM #18
Is Massassi ever going to do submissions again? Who is in charge of that?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-05-31, 11:52 PM #19
Originally posted by Pommy:
What about "JK is installed and I play it from time to time but I haven't downloaded any new mods or levels in a while because massassi hasn't posted them but I have downloaded betas and the like from the JKHub pages"?

One of the nice things about JK is the FMV - for all the stupid lines and obvious green screen 'sets' it holds up much better ten years later than the MotS cutscenes.

Which I guess has nothing to do with your post, but maybe quoting a message gives mine some relevance.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-01, 6:17 AM #20
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Sorry, you failed.

Heh, at least I was honest.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-06-01, 6:19 AM #21
I only have MotS... I don't download levels, but I played through the singleplayer part of it a few months ago.
2006-06-01, 6:53 AM #22
Axis... we've gotta fix that, man! Just see the sig. :D
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.

↑ Up to the top!