Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Chronicals of Riddick
The Chronicals of Riddick
2004-06-21, 4:05 PM #1
Saw the movie this weekend. I thought it was awsome... you kinda had to see Pitch Black first but either than that I thought it was awsome. Great action and cool special effects exactly what I like in a movie.

What did you guys think of it?

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-06-21, 4:06 PM #2
I thought it sucked total goat arse, but that's just me.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-21, 4:18 PM #3
I saw it because Pitch Black was a truly great film. I liked Chronicals of Riddick, I'd say it's worth seeing.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-06-21, 4:24 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">...you kinda had to see Pitch Black first...[/B]</font>

And yet its supposed to be a prequil. How exactly does that work? (i sadly havn't seen it yet. Seeing it 2morrow, so i'll post then.

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-06-21, 5:12 PM #5
I enjoyed it.

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-06-21, 5:25 PM #6
It is not a prequel, it's definitely a sequel. Jack is older, Riddick has been on the run, and the Holy Man was supposed to have been watching Jack.

A friend of mine told another that it was a prequel so he'd go see it, because he was of the opinion "you have to see the first one first." The next day the first friend denied having said it was a prequel when I brough over "Pitch Black" and had to explain that it was set before "Chronicals of Riddick"

You didn't really need to see the first to get the second, but it'd help.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bounty Hunter 4 hire (edited June 21, 2004).]
2004-06-21, 5:40 PM #7
Somehow the impression got out there that it was a prequel but I think that happened because that is the case with the game. The movie is certainly a sequel.

------------------
Have you forgotten ...
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2004-06-21, 6:35 PM #8
Great movie. As someone said above, there's a few things that you won't get if you haven't seen Pitch Black.

The game looks really good as well. Anyone catch that show on G4TechTV the other day where they interviewed Vin Diesel and company about the game? Very interesting show.

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)
2004-06-21, 6:42 PM #9
The game was one of the more immersive gaming experiences I've had. It was incredibly short though. We beat the game for the first time in about 6 or 7 hours, and a second time in 4. I'm glad we rented before we went to pickup our reserved copy.

------------------
</sarcasm>

[This message has been edited by Compos Mentis (edited June 21, 2004).]
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-06-21, 7:13 PM #10
I heard its a rip off of Conan.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-06-21, 10:01 PM #11
It's not a very good movie, but it's entertaining for the the duration, so it serves its purpose. It's quite predictable and obvious, but it's amusing througout, and it never lost my attention, so it's a decent movie and worth seeing if you're bored.

Did anyone else who saw the movie think those Necro guys looked really stupid? The faces and wierd statues of people impaling themselves with huge nails were pretty silly.

------------------
Empty.

[This message has been edited by Hellequin (edited June 22, 2004).]
2004-06-22, 1:04 PM #12
i enjoyed the first 10 minutes of the movie... that's all i saw... when they showed it on mtv

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway

↑ Up to the top!