Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I will not be ignored!
I will not be ignored!
2006-06-01, 6:49 AM #1
It's been almost eight months since a level has been posted on Massassi; however, according to Spiral's thread, more people here play JK (or would if there were new content) than don't.

On the 22nd, I sent an open private message to Brian (which I now deem an 'open letter'):

[quote=Mister Postman]Brian,

The Massassi black and green have been a regular fixture of my browser for quite some time, and although it's reassuring to know that this format remains consistent throughout the years, it's not as settling to know that the content within that format has become very static.

Granted, the JK community isn't what it used to be; however, I can assure you that JK/MotS levels have been completed since the last upload on 10/19/05, and surely something newsworthy has gone on since the beginning of this month.

I know I've asked about the level uploads system before, but I'm going to ask again: what's going on with that? Is it that there aren't any submissions anymore? (I know I submitted something awhile back that I haven't received any response about) Is it that we lack dedicated level posters? Maybe that could be remedied by a revision of the level posting system. I think it'd still be worth the time/effort, and I'm sure there are many who would agree with me.

I totally understand that you're the boss here and your word is final, but I'd just like to bring your attention to how long it's been. Also: I would like to propose that I or anyone else who might be interested/sufficiently qualified be enabled to bring back the Massassi reviews section. Massassi has the readership and community that any other JK editing place lacks and I feel that reviews would be good encouragement for those still editing to produce quality work and gain a platform for mroe people to hear about and play their creations.

Sincerely,
- Grismath[/quote]

Can someone at least give me a straight answer on why the level system is down? :confused:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-01, 6:55 AM #2
Well, I was locked out of the levels email account and never let back in, so that didn't help any. (He changed the password when it moved.)

Also, he WAS writing a new system for uploading files. I dunno if he's still workin on it or not.
2006-06-01, 6:57 AM #3
Could somebody please tell Grismath I've got him on ignore?
2006-06-01, 6:57 AM #4
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
I will not be ignored!

Yes you WILL
Stuff
2006-06-01, 6:58 AM #5
I somehow think DSettahr's absence can explain that, when he was around we had news pretty much every day and levels being posted... well, maybe not totally, but it's still coincidental :p
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-01, 7:04 AM #6
Actually, I take that back!

He finally got the levels email account working again.

If you had something to submit, submit it now, I'll see if I can actually upload stuff or not.
2006-06-01, 7:08 AM #7
Progress update:

This might take a while. There's 6000 emails in the levels account right now, and 98% of it is junkmail. Better start praying my junk filter works.
2006-06-01, 7:10 AM #8
Sent. :D
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-01, 7:16 AM #9
Progress update:

4000 emails downloaded of 6000 (and 1. :p )

Thunderbird has started crying now.
2006-06-01, 7:25 AM #10
All emails downloaded.

Thunderbird is now filtering for Junk. And I will be taking it on its word (Aka NOT CHECKING THE JUNK).
2006-06-01, 7:29 AM #11
Any levels that Thunderbird thinks are junk probably are... :o

("xXx DMXZFFNS_DeTh_Ar3n4lolzier_XxX")
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-01, 7:38 AM #12
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

levels@massasi.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: DNS Error: Domain name not found

:eek:

It's levels@massassi.net, right?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-01, 7:39 AM #13
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

levels@massasi.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: DNS Error: Domain name not found

:eek:

It's levels@massassi.net, right?

levels@massassi.net

NOT

levels@massasi.net

(I think you misspelt it when you emailed it :p)

Hurry up, I'm waiting.
2006-06-01, 7:44 AM #14
GRIIIISSMAAATH...

YOU SUBMITTED IT WRONG.

THERE'S NO README!!!

GRAAAHHH!

GEEZ man, get it right!
2006-06-01, 8:10 AM #15
HEY! There's a readme on the site I linked... ONE BAR ABOVE THE FILE GRAHHH :o
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-01, 8:37 AM #16
THEN TELL ME THIS STUFF! GRAAAH!
2006-06-01, 8:52 AM #17
Wooh! Posted. :D

Everybody go download it now, kthx. I will be releasing something new very shortly (in a new, episodic distribution model, I'm "with it").
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-01, 1:29 PM #18
Heck, I'd love it if we had reviews, it would definately motivate me. I want to release at least one level this summer, and I should, considering I have Somnolence 99% finished and have had it so since theeee daaaaaawwwwn of tiiiiiiiimmmmmmeee!
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-06-01, 3:24 PM #19
Are you telling me the file submission system at massassi is back up? :eek:

Hell, I think I'll finish the final beta of my latest level ASAP and submit it! :D

[edit]I might even have more finished levels....[/edit]
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-06-01, 5:24 PM #20
Wooh! Posted.
in a new, episodic distribution model

bah "new", dickens did it centuries ago!
2006-06-01, 5:30 PM #21
On a another note, why'd you post this? It's obviously just a test sandbox map.

Oooo, *EDIT* I meant the new JO MP level "Duel Yavin", not Grismath's. Heh.
2006-06-02, 12:58 AM #22
Because Massassi will post any file submitted that meets its submission guidelines. It doesn't "judge" levels, it lets the people downloading them do that, and hopefully also give constructive feedback to authors to enable them to improve.
2006-06-02, 7:40 AM #23
Just a note, the levels system was not down and I didn't do anything to fix it. We just haven't had anyone doing what CM just did (d/l all the levels and post them).
2006-06-02, 7:42 AM #24
Slackers.
2006-06-02, 7:47 AM #25
Originally posted by Brian:
Just a note, the levels system was not down and I didn't do anything to fix it. We just haven't had anyone doing what CM just did (d/l all the levels and post them).

It was down a long time ago, when our emails were buggered. (Which mine still is)

But then I forgot about it :v:
2006-06-02, 7:57 AM #26
Originally posted by Giraffe:
Because Massassi will post any file submitted that meets its submission guidelines. It doesn't "judge" levels, it lets the people downloading them do that, and hopefully also give constructive feedback to authors to enable them to improve.

Unless it's a default box. Then I stab you in the eye and publicly humiliate you.
2006-06-02, 7:57 AM #27
/me submits a default box >.>
free(jin);
tofu sucks

↑ Up to the top!